criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Death Star Cutscene Oversight

ProphetGrievous
75 posts Member
edited November 2017
When you're playing on the Deathstar and pass phase 2 as the rebels, I forget what exactly you shut down, the commander says something along the lines of "at least now we're taking this station down with us." Yet the cutsecene is still the same Rebel loss cutscene rather than the rebels being chained up and then everyone blowing up XD
"My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."

Replies

• When you're playing on the Deathstar and pass phase 2 as the rebels, I forget what exactly you shut down, the commander says something along the lines of "at least now we're taking this station down with us." Yet the cutsecene is still the same Rebel loss cutscene rather than the rebels being chained up and then everyone blowing up XD

He actually says something more along the lines of "Even if we dont get off this station, their planet killer laser won't work", not that you hit a system to destroy the Death Star
  • ProphetGrievous
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ahh okay! Not sure how that would indefinitely disable the Death Star XD
    "My warning to you is this—do not rely on your companions to compensate for your weaknesses in skill. There will be times they will not be there to help you when needed."
  • But why would escaping result in the Death Star blowing up?
  • But why would escaping result in the Death Star blowing up?

To be fair, the canonicity of the multiplayer maps is up to debate, but the Second Death Star is the weirdest situation. Like, if the Rebels win the match, it blows up, presumably from Lando and the Falcon (even though Lando can be IN the Death Star in the game). But if tbe Empire wins, there's no sign that any other attack was happening. Its just weird multiplayer logic :P