criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Kashyk is it Defence Skewed

So I was playing Galactic Wars and got saddles with droids on Kashyk and we did pretty well at pushing up to the last zone which there is only one way in up a ramp so they have the high ground and is easily dependable with ships and crates everywhere. We brought in multiple heroes and tanks and they just shredded us. This feels like the developers didn't account for common sense tactics when looking at level design. I'm sure there are other levels with a similar problem but this one was just egregious. Am I wrong is there a back door like other EA shooters have had so your not just zoned into a kill box?

Replies

• Avaris wrote: »
    So I was playing Galactic Wars and got saddles with droids on Kashyk and we did pretty well at pushing up to the last zone which there is only one way in up a ramp so they have the high ground and is easily dependable with ships and crates everywhere. We brought in multiple heroes and tanks and they just shredded us. This feels like the developers didn't account for common sense tactics when looking at level design. I'm sure there are other levels with a similar problem but this one was just egregious. Am I wrong is there a back door like other EA shooters have had so your not just zoned into a kill box?

Never had a problem winning a match on that map from droid side, but I do agree some of the level design in this game wasnt well thought out. I can say the same with alot of other things in this game.
  • bfloo
    16585 posts Member
    Kahyyyk is the only map that consistently gets to phase 3 for me.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Droids always win on kasyyk for me... or atleast almost always.
  • Yeah I dunno after giving a few more hours to the game it feels like almost all matches get to phase 3 and just sorta stall out given the way overtime works, had one person keep a game on Kamino last for 15 mins in overtime because he was Palpatine and would just hide on the point which as you might imaging isn't very fun.
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Interesting. I've never seen the Clones keep the droids out of the ship regardless of whatever side I'm playing on. They always push in. Phase 2 is usually where I see the droids having trouble pushing in.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • ProphetGrievous
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't think I've ever lost kashyyyk as the droids lol. But also haven't lost as clones. Use Leia and her secondary ability when at the last phase to basically spawn kill droids. Then if a charge is acivated you can easily use your shield and disable the bombs.
    "My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."
  • Rippo
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If People camp the Hangar entrance and your Team is stuck, just pick a Starship (Vulture, Tri, Hyena) and try to shot them it´s actually quite easy, with a bit practice you can fly bombing runs in the Venator hangar itself which results in killing people At the Entrance and the campers at the Exit it also gives you a tone of points. If you got the choice to pick any of them I would suggest the Vulture droid, in my opinion its the easiest ship to do bombing with.If you want to play Infantry I suggest you play Officer with the Starcards "Officer's Presence" which decreases the time teammates around you start to regenerate their health by up to 40% (if it's Epic), the 2nd Card is "Improved Battle Command" Which Provides a very good health buff for you and the people in front of you when you use it. the 3rd and last would be "Squad shield" which enables you to place a mobile Shield bubble which got at lvl 1 1000hp and on epic 1400 this a pretty good build to play every map with since you can easily place the Shield to cover corridor passages ( like the Scrapyard junction on Tatooine for example), to Hack objectives, to plant or defuse bombs.
  • I love Kashyyk as it's the only map I've played that have almost a 100% success chance to reach Phase 3. And as we all know by now, Phase 3 means more credits earned. A win-win situation.
  • mmmm.... my experience is the exact opposite actually. I think AAT are a huge factor playing in favour for droids. I don't see how they can get shredded so easily. Usually if you have clones camping hangar entrance you just put AAT in siege mod and lay devastation on them. Dear OP, i think you just got unlucky and ended up in a poor team