criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

There was a patch, but why?

There was a patch as far as I know, but why?

None of the issues were solved....more sadly, there are even more issues.

- Often I have to completely restart the game to find an open match. If I'm not, the searching for a game message appears in an endless cycle.
- Also restart required when the sound completely disappears. The whole game is muting itself from 1 moment to an other. (mostly on Kashyyk map)
- There are still laggs.

Replies

  • EA_Tom
    272 posts EA Community Manager
    Outstanding issues will be solved over time, which happens in stages (patches). This means that not everything the community has called out for will be visible in a single patch.

    We've got more coming, so stay tuned.
  • Pfft.
  • Good to know, thanks.
  • Thanks for your time in posting the good news @EA_Tom. Have a great day!




  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Outstanding issues will be solved over time, which happens in stages (patches). This means that not everything the community has called out for will be visible in a single patch.

    We've got more coming, so stay tuned.

    Ah really? Reading your patch notes, I only see fixes for some animations, and door opening issues and map "tweeks" and how many battlepoints you get for several actions.
    These are ALL non technical and NON GAME BREAKING issues which could have been fixed in a later patch!

    "Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles."
    "Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains"

    You think these are prio 1 issues which had to be solved in the 1st line?
    I think not beeing able to play the game because DCs and forced restarts and laggs is much more important than tweeking the score or battlepoint you get after some actions!!!!

    (especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)

    I don't know who is your solution architect, but in a regular IT profile company you fix the functionality of your poduct first, and only than focus on the tweeking an features
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes I agree with above, you should be prioritising bigger issues in your patches.

    AFK = huge issue.
    Progression = huge issue (we get that this one might take longer however).
    Huge lag over last week or so = huge issue.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    "(especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)"
    I made some research. It could be that the huge credit gain was because I leveled up. Correction here.
  • Dash
    11525 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Outstanding issues will be solved over time, which happens in stages (patches). This means that not everything the community has called out for will be visible in a single patch.

    We've got more coming, so stay tuned.

    Ah really? Reading your patch notes, I only see fixes for some animations, and door opening issues and map "tweeks" and how many battlepoints you get for several actions.
    These are ALL non technical and NON GAME BREAKING issues which could have been fixed in a later patch!

    "Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles."
    "Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains"

    You think these are prio 1 issues which had to be solved in the 1st line?
    I think not beeing able to play the game because DCs and forced restarts and laggs is much more important than tweeking the score or battlepoint you get after some actions!!!!

    (especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)

    This is the problem. Literally 2 days ago I made a Massive post about Not biting the heads off people when they speak, and Not biting the heads off people when they announce or implement patches. He just came in and acknowledged something, First little patch of many to come was added. He just wrote that. He didn't have to even type a thing in here. Yet here we are, Still people complaining. You're either patient or not. Things are getting done. Things are in transition. Changes are coming. Game play mechanic adjustments, Match Making Adjustments, Credit Earnings, Not too far off Customization, First month Event with New DLC in Choose Your side Season.

    Patience Is Key.

    And before Anyone says "Oh he probably doesn't play enough to see the problems", I have logged in for more than 155 hours. I've seen it, I've experienced it, It bothered me too, I'm not biting off anyone's head for it. No launch is perfect, Especially with how this was started. Give it time.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nihil wrote: »
    "(especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)"
    I made some research. It could be that the huge credit gain was because I leveled up. Correction here.

    You sure that was not because you level'd up? you always get credits for leveling up it just that they show up now in post match.

    EDIT: i see you noticed this.
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nihil wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Outstanding issues will be solved over time, which happens in stages (patches). This means that not everything the community has called out for will be visible in a single patch.

    We've got more coming, so stay tuned.

    Ah really? Reading your patch notes, I only see fixes for some animations, and door opening issues and map "tweeks" and how many battlepoints you get for several actions.
    These are ALL non technical and NON GAME BREAKING issues which could have been fixed in a later patch!

    "Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles."
    "Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains"

    You think these are prio 1 issues which had to be solved in the 1st line?
    I think not beeing able to play the game because DCs and forced restarts and laggs is much more important than tweeking the score or battlepoint you get after some actions!!!!

