criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Attackers gain too many reinforcements

Now I know quite a lot of you are glad about this change, but I'm not. I'm just here to give my reasons as to why 50 reinforcements is too much.

1. With how difficult it can be to take down MTTs and ATATs, attackers have almost a 100% chance to start phase 2 with 100 reinforcements. Now if you're playing with a good team, you can take those numbers down, but most games I've been in, we've hardly put a dent in them.

2. You need to take out AT LEAST 51 attackers to keep them from having full reinforcements again. This is doable for sure, but almost no matter what, the attackers will get back way too big a chunk of respawns.

Actually, I guess thats kinda it, but it seems like a fairly big problem to me. So how would I have changed it? Either 40 tickets per objective, OR give back more each phase. Example being Phase 1, you regain 30 troops, Phase 2 40 troops, Phase 3 50 troops. Because currently, your team can throw troops away, ans you'll still be able to regain full strength. Just my thoughts

Replies

• This was just a thought but instead of increasing the tickets they got per phase (Which was nice) how about if you take out one MTT they only got back 25 instead of 50 (This is more toward Kashyyyk or Hoth). Or how about this instead of that make it so both sides have tickets. Attackers still have 100....Defenders 150. It would then prevent one side just throwing bodies at the objective. Tickets are regained after each phase for both sides. Just a thought....but as of now attackers can finally do something on some maps. (Looking at you Endor and Yavin 4 with three objectives at the beginning.)
  • Rivaderchi wrote: »
    This was just a thought but instead of increasing the tickets they got per phase (Which was nice) how about if you take out one MTT they only got back 25 instead of 50 (This is more toward Kashyyyk or Hoth). Or how about this instead of that make it so both sides have tickets. Attackers still have 100....Defenders 150. It would then prevent one side just throwing bodies at the objective. Tickets are regained after each phase for both sides. Just a thought....but as of now attackers can finally do something on some maps. (Looking at you Endor and Yavin 4 with three objectives at the beginning.)

Personally, I haven't had much trouble on Yavin or Endor, I've had more problems with Takodana. I do like the thought of defenders also having limited tickets. It would force both teams to focus on playing tactically, and not just swarming the enemy. I think the only problem with that would be on maps with MTTs, and ATATs. Now sure, you wouldn't lose 150 tickets (at least, I hope not), but you would likely lose far less than the enemy
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Rivaderchi wrote: »
    This was just a thought but instead of increasing the tickets they got per phase (Which was nice) how about if you take out one MTT they only got back 25 instead of 50 (This is more toward Kashyyyk or Hoth). Or how about this instead of that make it so both sides have tickets. Attackers still have 100....Defenders 150. It would then prevent one side just throwing bodies at the objective. Tickets are regained after each phase for both sides. Just a thought....but as of now attackers can finally do something on some maps. (Looking at you Endor and Yavin 4 with three objectives at the beginning.)

Personally, I haven't had much trouble on Yavin or Endor, I've had more problems with Takodana. I do like the thought of defenders also having limited tickets. It would force both teams to focus on playing tactically, and not just swarming the enemy. I think the only problem with that would be on maps with MTTs, and ATATs. Now sure, you wouldn't lose 150 tickets (at least, I hope not), but you would likely lose far less than the enemy

Yeah on those objectives they might need a different approach for tickets. I haven't thought that part out very much but something could fall along the lines of the more times you actually hit the MTT or ATAT the higher your ticket counter would be but if you don't hit it at all you will have 100 tickets just like they will likely have 100 tickets. That way on phase two its pretty balanced that you both have 100 tickets. Yet again other ideas could be added around those objectives. As for Maz's place I actually have won there more as attackers than Yavin....Endor I have won a bigger % on it but I also sadly haven't played it much.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm glad i can finally at least win a match as imperials attacking. I have found it takes more coordination as defense no then to just go for blind kills which was the problem before where they knew "we don;'t have to wait, we have infinite lives, lets just run to their spawn and kill their ticket count" now with spawn changes for D and more tickets for offense, you need to actually do your job at holding the objective and not running to O spawn.

