criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The minimap is still no good.

I really thought they would fix this. The BF1 minimap gave a good idea of where the action was at. Now who knows? I can easily find a hero or firefight, but a few guys running up on me? Could be anywhere!

Is there something I can gamble on to fix this? Should I be saving up credits to use in the sLoots for a card that shows runnersor danger zones or anything?

Stealth was possible and necessary in the first game. Walk, crouch, didn't show up. Firing and running did unless you had a stealth boosting card or trait or whatever. That's how it should work. Would also help when you get lost on these ridiculously amazing maps.

The beautiful maps are the main reason to play.

Replies

• Hmm ? nobody shows up on Radar running , only people shooting, been this way always ?
  • As far as I know. But in first game running set it off and it would even get brighter the more imminent or numerous the threat.
  • Yup minimap still sucks.
  • The first thing I noticed about BF2 compared to BF1 was just how sucky the radar was. It's useless.
  • I really thought they would fix this. The BF1 minimap gave a good idea of where the action was at. Now who knows? I can easily find a hero or firefight, but a few guys running up on me? Could be anywhere!

Is there something I can gamble on to fix this? Should I be saving up credits to use in the sLoots for a card that shows runnersor danger zones or anything?

Stealth was possible and necessary in the first game. Walk, crouch, didn't show up. Firing and running did unless you had a stealth boosting card or trait or whatever. That's how it should work. Would also help when you get lost on these ridiculously amazing maps.

The beautiful maps are the main reason to play.

This is the problem why i cant complete one of my challenges, the enemy can see me as Luke so they won't ever push up. they just spam needs and hope eventually ill be dumb enough to just walk up to it and get killed by all of them. i held objectives, without killing anyone, because the entire enemy team was too scared to rush me and cluster up so i could get my 5 in 1 force push

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/87222/future-milestone-challenges-please-have-a-separate-choice#latest

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/86740/everyone-needs-a-push-challenge-what-mode-to-unlock#latest
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    Nah, minimap is good.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    Nah, minimap is good.

No, it objectively isn't.

1. It sometimes doesn't register players that you know are there and can visibly see them running and firing their weapons.
    2. It gives much less idea of distance than the previous game's version. You think there's someone there, you go after them... and there's nobody.
  • bfloo
    16200 posts Member
    gzcnr wrote: »
    Nah, minimap is good.

1. It sometimes doesn't register players that you know are there and can visibly see them running and firing their weapons.
    2. It gives much less idea of distance than the previous game's version. You think there's someone there, you go after them... and there's nobody.

for 1, they might be using the stealth card.

2, I'm used to the minimap being mostly worthless from Battlefield1, and it has made my situational awareness better.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Mini map is loads better now. Can actually flank.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    gzcnr wrote: »
    Nah, minimap is good.

for 1, they might be using the stealth card.

2, I'm used to the minimap being mostly worthless from Battlefield1, and it has made my situational awareness better.

No, it's people who don't have the stealth card. It shows you their hand when they kill you.
  • Mini map is loads better now. Can actually flank.
    I’ve noticed it’s better now but it still seems much worse than BF2015. I used the map extensively in that game, often walking to avoid detection. I’ve gone entire rounds in BF2 barely glancing at the map because I can’t rely on it at all.

• I wish the radar had an option to put a black background behind It. There’s a lot of background in the game that washes it out and it’s hard to read Same for the crappy reticule colors.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • I wish the radar had an option to put a black background behind It. There’s a lot of background in the game that washes it out and it’s hard to read Same for the **** reticule colors.
    I switched to a blue reticle because white is unusable on maps like Kamino.

It’s better but still not very good.

• Yeah I keep switching too but I still hate it.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Yeah I keep switching too but I still hate it.
    I remember the first time I chose Han on Kamino. He has a lone dot as a reticle.

Pretty sure I didn’t hit a damned thing. Great use of a hero spawn for sure.