criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The AT-AT still needs a weapon fixing from the 1st game

Right now, the only useful thing the walker has is the orbital strike, which is near pointless on the Endor map due to the forest blocking the view and the placement to be in the right place. The side lasers are toned down from the guaranteed instant-kill from before (thank god), but the chin cannons are even more useless from before, because not only do they not instant kill and are horribly inaccurate, but now they're on a cooldown instead of a base selection like the 1st game, making them the single most useless ability in any Star Wars game in history. They need to be fixed in every way they can, because nothing works for them

Replies

• SVEJ
    1066 posts Member
    Sometimes i like to go back and play swbf2015, dunno why but it just seemslike a better game, weapondamage/balance wise, like even the vehicles behave better.
  • It also has been out for 3 times the length of this one. No $h!t it's going to feel more balanced. Come on, that's not a ridiculous thought.
  • It hardly hits where you aim, very disappointed.
  • And even if it does, have fun trying to get a kill. Everything about it is garbage except for the orbital strike. What's the point of having a team buff ability? NO ONE WILL EVER JUST SIT NEXT TO IT THE ENTIRE MATCH! It's completely worthless
  • Yeah increase damage on main cannon, "chin cannon". That should be instant death to anyone or thing it hits!

The "side cannons" should be like 2 shots to kill infantry, heavy maybe 3. Right now it seems like 5 and six shots.
  • I understand how the smaller ones would be good against infantry, because the movie, but the chin cannons should do a ridiculous amount of damage in comparison! There is no reason it should take 4 or 5 shots to destroy a stationary turret, let alone more than 1 for any single humanoid infantry. And that's not even mentioning how little the aiming reticule is in sync with where the shots are actually going to go and how random the blasts are in the reticule anyway.
  • It’s pretty frustrating the way it is. Shot one rebel 4 times with the heavy cannon today. Pretty much threw up and had to watch empire strikes back just to make sure my brain didn’t fall out.
  • Orbital strike is the only redeeming ability for AT-AT. The main weaponry is too weak and should one-hit kill anyone with a direct hit. What's the range of the reduced cooldown ability? Unless it's a few hundred yards, it's worthless. You can't expect people to hang around by the AT-AT.
  • Spar7an17 wrote: »
    It’s pretty frustrating the way it is. Shot one rebel 4 times with the heavy cannon today. Pretty much threw up and had to watch empire strikes back just to make sure my brain didn’t fall out.

I'm end up quitting most Hoth matches right away mainly because I don't want to play Hoth *again*. It's definitely the most common map in the rotation.