I actually won my D matches because we played the objective and not focused on kills.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I'm glad i can finally at least win a match as imperials attacking. I have found it takes more coordination as defense no then to just go for blind kills which was the problem before where they knew "we don;'t have to wait, we have infinite lives, lets just run to their spawn and kill their ticket count" now with spawn changes for D and more tickets for offense, you need to actually do your job at holding the objective and not running to O spawn.

I actually won my D matches because we played the objective and not focused on kills.

I haven't really had any spawn killing problems in the game. And with the increased tickets, it feels like attackers will almost always win. At least, that's been my experience so far.
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

I haven't really had any spawn killing problems in the game. And with the increased tickets, it feels like attackers will almost always win. At least, that's been my experience so far.

It wasn't real;ly spawn killing but maps like Tatooine the rebels would, at phase 1, run past the objective and be in the corridor of buildings around every corner between phase 1 objectives and imperial spawn and it made it so difficult that imperials almost always lost. I actually won my first match on hoth and takadona. I just have Yavin left. I could never win on these matches as O because, especially Takadona, the rebels got there first every time for holding ground and *cough* "give up Anny, i have the high ground" pretty much
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

It wasn't real;ly spawn killing but maps like Tatooine the rebels would, at phase 1, run past the objective and be in the corridor of buildings around every corner between phase 1 objectives and imperial spawn and it made it so difficult that imperials almost always lost. I actually won my first match on hoth and takadona. I just have Yavin left. I could never win on these matches as O because, especially Takadona, the rebels got there first every time for holding ground and *cough* "give up Anny, i have the high ground" pretty much

Ohhhhhhhhh, I getcha now. Ya, that was pretty annoying. I still think that 50 reinforcements is a bit too much. But, I will say that if your team finishes a phase on overtime, then you definitely deserve those 50 tickets
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhhh, I getcha now. Ya, that was pretty annoying. I still think that 50 reinforcements is a bit too much. But, I will say that if your team finishes a phase on overtime, then you definitely deserve those 50 tickets

it's the ultimate clutch. I think maybe 40 for winning phase +2 for every person they kill that doesn't fall back to next phase but if the O team wins in over time they get a 50. I have had situations where it was overtime for almost a good 5 min.
  • ... until the lag goes GA ( PS4 Europe ) is just a wishful thought at the moment :-(
  • ... until the lag goes GA ( PS4 Europe ) is just a wishful thought at the moment :-(

the rubber-band lag is the hard part. i nearly could of stopped the guy arming the final objective and every time i saw him i ran up, tried to shoot and it rubber-band me back around the corner 4 times and we lost in overtime. that was infuriating. I wish I had recorded that. I could of saved the day, but nope I got slingshot back every time.
  • bfloo
    16071 posts Member
    They offset this change by taking out overtime.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
  • Hey there and thanks for the feedback. We will look at the data and see how this change has affected the win/loss and how far people generally get in each map. I am personally very interested in seeing how Endor is now (my map) I think it might be quite easy to attack now. However I think overall this is a good change since before defending was very hard across all maps almost.
  • +10 additional tickets per objective point would be great to fix "instant overtime fail on securing only one hot point of two or three"
  • Hey there and thanks for the feedback. We will look at the data and see how this change has affected the win/loss and how far people generally get in each map. I am personally very interested in seeing how Endor is now (my map) I think it might be quite easy to attack now. However I think overall this is a good change since before defending was very hard across all maps almost.

Oh my god, a Dice employee responded to me :open_mouth: I personally have never had much trouble on Endor. The first phase seems to be the hardest, but even then I've always had about 80% of my matches there get past it. I also love how its one of the more unique setups, where a transport vehicle comes into play during phase 2, instead of phase 1. Plenty of the community is happy with the change of tickets, but I still feel its a bit too much.