    (especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)

    This is the problem. Literally 2 days ago I made a Massive post about Not biting the heads off people when they speak, and Not biting the heads off people when they announce or implement patches. He just came in and acknowledged something, First little patch of many to come was added. He just wrote that. He didn't have to even type a thing in here. Yet here we are, Still people complaining. You're either patient or not. Things are getting done. Things are in transition. Changes are coming. Game play mechanic adjustments, Match Making Adjustments, Credit Earnings, Not too far off Customization, First month Event with New DLC in Choose Your side Season.

    Patience Is Key.

    And before Anyone says "Oh he probably doesn't play enough to see the problems", I have logged in for more than 155 hours. I've seen it, I've experienced it, It bothered me too, I'm not biting off anyone's head for it. No launch is perfect, Especially with how this was started. Give it time.

    No offence but I am sure Tom can handle it without someone bursting in to protect him every post. Its not like its personal or anything.
  • Dash
    11525 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Outstanding issues will be solved over time, which happens in stages (patches). This means that not everything the community has called out for will be visible in a single patch.

    We've got more coming, so stay tuned.

    Ah really? Reading your patch notes, I only see fixes for some animations, and door opening issues and map "tweeks" and how many battlepoints you get for several actions.
    These are ALL non technical and NON GAME BREAKING issues which could have been fixed in a later patch!

    "Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles."
    "Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles."
    "Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains"

    You think these are prio 1 issues which had to be solved in the 1st line?
    I think not beeing able to play the game because DCs and forced restarts and laggs is much more important than tweeking the score or battlepoint you get after some actions!!!!

    (especially since the patch, Heroes and Villains huge score gain remained the same. But now...because of the huge score, you get also a huge credit reward. Which will cause what? People playing HvV game mode only just to farm credits as long it is possible po get 2000+ credits in less than 5 minutes. Yes, my last HvV game lasted for about 5 min. and got 2300 credit for it!)

    This is the problem. Literally 2 days ago I made a Massive post about Not biting the heads off people when they speak, and Not biting the heads off people when they announce or implement patches. He just came in and acknowledged something, First little patch of many to come was added. He just wrote that. He didn't have to even type a thing in here. Yet here we are, Still people complaining. You're either patient or not. Things are getting done. Things are in transition. Changes are coming. Game play mechanic adjustments, Match Making Adjustments, Credit Earnings, Not too far off Customization, First month Event with New DLC in Choose Your side Season.

    Patience Is Key.

    And before Anyone says "Oh he probably doesn't play enough to see the problems", I have logged in for more than 155 hours. I've seen it, I've experienced it, It bothered me too, I'm not biting off anyone's head for it. No launch is perfect, Especially with how this was started. Give it time.

    No offence but I am sure Tom can handle it without someone bursting in to protect him every post. Its not like its personal or anything.

    There's a difference in "protecting" and making a point with what's right there in black in white for all of us to see. It's right there. Read. it is the problem. And i'm not wrong about it either. And of course it's not personal. We're all just voices here. That's it, Voices.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • They did the same in the last game. Fixing the easy issues first, dealing with the hardest ones later (if ever).
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

  • This is the problem. Literally 2 days ago I made a Massive post about Not biting the heads off people when they speak, and Not biting the heads off people when they announce or implement patches. He just came in and acknowledged something, First little patch of many to come was added. He just wrote that. He didn't have to even type a thing in here. Yet here we are, Still people complaining. You're either patient or not. Things are getting done. Things are in transition. Changes are coming. Game play mechanic adjustments, Match Making Adjustments, Credit Earnings, Not too far off Customization, First month Event with New DLC in Choose Your side Season.

    Patience Is Key.

    And before Anyone says "Oh he probably doesn't play enough to see the problems", I have logged in for more than 155 hours. I've seen it, I've experienced it, It bothered me too, I'm not biting off anyone's head for it. No launch is perfect, Especially with how this was started. Give it time.

    That's nice and good, but I didn't made my post because I'm not intelligent enough to know for myself what Tom has "acknowledged" here or because I don't know that every issue will be adressed with time or that they don't work on the issues.
    That's obviouse even without the information from Tom.

