criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Has anyone killed a MTT??

Seems pointless to even try to me same with AT-AT

Replies

• While I personally havent seen one destroyed, I was playing with a group of people yesterday, and we got the ATATs on Hoth down to around 15 health each. They are a tad strong, and most people playing arent talking about any sort of plan, so I rarely see the enemy go below 40 reinforcements. But even then, the main point,of damaging them is to take away enemy reinforcements for the next phase
  • I came here for the exact same question...
    Think the lowest i saw on a MTT or AT-AT´s was 40, but most often it goes not below 50 if at all...
    Its not even that ppl not try!
    Actually i see them trying all the time to get those shots off.

But if you have a Objective Sign over your head and need to get in 100m Range of them you are literally like a Christmas Tree light up and asking for drawing all the fire to your Position. Especially if the MTT/AT-AT is piloted by a player.
  • Danielus wrote: »
    I came here for the exact same question...
    Think the lowest i saw on a MTT or AT-AT´s was 40, but most often it goes not below 50 if at all...
    Its not even that ppl not try!
    Actually i see them trying all the time to get those shots off.

But if you have a Objective Sign over your head and need to get in 100m Range of them you are literally like a Christmas Tree light up and asking for drawing all the fire to your Position. Especially if the MTT/AT-AT is piloted by a player.

Press Y/Triangle/whatever on PC, and you stow away the Launcher. I'm not sure if it takes the Objective waypoint off your head to the enemy, but you can at least protect yourself.

On a side note, one thing I remember in the beta, was if both Clones who had Ion Disruptors fired on the MTT one after another (first trooper fires and weakens it, then the second trooper fires), it would deal bonus damage. I feel like this was removed, and it seems to be a big part of why its more difficult to take the MTT and ATATs down now
  • Once in this game. Did it plenty of times in the original game.
  • Once saw an AT-AT survived by 1 hp in Endor.
  • We had an AT-AT down to abt 5% on Hoth once. I don't know how may people realize you can damage them after the ion cannon/missile hits.

Best,
    Daniel
  • Tried it yesterday I think. The MTT didn't reach its goal because it was destroyed. It was on the map in the town (don't know its name). The game ended when the MTT was destroyed.

Also, I was in a game where we destroyed one walker before it reached it's destination. The other one survived.

So it can be done...
  • It's definitely possible, you just need a competent team.
  • It's definitely possible, you just need a competent team.

That will be a key factor, but i still think the range should be somewhat higher as 100m.
  • I did one time. The team I was on was like super objective players. We was the clones on Naboo. Best team I ever had.
  • CT_21_0408 wrote: »
    Seems pointless to even try to me same with AT-AT

Well the point is that thier health is equivalent to the attackers tickets. So yes more than likely it will make it to its destination but you dont want the attacker to have a full set of tickets for the next phase. The attackers get 30 tickets per each phase, so get the MTT to lets say 20, the attackers only get 50 tickets for the next phase.
  • I have seen a destroyed MTT on Kashyyk.
  • My team did it on Theed a couple times.

But why would you want to end the game early and get 150 credits?
    It's better to get it very low and allow them to reach the final stage...
  • bfloo
    16098 posts Member
    We had the AT-AT on Endor down to 0 health ~ 3/4 of the way and it still kept coming.

On Hoth if you take one down, I saw it once, the doors on that side don't open.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I haven't but it is possible, saw a post on Reddit about it earlier today. It's rare though.
  • bfloo
    16098 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I haven't but it is possible, saw a post on Reddit about it earlier today. It's rare though.

Part of the problem is no one really wants to take it down.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I haven't but it is possible, saw a post on Reddit about it earlier today. It's rare though.

They need to add in a win bonus, or even just some bloody win/loss stats.
  • bfloo
    16098 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

They need to add in a win bonus, or even just some bloody win/loss stats.

It is just a bad mechanic where if the defenders win phase 1 or 2 the game ends.

This game needs a back and forth mode, which Dice is good at making. GA is already getting repetitive.

h846398gb27k.png

• Managed to kill one last night on Theed. For the first time in an oh so long time, I was with a team who were totally on point with the objective. It was really close at the end, but we had one ION cannon left, against the 3% MTT - and down it went.

But its the same problems that faced SWBF EA - people simply do not play the objective and wonder why they lose.
  • Have seen AT-ATs go down. Never seen a MTT go down though it is amusing how easily it is destroyed in the end of match animation on Kashyyk. I always wonder why the heck they didn't just do that to begin with.
  • bfloo
    16098 posts Member
    CasualCat wrote: »
    Have seen AT-ATs go down. Never seen a MTT go down though it is amusing how easily it is destroyed in the end of match animation on Kashyyk. I always wonder why the heck they didn't just do that to begin with.

I always wondered why the Imperials didn't just blow up the U wing in infiltration in the last game.

h846398gb27k.png

• I have done this once but I'm not sure exactly how the game took it. We got the ATAT down to 0 on Endor literally right before it reached the base and the game went on for a couple minutes after it blew up the front gates but I'm not sure if it just wasn't registering or what because I know we didn't play till the end of the map. The game ended about halfway into the base.