criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fixes and Changes Battlefront Needs

Kyle2295
254 posts Member
edited November 2017
Everything below is intended for this game and/or the next.

Things to change and add:
• All modes and maps in arcade!!!
• Option to remove health bar or slim it down
• Galactic conquest!!!
• Troop transports off rails
• Commander classes buy battlepoints on specific locations eg commander Cody on Utapau or magna guards etc
• More advanced customisation options in a bigger arcade mode
• Being able to land vehicles
• Better squad system
• More maps
• More timeline/location specific vehicles eg naboo starfighter on naboo
• Trooper customisation (just not to intrusive eg pink stormtroopers)
• More hero skins
• Less loading time
• Hanger to hanger combat
• Lightsaber on/off button or emote
• Heaps more AI in multiplayer and arcade
• More clone wars/prequel maps and content
• More lightsaber heroes
• A way bigger offline focus
• No loot boxes
• Arcade mode cross-era eg storm troopers vs first order on kamino
• Arcade to feature fully open maps
• Remove intrusive yellow squad feature near health bar
• Option to see next map/planet while waiting for next match
• Better map shuffling
• Rewards for level up
• More weather changes in maps eg kashyyyk night time
• DLC pack including all big 2015 battlefront maps eg death star trench run
• Change the resistance voice for starkiller base (I think. Or death star 2?) As it sounds like someone's exaggerating a child starting puberty
• Customisation of 5 AI squad members for galactic conquest so you can feel like you have a squad to care about.
• Adjust Yoda's starfighters wing angle
• Ground to space maybe?
• Incognito mode (no AI) for arcade so you can explore maps without being shot at
• The ability to check on, track, and cash in challeges during and inbetween matches
• Maybe a little more guns, although that doesn't really bother me
• Mode where maps are completely opened up and filled with AI
• 3 different cutscences for each maps victory and loss
• Anakin Skywalker- no one cares if Vader's there aswell. You have two millennium falcons in starfighter assault at the same time.
• 20℅ of Left over battle points to get transfered over to credits

Things that should not be changed:
• General gamplay eg heroes, vehicles, troopers.
• Heroes without a timer
• Lightsabers having to hit troopers more than once. Good for combos
• Heroes based off of battlepoints
• Canon era weapons being usable after you unlock the next one

Replies

• /signed
    »For the rebellion!«
  • My vote goes here!
    I bought this game only to be able to play with friends and just go look around on any map.
  • Dodge roll against heroes, supercharged sentries against heroes, vanguard against heroes. The accuracy of palpatines lightning. My main gripes.
  • Aurugal
    50 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My main gripes are the weapons. Heavies and Assaults don't have a gun that can kill people from range except the pseudo sniper of the former. It feels like other than sniping, officer is the only class that has decent midrange weapons.

Edit: and since people are getting better at HvV, block has become too good as it can stalemate fights due to the block stopping almost all force abilities.
  • I agree with most of your points here except for one part.
    That's a big no for me. As long as EA/DICE insists on rewarding players with taking out AI ships for a massive amount of battle score, this will be easily abusable. I finished a game yesterday with more than 32 000 battle points. With your suggestion, I would get 6 400 credits for this. And for what? Because I took out a handful of players and dozens of AI ships?

Once they fix that issue, I'll all up for remaining battle points to be converted to credits but with 10% instead of 20%.
  • 1.Progression system> more credits for PTFOing+ good players
    2.More content
    3.Customization of troopers according to Star Wars Canon. Lucas Film will help in this matter.
    4.Squad system so that we can play with friends & enjoy our SW universe!
    5.Unlock the rest of the heroes so that we don't have to spend more credits for them & focus for upgrading our classes & starfighters!
    Billy Doc out.
  • I agree with most of your points here except for one part.
    That's a big no for me. As long as EA/DICE insists on rewarding players with taking out AI ships for a massive amount of battle score, this will be easily abusable. I finished a game yesterday with more than 32 000 battle points. With your suggestion, I would get 6 400 credits for this. And for what? Because I took out a handful of players and dozens of AI ships?

