criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Is it okay to post exploits on here for DICE to be made aware?

I have a video compiled of over 45 min of exploits, glitches, etc that want to make aware to DICE and was wondering if this was okay to post?

Replies

• I dont see why it wouldnt be okay.
  • Do not post as it is essentially advertising hacks and it will cause the thread to be locked.

Instead report all websites, videos, advertisements for hacks or cheats here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-report-cheat-hack-scam-websites-to-ea/
  • If you want the devs to see this, post it on YouTube as a private video to where only the person who has the link can view it. Then message Dennis and a couple of the EA mods (not the volunteers, the ones with EA online their username) through the forums and let him know you have a video of know exploits and provide the link in your message. I did this twice during BF2015 and got responses both times.
  • dabull19 wrote: »
    Do not post as it is essentially advertising hacks and it will cause the thread to be locked.

Instead report all websites, videos, advertisements for hacks or cheats here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-report-cheat-hack-scam-websites-to-ea/

this info is for websites only. I'm not advertising. I am trying to make it known so DICE can fix
  • If you want the devs to see this, post it on YouTube as a private video to where only the person who has the link can view it. Then message Dennis and a couple of the EA mods (not the volunteers, the ones with EA online their username) through the forums and let him know you have a video of know exploits and provide the link in your message. I did this twice during BF2015 and got responses both times.

is Dennis his user name or how do you look that up im pretty bad at how to get in contact with them
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    dabull19 wrote: »
    Do not post as it is essentially advertising hacks and it will cause the thread to be locked.

this info is for websites only. I'm not advertising. I am trying to make it known so DICE can fix

By making it a public post, everyone will know about the exploit.
    I've seen threads closed by moderators when people have been discussing exploits, in particular, afk exploiting.
    johnny_mercury is probably giving the best advice at the moment.

Or you could get in touch with their support chat and direct them to the video perhaps?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2291 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

I've seen threads closed by moderators when people have been discussing exploits, in particular, afk exploiting.

Or you could get in touch with their support chat and direct them to the video perhaps?

how would i do that, the contact us page on ea doesn't get me to get in contact with the developers

I mean it doesn't say its against the rules of the forum when i read it, just no naming and chaming which i blurred that one person out.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

how would i do that, the contact us page on ea doesn't get me to get in contact with the developers

I mean it doesn't say its against the rules of the forum when i read it, just no naming and chaming which i blurred that one person out.

I'm sure the support person have a way to contact the developers, or at the very least, escalate your ticket further if need be.
  • And take a look at this post here.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/804838#Comment_804838

That's a moderator telling people off not further to advertise exploits. So best scenario is not doing it in the first place.
  • i wish they'd give us like a PM for these EAs so i can get this over to them, i found a 200,000 Battle Points in 10 min or less exploit and i think it needs to get fixed asap

@johnny_mercury

That is wrong. The devs and mods, bit that is okay and correct but they may not see it quick as they are busy etc.

The wrong bit is the volunteer mods. We have direct contact with devs and CMs and we report issues to them directly and send them stuff when needed. It is encouraged to report stuff to us and them and that way you will get the issue escalated to the studio. We may not be studio folk but we make sure it gets instantly sent to them the moment we see it so share details in PMs when you have something etc.

For an example, OP reported the stuff to me already and several members also did the same thing few days earlier and I let the team know and bam they became aware and are working on it because of it. Any staff member basically that has an official forum rank has the ability to escalate stuff so even if they dont have "EA" in the title feel free to share the info etc but do make it unlisted and dont post on the forums to not spread awareness.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines

@johnny_mercury

That is wrong. The devs and mods, bit that is okay and correct but they may not see it quick as they are busy etc.

The wrong bit is the volunteer mods. We have direct contact with devs and CMs and we report issues to them directly and send them stuff when needed. It is encouraged to report stuff to us and them and that way you will get the issue escalated to the studio. We may not be studio folk but we make sure it gets instantly sent to them the moment we see it so share details in PMs when you have something etc.

For an example, OP reported the stuff to me already and several members also did the same thing few days earlier and I let the team know and bam they became aware and are working on it because of it. Any staff member basically that has an official forum rank has the ability to escalate stuff so even if they dont have "EA" in the title feel free to share the info etc but do make it unlisted and dont post on the forums to not spread awareness.

Viable information. Thanks for sharing how you guys work and your collaboration with the developers.

@johnny_mercury

Maybe now, but all through BF2015 the non-EA moderators were pretty useless except in closing and consolidating threads. I messaged mods over and over about exploits and perusal messages attacking forum members without even getting a reply. If that's changed then that's great.
  • XXXO77O4906
    3104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @johny_mercury

Ahhh well, there is a reason for that actually.

Those mods (note, not all but most) were actually paid mods but they were only paid to "keep the forum clean" and nothing else. Cant go into too much details for this but trust me, they were not really here for glitch collecting and anything else other then pure moderation really.

They are no longer with us however.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines