criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Boba Fett cancer

So I'm interested in you oppinion guys but after I got the patience to wait trough the endless queue times in Heroes and Villains, and played a bunch of games, I have to say:

- Games which have Boba Fett as a Villain are very frustrating and not fun
- His Jetpack needs a nerf because he can almost be constantly in the air.
- His Jetpack needs a nerf because if he is the target, there is almost on every map a point where he can get atop and just camp there until the target marker wears off of him
- His starcards can be combod to oneshot even a whole group of heroes. (Maxing out the number of rockets in rocket barrrage + maxing out the damage done AGAINS HEROES makes him unstopable even in the hands of a noob.

I enjoyed every game where the dark side had no Boba Fett player even if we were steamrolled by them.
But I hated every match where there was one.

I think they need to rework him in a later patch when they already fixed the technical and more important issues.

Replies

• ha weak. give it a rest I love me some flying kills hahaha auit tryi g ro be a Jedi and shoot him out the air. boom problem solved
  • Inappropriate headline language OP - that's my opinion.
  • Rey mind trick on Boba > Problem solved.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    Inappropriate headline language OP - that's my opinion.

Which word is for you inappropriate? Boba or Fett? Yes Fett means bulcky in german but here...it is a name ;)
    Rey mind trick on Boba > Problem solved.

Mindtrick on a flying Boba? I would be very interested how you are managing this :D Good luck flying up to him and press the button. I will spoil it....won't work.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »

Which word is for you inappropriate? Boba or Fett? Yes Fett means bulcky in german but here...it is a name ;)

Mindtrick on a flying Boba? I would be very interested how you are managing this :D Good luck flying up to him and press the button. I will spoil it....won't work.

If you can get close enough, and aim up at him it works. Unfortunately, the better Boba's tend to understand how to use the map to their advantage and are hard to catch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ThugMonkey10
    373 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Wow this kid thinks he can teach me how to Rey.
    Of course you don't, you need to time your Mind trick...
    None has infinite jetpack, just use it at the right moment he is falling down.. you want a video ? I can show you if you want.
  • I got Boba several times with Lando, especially with the shock ability (forgot its name), I think you can counter him well with Lando.
  • I think this is a symptom of the surprisingly poor map design in this game more than Boba Fett.
  • Chewy knocks him out of the air with his bowcaster. Problem solved.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    GeneralHux wrote: »
    I think this is a symptom of the surprisingly poor map design in this game more than Boba Fett.

Exactly. Also on Yavin 4 there was a Boba player abusing this poor map design. When he got the target on his head, he flew up on the top of the left pillar at the AA gun in the center of the map. Nobody could get up to him and he was also out of sight. And just waited there afk until his team could finally get the kill on our target.
  • Here man, check a bit if you have time:
    How to own boba with rey
    How to own boba with rey

Yeah but here he was on the same level in elevation as Rey. Which should never happen with Boba.....and I never saw any Boba player who got flanked by Rey.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Here man, check a bit if you have time:
    How to own boba with rey

Yeah but here he was on the same level in elevation as Rey. Which should never happen with Boba.....and I never saw any Boba player who got flanked by Rey.

I flank Boba all the time with saber heroes in HvV. It is easy without the dot on the mini map.

The goal is to keep him moving so he eventually needs to land.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    How to own boba with rey

I flank Boba all the time with saber heroes in HvV. It is easy without the dot on the mini map.

The goal is to keep him moving so he eventually needs to land.

exactly, keep him moving so he lands, that's what I do in the video
  • Rey mind trick on Boba > Problem solved.

Dude, so much this. Rey completely destroys me when her driver is smart enough to use mind trick.
    giphy.gif
  • I removed some language insults in here. Lets try to avoid that and keep it out of this thread shall we?

Also, since this forums are English only lets also post in English only for now too as well, okay? And if you post in another language for the sole purpose to insult others thinking we wont spot that, you will get some time away from the forums next time.

Carry on with the thread topic discussion now!
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • I removed some language insults in here. Lets try to avoid that and keep it out of this thread shall we?

Also, since this forums are English only lets also post in English only for now too as well, okay? And if you post in another language for the sole purpose to insult others thinking we wont spot that, you will get some time away from the forums next time.

Thank you dear sir. :)
  • Nihil wrote: »
    I removed some language insults in here. Lets try to avoid that and keep it out of this thread shall we?

Did you apologise yet for using the C word?
  • Nihil wrote: »
    I removed some language insults in here. Lets try to avoid that and keep it out of this thread shall we?

Did you apologise yet for using the C word?