Once they fix that issue, I'll all up for remaining battle points to be converted to credits but with 10% instead of 20%.

True, true.
  • Killing AI ships should give you credits.
    Still the AI ships & turrets can "kill" you ingame.
    More credits for killing real players yes.
  • In order to use the troop transports, maybe they could be purchased to pilot by battle points, and then you become a gunship and spawn point for other players were you load up and drop them of continually (kinda like battlefield), and score battle points from this. The troops would hold square to exit or enter the vehicle like on ton tons. But if you ext the vehicle, it explodes, like the other starfighters. Or just make all vehicles accessible from ground to air. The troop transports make up some of the coolest, most desirable star wars designs eg imperial shuttle, laat gunship, u-wing etc
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »
    In order to use the troop transports, maybe they could be purchased to pilot by battle points, and then you become a gunship and spawn point for other players were you load up and drop them of continually (kinda like battlefield), and score battle points from this. The troops would hold square to exit or enter the vehicle like on ton tons. But if you ext the vehicle, it explodes, like the other starfighters. Or just make all vehicles accessible from ground to air. The troop transports make up some of the coolest, most desirable star wars designs eg imperial shuttle, laat gunship, u-wing etc

It would have a countdown reuse time so it couldn't continually kill enemy spawns. But it would be a good way to spice some matches up. Like if an enemy team has a solid fortress wall of soldiers, a transport could drop soldiers of to come infiltrate the other side.
  • At this point I have many things about this game I don't like, but two things changed and I would be completely content with it.
    1. Fix the lag/Hiccup issue. That just makes the game unplayable.
    2. I want a JetPack card to speed up the game. I hate running the long distances. The lack of Jet pack slows the game down for me substantially. I get bored and quit playing after about 1 hour or so. If I want that type of speed I'll go play COD WW2. I expect more speed and aerobatics in a Star Wars game.

• saltydog wrote: »
    At this point I have many things about this game I don't like, but two things changed and I would be completely content with it.
    1. Fix the lag/Hiccup issue. That just makes the game unplayable.
    2. I want a JetPack card to speed up the game. I hate running the long distances. The lack of Jet pack slows the game down for me substantially. I get bored and quit playing after about 1 hour or so. If I want that type of speed I'll go play COD WW2. I expect more speed and aerobatics in a Star Wars game.

Blackbeard? What are you doing with a lightsaber?

I have got to strongly disagree with you on number 2. I hated the jetpacks in the first one. Everyone used them and it didn't feel like star wars. I've Farley seen jetpacks even in star wars. For me, I like the pace of the new game much better. You don't want it to be overly fast as star wars just isn't that. I think Its good to get a break from the action every now and then just to appreciate your environment and star wars experience. Otherwise you may as well just play a game without the star wars title. But i agree sometimes the spawn points are a little far away. And I don't know why you used call of duty as an example for a slow pace game, as its notorious for its small maps and fast gameplay. But its good to hear someone else's thoughts.
  • Yep, I rarely play heroes with sabers just don't like them. I used cod ww2 because you can't jump pack around and have to run a lot. Call me lazy but I just hate to run.
    If I bat .500 on my two issues with this game I guess that's a success.
    I have had a few lags/hiccups this morning but nowhere as bad as the past week. We shall see.

• I guess the positive side to no jet pack card is that I can jump off the highest object now and have zero damage to my health.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    I guess the positive side to no jet pack card is that I can jump off the highest object now and have zero damage to my health.

Blackbeard always was a positive kind of cap'n.
  • Ability to run Custom Arcade with multiple friends where they can choose a side. This was in 2005 BF2, and would get several of my friends interested in this game.
  • Lets make this post great, so that EA cannot say that they didnt know anything about what we want, anymore.
    »For the rebellion!«
  • That's the thing chubs. The people around here don't want Any negative feedback on this game. It's a circle **** at best.
  • Rotaugen wrote: »
    Ability to run Custom Arcade with multiple friends where they can choose a side. This was in 2005 BF2, and would get several of my friends interested in this game.

