criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Fall Back....

So I'm playing a random match of GA, finally no lag for a bit, yay. I get a lot of BP pretty early so I decide to grab Vader.... I spawn, run toward the enemy for about 5 seconds, then get the message to fall back. To make a long story short, I die from the counter because I didn't know where to go. Bull *****. It shouldnt kill you, not everyone is trying to spawn camp. It should teleport you to the nearest defend objective or something ffs, but I shouldnt be killed for being unfamiliar with a map after working to get a damn hero

Replies

• Damn that sucks. Also on Kamino, if you try running to the spire on the right rather than left (direction when retreating), while running the whole time I couldn't make it in 30 seconds XD
    "My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."
  • It should not be in the game, it favors the attackers by giving up too much territory in an instant. DICE want players to move to the next area, they will to defend the objective. Never had this problem in walker assault so why have this mechanism now? Map too big? This needs serious tweaking.
  • Yeah, there are too many doors that don't open and whatnot else to be doing that. I've died cause I ran to the wrong door and it didn't open before, and had to try running around to another one. :/ That's just terrible what happened to you though. :/
  • Yeah, there are too many doors that don't open and whatnot else to be doing that. I've died cause I ran to the wrong door and it didn't open before, and had to try running around to another one. :/ That's just terrible what happened to you though. :/
  • Fall Back needs to stay, there also needs to be a move up for offense. But I know how you feel I was at the front line and then fall back happen and even thought i was running straight B lining it, I still died. So clearly no enough time to fall back. Needs to be 45 seconds and Heroes or other players that just spawned need 1 min just to be safe.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Fall Back needs to stay, there also needs to be a move up for offense. But I know how you feel I was at the front line and then fall back happen and even thought i was running straight B lining it, I still died. So clearly no enough time to fall back. Needs to be 45 seconds and Heroes or other players that just spawned need 1 min just to be safe.

The fall back is too far for the few that actually play the objective. Get into a shootout along the way and you have no shot of making it. It is bad enough the game forces me to defend, but it punishes me on top of it for playing objectives.

I'm not even getting notifications that the objective is about to fall, it looks like we are in control, 3 seconds later I need to fall back.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Fall Back needs to stay, there also needs to be a move up for offense. But I know how you feel I was at the front line and then fall back happen and even thought i was running straight B lining it, I still died. So clearly no enough time to fall back. Needs to be 45 seconds and Heroes or other players that just spawned need 1 min just to be safe.

The fall back is too far for the few that actually play the objective. Get into a shootout along the way and you have no shot of making it. It is bad enough the game forces me to defend, but it punishes me on top of it for playing objectives.

I'm not even getting notifications that the objective is about to fall, it looks like we are in control, 3 seconds later I need to fall back.

maybe gradient fall back. think of tide coming in. where it slowly moved the line that way people can see it happen and its on instantaneous
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

maybe gradient fall back. think of tide coming in. where it slowly moved the line that way people can see it happen and its on instantaneous

The clear the sector mechanic on Battlefield1 Ops works much better. At least you can defend yourself, at the risk of giving the other team more tickets if they take you down.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The clear the sector mechanic on Battlefield1 Ops works much better. At least you can defend yourself, at the risk of giving the other team more tickets if they take you down.

I forgot about that. ya I actually like that better, but they do still spawn the soft kill after a while if you survive for too long. I know from experience lol. But they also need to incorporate +2 for every defender that stays behind and dies.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member

I forgot about that. ya I actually like that better, but they do still spawn the soft kill after a while if you survive for too long. I know from experience lol. But they also need to incorporate +2 for every defender that stays behind and dies.

I never tried to stay over the line, so I never noticed, but it at least gives me an opportunity to get in a decent position to hold the attackers back.

h846398gb27k.png

• MBKilam16
    58 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the sympathy and comments all. Glad this is getting at least some attention. It's happened to me with other heroes that are slower like Han, and running toward a door you think will open was a huge contributor. Often, I would hit the locked door, then get shot in the back. I like extending the timer to 45 sec, and 1 min for H and V. If they want to stop spawn campers, they could reduce or negate potential points gained from being passed a certain threshold. Anything other than instantly losing 8k BP.
  • MBKilam16 wrote: »
    Thanks for the sympathy and comments all. Glad this is getting at least some attention. It's happened to me with other heroes that are slower like Han, and running toward a door you think will open was a huge contributor. Often, I would hit the locked door, then get shot in the back. I like extending the timer to 45 sec, and 1 min for H and V. If they want to stop spawn campers, they could reduce or negate potential points gained from being passed a certain threshold. Anything other than instantly losing 8k BP.

Hey it could be worse. it could be someone spending 200BP on a speeder and running over your character
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    MBKilam16 wrote: »

Hey it could be worse. it could be someone spending 200BP on a speeder and running over your character

Ugh, another of the many problems that need fixing.
  • MBKilam16 wrote: »

Ugh, another of the many problems that need fixing.

Ya i literally spawned as Rey on Endor and then *boom* as I spawn, which if you know your character spawns before you can get in game to control it, the enemy saw me on the mini map and ran to my spawn, in out of bounds, I see him and dodge but he turned like 90 degrees rotating and just a tap and then *boom* dead. 8000 gone like that.
  • Yesterday, when I was playing on Hoth, appeared counter about reatreat. Its I guess the last retreat, when you go to catacombs. There was a hangar door, and all the team was running to this hangar door. I do not know this map that good, so i was searching where to run as well. I saw one player running to a small door on the left, i followed him and stayed alive, but a group of players from the team, around of 5-7 just died around this hangar door, i heard their death cries. It was not fun.
  • Yesterday, when I was playing on Hoth, appeared counter about reatreat. Its I guess the last retreat, when you go to catacombs. There was a hangar door, and all the team was running to this hangar door. I do not know this map that good, so i was searching where to run as well. I saw one player running to a small door on the left, i followed him and stayed alive, but a group of players from the team, around of 5-7 just died around this hangar door, i heard their death cries. It was not fun.

