criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Heroes (Phasma , Fin) have to be unlocked also via credits?

I'm just asking.
Do we need to unlock them also with credits?
I hope not.
It's enough to spend my credits on lootboxes which are giving us only random stuff to the endless grinding.

Is there any info about it?

Replies

• I honestly don't know, I sure hope they don't require credits though.
    "scnjbhsgchjth" - Death Trooper

• bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    As a guess, they will.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Credits will do.
  • Everything new coming into the game from now on, save for maps maybe, im betting will cost real money to optain. Thats the price no season pass and no future random loot boxes (fingers crossed). Phasma and finn might just cost ingame credits though, or nothing at all, so everybody feels good about the game and the movie around that time. Imo and guesswork though.
  • I can tell you over the next few weeks I'm going to save up as many credits as I can in the event that they do cost credits. Wouldn't be surprised if they were 10k-15k each.

Unless they're unlocked through some kind of challenge, which I know I'd prefer.
  • Yes they have to be unlocked with credits, see the post on the website about TLJ season
  • I'm sure it will require credits. Just like how you can technically earn free new characters in street fighter 5, but they require a lot of in game credits and it's always faster to buy season pass to unlock them.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    FettForMVP wrote: »
    I can tell you over the next few weeks I'm going to save up as many credits as I can in the event that they do cost credits. Wouldn't be surprised if they were 10k-15k each.

Unless they're unlocked through some kind of challenge, which I know I'd prefer.

Depends on the challenges to unlock them.

Some of the challenges on Battlefield for specializations are just awful.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Why would they differ from the other heroes?
  • Nihil wrote: »
    I'm just asking.
    Do we need to unlock them also with credits?
    I hope not.
    It's enough to spend my credits on lootboxes which are giving us only random stuff to the endless grinding.

Is there any info about it?

According to this article you will need to purchase them with ingame credits.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-last-jedi-season-is-coming
    Things kick into high gear on December 13. Your favorite stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn joins the fight for the Resistance and Captain Phasma steps on to the Battlefront for the First Order. They can be purchased with in-game Credits from that week.
  • Yes they will be purchased with crystals or with credits. I think with crystals it’ll be roughly 600? And credits it’ll be 25000.
  • Almost certainly
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • After unlocking every hero I have already got 30k credits saved up waiting for Finn and Phasma. I also have bought many hero crates with the surplus credits that I earn (I don't waste my credits in Trooper crates, I'll get almost the same for half price on a Hero crate). So what grinding are we talking about? I play the game like 3 hours sometimes 4 a day and just go with the flow, the credits keep coming in.
  • You will be required to provide them with one eternal soul per character/star-fighter unlock.