Yeah, that'd be cool. It would need heaps more than 20 AI though.
  • The AI in general for arcade also needs a fix, as they often end up hitting each other until one dies.
  • Full backing support from me for these.
    TOGETHER WE SHALL CHANGE EA'S GALAXY
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »

• Galactic conquest!!!
    • Commander classes buy battlepoints on specific locations eg commander Cody on Utapau or magna guards etc
    • Better squad system
    • More maps
    • More hero skins
    • Less loading time
    • More lightsaber heroes
    • No loot boxes
    • Better map shuffling
    • Rewards for level up
    • Change the resistance voice for starkiller base (I think. Or death star 2?) As it sounds like someone's exaggerating a child starting puberty
    • Customisation of 5 AI squad members for galactic conquest so you can feel like you have a squad to care about.
    • Ground to space maybe?
    • Incognito mode (no AI) for arcade so you can explore maps without being shot at
    • The ability to check on, track, and cash in challeges during and inbetween matches
    • Anakin Skywalker- no one cares if Vader's there aswell. You have two millennium falcons in starfighter assault at the same time.

• Heroes without a timer

Great list......listen to us dice/ea we are your fan base and buy your games. Give US what WE WANT please
  • How about the ability when you drop a Detonite Charge to be able to shoot it to detonate it?
    What gives you could do it in bf2015?
    :/
  • Two more things:
    - make the rewards for completing challenges just a little bigger.
    - for map voting, I think this will be more of a problem than a solution. I'm going to get sick of playing on the same maps that people prefer (probably clone wars). Clone wars is really cool and I want it to be more of a focus, but as for now, there are only three of those maps (in GA). They will quickly get repetitive. I would suggest a different system where you can opt for your chosen map to start with, but after, it keeps shuffling around randomly. I don't know, this is why offline needs these maps. Offline fixes everything.
  • In galactic 'conquest', I would love to see interactive battlecruisers (eg star destroyers, venators) as the players main area between matches. Here you can customise your armour and weapons, plan what you'll take into the next battle etc. I said this in another post but I think it needs to be added to this list.
  • You are asking for WAY too much
    Kyle2295 wrote: »

• Galactic conquest!!!
    • Better squad system
    • More maps
    • More hero skins
    • Less loading time
    • More lightsaber heroes
    • No loot boxes
    • Better map shuffling
    • Rewards for level up
    • Ground to space maybe?

• Heroes without a timer

• Mjrask wrote: »
    You are asking for WAY too much

Its a big list, sure. But I don't think you have thought it over properly. Almost everything on this list was in the original battlefront from 2005! A lot of the things that aren't are smaller things like remove the yellow squad feature on the HUD, better map shuffling etc. I did say down the bottom that I don't want any of the general gameplay changed. There are a few bigger requests like ground to space and dlc for 2015 battlefront maps, but they are just things that I would like to see, not an absolute must.
  • I should mention that battlefront elite squadron from 2009 actually had ground to space.
  • And definitely fix the roll. Make it work the same a the hero rush abilities. People are starting to take advantage of it like crazy! Its becoming hard to kill anyone with the heroes
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    • Galactic conquest!!!!!!!!!!
    • Troop transports off rails!!!
    • More advanced customisation options for arcade mode matches
    • Being able to land vehicles!!!
    • Better squad system
    • More maps!!!!
    • More hero skins
    • Less loading time
    • More clone wars/prequel maps and content!!!!
    • A way bigger offline focus!!
    • No loot boxes
    • Arcade to feature fully open maps!!!
    • Better map shuffling
    • Rewards for level up
    • Adjust Yoda's starfighters wing angle!!
    • Prequel heroes eg mace windu, anakin, obi wan, grevious!!!

Just thought id simplify the list down to my absolute essentials and comment on this again so anyone that hasnt seen it and agrees can do so. I want these changes!

The next game definatley needs almost everything in my first list if it wants to live up to the original battlefront in my opinion...