    I made my post to give a voice to my dissatisfaction how EA and/or DICE are handeling and prioritising the issue. And I'm sure, I'm not aloni with my dissatisfaction.

    And I refuse to acknowledge more patience, since EA refused to have patience as well in this game and also in the past game with their rushed release. So I think we are equal.
    No offence but I am sure Tom can handle it without someone bursting in to protect him every post. Its not like its personal or anything.

    THIS! Thank you! :)
  • Dash
    11525 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »

    This is the problem. Literally 2 days ago I made a Massive post about Not biting the heads off people when they speak, and Not biting the heads off people when they announce or implement patches. He just came in and acknowledged something, First little patch of many to come was added. He just wrote that. He didn't have to even type a thing in here. Yet here we are, Still people complaining. You're either patient or not. Things are getting done. Things are in transition. Changes are coming. Game play mechanic adjustments, Match Making Adjustments, Credit Earnings, Not too far off Customization, First month Event with New DLC in Choose Your side Season.

    Patience Is Key.

    And before Anyone says "Oh he probably doesn't play enough to see the problems", I have logged in for more than 155 hours. I've seen it, I've experienced it, It bothered me too, I'm not biting off anyone's head for it. No launch is perfect, Especially with how this was started. Give it time.

    That's nice and good, but I didn't made my post because I'm not intelligent enough to know for myself what Tom has "acknowledged" here or because I don't know that every issue will be adressed with time or that they don't work on the issues.
    That's obviouse even without the information from Tom.

    I made my post to give a voice to my dissatisfaction how EA and/or DICE are handeling and prioritising the issue. And I'm sure, I'm not aloni with my dissatisfaction.

    And I refuse to acknowledge more patience, since EA refused to have patience as well in this game and also in the past game with their rushed release. So I think we are equal.
    No offence but I am sure Tom can handle it without someone bursting in to protect him every post. Its not like its personal or anything.

    THIS! Thank you! :)

    The thing is I do understand you. You're not understanding me. I read what you wrote. Your entire reasoning was accurate and factual. You feel like these fixes shouldn't have been prioritized. I agree with you too. It was right, your execution was not. The message means nothing without proper delivery. You start off sarcastically with a rhetorical question, you mid point are asking more sarcastic rhetorical questions, you finish off by playfully making fun of the architect of the team itself who is doing what he's doing based on their schedule given to him in the order of patches and what comes first and so on and so forth. Did I dissect it enough? I did read what you wrote. I just choose not to ignore your undertone like you pretend to not have there in your statement.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited November 2017

    The thing is I do understand you. You're not understanding me. I read what you wrote. Your entire reasoning was accurate and factual. You feel like these fixes shouldn't have been prioritized. I agree with you too. It was right, your execution was not. The message means nothing without proper delivery. You start off sarcastically with a rhetorical question, you mid point are asking more sarcastic rhetorical questions, you finish off by playfully making fun of the architect of the team itself who is doing what he's doing based on their schedule given to him in the order of patches and what comes first and so on and so forth. Did I dissect it enough? I did read what you wrote. I just choose not to ignore your undertone like you pretend to not have there in your statement.

    This is something where we are not on a same oppinion.
    The whole scandal around EA, BAttlefront and the Microtransaction got that far and could force EA to react because of a harsh and very hard art of delivery of the message. Not because of nice words and well selected rethorical expressions. No! Because of the rude and impulsive feedback the gamers threw onto EA.

    I wasn't making fun about the architect of the team. I was openly and obviously questioning the capabilities of the person who ever is in this role (although I know, that's not only his/her responsibility alone)
    I understand your point and that you try to create some kind of zen aura here on the forum, but the community managers here are doing their job. And their job is to extract the purely usefull information from the raw data (which are us) and ignore how and in which way it was delivered. But giving a small push with emotional imput won't hurt anybody. And their small souls won't be harmed either. :D

    But I think we can close this part of the discussion here, because it has nothing to do with the post itself.
    Means: The patch and hotfixes.
Sign In or Register to comment.