Lol that's so messed up man. I really hope they make this quick easy change.
  • Sassaroth
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I like the gradient fall back idea
  • Sassaroth wrote: »
    I like the gradient fall back idea

I don't mind it, so long as we can somehow stop it from killing you if you just spawned as a hero or villain.
  • Follow the red arrow during Fall Back. I used to die every time until I realized it actually tells you where to go.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Follow the red arrow during Fall Back. I used to die every time until I realized it actually tells you where to go.

Sometimes that arrow runs me straight into a wall.

h846398gb27k.png

• Follow the red arrow during Fall Back. I used to die every time until I realized it actually tells you where to go.

Lol common man, that's obvious. The problem is that it doesn't direct you around buildings or through which doors are open. Which wouldn't be a big deal, if the timer weren't so short, and the punishment wasn't death even with a hero.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Follow the red arrow during Fall Back. I used to die every time until I realized it actually tells you where to go.

Lol common man, that's obvious. The problem is that it doesn't direct you around buildings or through which doors are open. Which wouldn't be a big deal, if the timer weren't so short, and the punishment wasn't death even with a hero.

30 seconds isn't really a short timer, but on some maps if you are by the objective it is a long run back with minimal cover.

h846398gb27k.png

• It's a short timer for the size of the map, how far out you're able to be with no indication of where the line will be drawn, and potential objects you can run into. Not to mention enemies. While 30 seconds may be a sufficient timer for most games, considering all the variables here it's clear that it needs to be longer. The margin for error and punishment are too harsh
  • Hi there. It's something we will look at. Some sectors on some maps have some big issues with this, I agree and am sorry about that it's not a great experience when you die as a Hero the first time you play on a new map for instance. However - although not a fix - I hope people will learn from playing where to run and when the transitions happen to at least make it less of an issue.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Hi there. It's something we will look at. Some sectors on some maps have some big issues with this, I agree and am sorry about that it's not a great experience when you die as a Hero the first time you play on a new map for instance. However - although not a fix - I hope people will learn from playing where to run and when the transitions happen to at least make it less of an issue.

Even on maps where I know the way, if I am up at the front line and run straight back it is a tight race.

h846398gb27k.png

• Happened to me with hero too - spawned, ran toward objective and than turned around, tried to make it and failed. Acctually it happened twice, but once I spent only 3000 credits.

Also on Hoth when I tried to go back with Lando I run into AT-ST unleashing missiles everywhere and there was no other way to hangar but to pass it because of time. I boldly run and died :/
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.
  • So frustrating when you die as hero trying to fall back. Make it damage you or something. Being one second away then losing your killstreak can be such a buzzkill
  • Hi there. It's something we will look at. Some sectors on some maps have some big issues with this, I agree and am sorry about that it's not a great experience when you die as a Hero the first time you play on a new map for instance. However - although not a fix - I hope people will learn from playing where to run and when the transitions happen to at least make it less of an issue.

Thank you for the reply. I know you guys have a long list of things you're working on. Yes, as the map becomes more familiar the problems is aleviated, but still very present. I hope people keep posting their stories and experiences here. Again, thanks for the reply.
  • So frustrating when you die as hero trying to fall back. Make it damage you or something. Being one second away then losing your killstreak can be such a buzzkill

1 second away... that's the worst. Happened to me as Han because I was getting slowed by Palpatine's jump lightning...
  • They should make it so the border slowly crawls towards the objective so it's easier to follow and not die.
    Ayy
  • rocketpig
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I've been killed by the Fallback warning, both from not escaping to a safe zone and from enemies killing me. It usually happens immediately after a spawn when I'm disoriented and haven't located where I am on the map.

They need to either set back the spawn points - a crappy solution because then you have to run a long way if the Fallback warning doesn't appear - or they could just put a freakin' arrow on the map telling you which direction to fall back (not the red arrow currently in place, REALLY highlight the direction) because in a hectic retreat with things going nuts around you, a tiny on-screen arrow doesn't do the job.

It's particularly bad on forest maps where you often spawn without a good frame of reference to pinpoint your location. Because all trees look the same.

Also, extend the timer just a bit. But maybe only for the defending team. The attacking team can hold up a few seconds and let the defenders get in place.
  • rocketpig
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    After reading more of the thread, I like the idea of a rolling fallback wave to give players a visual map reference of direction of battle.

But please offset the attacking/defending safe zones a bit and give them a small buffer so you don't have the attacking team riding the very front of the map wave while defenders retreat and get shot in the back (the people in the back are often last because they're playing the freakin' objective).

Which happens all the time, especially on maps like Theed, Endor, and Hoth where the defenders are constantly trying to push forward to get those launchers and play the game the way the devs intended.
  • They should make it so the border slowly crawls towards the objective so it's easier to follow and not die.

Ya thats the Gradient idea i was suggesting that is helpful, that or BF1's fall back design Vx0W8.png
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Sorry.
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    The worst fall back is on the Endor map when the AT-AT shoots down that gate and you’re like a mile away from it. Everyone rushes there and gets shot in the back. :|
  • Rok73 wrote: »
    The worst fall back is on the Endor map when the AT-AT shoots down that gate and you’re like a mile away from it. Everyone rushes there and gets shot in the back. :|

i think its funny when rebels take phase 1 and imperials are trying to fall back and they all clump up. I just take out the sentry gun and hose them done. As the great Dom says https://goo.gl/tp47Mt