Why? "cancer" is not swearing. As it seems also in the eye of the mods. Your offensive comment was removed :D
  • The problem with Boba is not his jet pack at all. It's - He is a one trick pony. Once you have his two rocket star cards 20 extra damage vs heroes and 5? extra rockets that shoot faster,, he melts anyone he faces. Those two cards need a nerf.

Best HvV setups, those two cards and slower burn = no skill = fly around until rockets are up, = melts a clumped up group of heroes.

Sure he's weak if you catch him, but you have to catch him. Any ranged hero can take him out pretty fast.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    The problem with Boba is not his jet pack at all. It's - He is a one trick pony. Once you have his two rocket star cards 20 extra damage vs heroes and 5? extra rockets that shoot faster,, he melts anyone he faces. Those two cards need a nerf.

Best HvV setups, those two cards and slower burn = no skill = fly around until rockets are up, = melts a clumped up group of heroes.

Sure he's weak if you catch him, but you have to catch him. Any ranged hero can take him out pretty fast.

How fast he melts is his balance.

As long as you are aware of your surroundings you can use the map to counter Boba.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    The problem with Boba is not his jet pack at all. It's - He is a one trick pony. Once you have his two rocket star cards 20 extra damage vs heroes and 5? extra rockets that shoot faster,, he melts anyone he faces. Those two cards need a nerf.

How fast he melts is his balance.

As long as you are aware of your surroundings you can use the map to counter Boba.

His rockets are op with two epic star cards - no one will ever tell me otherwise. I stopped using Boba because how cheep they are. They are not balanced.

"I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
    How to own boba with rey

Yeah that Boba sucks. Any half decent Boba and this rey is dead. I'm sorry, but Boba and his epic rocket cards are way too op right now. No need to be one shotting heroes in HvV.
  • Farengar wrote: »
    How to own boba with rey

Yeah that Boba sucks. Any half decent Boba and this rey is dead. I'm sorry, but Boba and his epic rocket cards are way too op right now. No need to be one shotting heroes in HvV.

dash twice and you avoid 90% of noobs, a skilled boba will hit you even if you dodge tho while shooting the rockets.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    Farengar wrote: »
    How to own boba with rey

dash twice and you avoid 90% of noobs, a skilled boba will hit you even if you dodge tho while shooting the rockets.

Never met a Boba player who missed his rocket barrage. Not that difficult to hit with them,. If a Boba misses his rockets, it's a totally Taigetos positive player
  • Either way a decent boba takes ages to kill as a target, if his allies cannot kill the opposition target in that time then they are so bad you will lose the game anyway.
  • Talyn856 wrote: »

Dude, so much this. Rey completely destroys me when her driver is smart enough to use mind trick.

Yeah I learned this the hard way lol on GA when she tricked me and I died before I knew what was going on.

• Boba Fett's jetpack doesn't need to be changed. The only thing that needs to be changed are certain parts of the maps themselves where neither player nor blaster fire can reach.

His rockets and jetpack are still basically his only good abilities. Concussion missile is meh, and he has by far the weakest hero blaster in the game, weaker than some infantry rifles. That being said, pretty much any of the ranged heroes can beat him in a straight up fire fight. If you dodge even half the rockets then the ability does only a decent amount of damage. It's only a near instant kill if he's fully upgraded and hits you with all of them. When teams all get in one spot and don't move out of the way of the rockets, that's their fault. Most of the time people just pick the saber users, get in a saber fight and ignore Boba Fett as he rains down on them. If you are paying attention and see them coming, use a dash move immediately if you have one. Also just jumping distances in the air will allow you to evade a few of them if you are a Jedi. When his rockets are on CD all you have to do is hold down block and you're safe from all damage from him.

Finally Han Solo's air burst card upgraded is practically made for Fett killing. It will take a nice big chunk of his health along with leaving him knocked down. It's very possible to get in those last needed couple of shots before he even stands up again. Leia's alt fire can also help get the job done.
  • I Cannot believe Boba Fett is consider a real threat. However, some strategy is required with him; I literally destroy Boba Fett as Chewbie 9 out of 10. Only in cases when you face a highly coordinated party is hard to shot him down because Maul and Kylo will destroy Chewbie while I am shooting Boba Fett. Normally, I only need 3 or 4 shots to kill him from a long distance. If he has a line of sight to shot his rockets he can be shot down, plain and simple. A skilled Ranked Han Solo or Lando can be lethal for him too, no matter how much he hides; In fact, when I play with my party team mates, we choose Han Solo, Chewbie, Rey and Yoda and between Han and Chewbie we purposely target Boba Fett as a priority because if he goes loose in a close match he can make a difference, We shot Boba fett so many times, systematically that several times the Boba Fett player leaves the match before even ending it. You need to adapt and practice, no need to nerf anything in BFII. Just my 2 cents here.
  • boba's fine L2P.