criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Matchmaking, what matchmaking?

mundox
39 posts Member
edited December 2017
tv4xk3buausy.png

There is something very wrong with this image, try and find it... glad to see it was a fair game brought to you by working matchmaking.

Also, afk farming fix, when?
May the pork be with you

Replies

• yah its been very discouraging- i think this is what EA/DICE were trying to avoid by letting players buy star cards boxes.

this is just way off MM. I quit the last battlefront due to hackers & bad matches.

Hoping they bring more to Arcade mode so i can have this game offline.

• This is basically the exact result in the end of EVERY match I've played. Totally on point, mister. Thank you - and one question, did that game end in 5 minutes? I don't think it can last more than 6-7 minutes to be honest. Why? - awesome matchmaking!
  • Yesterday was bad, uneven teams were face rolling each others over and over. It must be embarassing. After every patch the game became worse...
  • i am taking a brake from GA just of the bad matchmaking and nearly always the extreme bad balance.
    the thing is that EA or DICE haven't given any real serious comment on the problem.
    And for that other thing the anti cheat system i wold like to hear about that to, but noooo f??? you customer.
  • That screenshot actually looks better than some of the matchmaking that I have seen. I last played a Blast round that was like 11 to 6 or something, and I was on the team of 6. Totally unbalanced.
  • Yeah the matchmaking sucks *****...
    Ive got matched with a kid today is Star Fighter Assault that had almost only Blue Cards for his vehicles... totally fun to play against.../not
  • Yeah the matchmaking sucks ****...
    Ive got matched with a kid today is Star Fighter Assault that had almost only Blue Cards for his vehicles... totally fun to play against.../not

My interceptor is full of blue cards..its not that long when you focus on one thing to upgrade!
  • It's becoming a little hard to enjoy the game, honestly. All night have been these 1 sided battles by a massive margin and ive been on both sides of it.

And the teams dont shuffle when the next map comes. At all. I find it hard to believe these are all parties.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • EON
    31 posts Member
    I BELIEVE THERE IS A MATCHMAKING.

Just went through the same. Happens very often. So i just quit the game.

And yes i believe theres is a matcmaking.

Because frankly there is no chance in life u get all the best in one team and all the rookies in another.

So, something is wrong there lol.

By the way it s difficult to understand how this game can cumulate soooo many flaws. So many! I try to like it, but it is very poorly done. Dice cant make so many mistakes with all experience they have. I feel like the game has been rushed. All they cared about was their **** microtransaction system.
  • There is no matchmaking.

My BF and i just had a GA where 13 of 20 people on our side had 0/zero kills, and the enemy team's lowest kill rate was 7.

Matchmaking in this game does not exist in any competitive -team balancing- way.

Knowledge protects.
    Ignorance endangers.
  • I just finished playing five matches in strike where the opposite team just slaughters my team so I decided to play galactic assault and it was four rounds of the same crap it's happened to me the last four days and it's getting old quick
  • They really need to shuffle the teams between rounds on the same map.

If the Imperials storm Yavin in four minutes and win the round in GA, what do we expect to happen when they get to play Rebels the following round?

Most of the time, I’m fine with the matchmaking system. But 20% of the time, it’s an *****-kicking. And then you get to repeat the same *****-kicking from the other side of the map.

My interceptor is full of blue cards..its not that long when you focus on one thing to upgrade!

So? I dont care. The game simply should search for folks with almost the same amount of cards..
  • Jim7998
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes they don't seem to have got it right yet. Shouldn't just be based on the amount of cards either the should factor in average points scored and eliminations per match.

I think it's currently geared to fill lobbies ahead of creating balanced games. Personally I'd be happy to wait one more minute to get better balance.

So? I dont care. The game simply should search for folks with almost the same amount of cards..

I think you're right. When im playing Starfighter , im always into a team with no card at all or white cards. Im the only one with blue cards. But you know, im not invincible. Im dying a lot :P
  • Chromius
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    As was said shuffling the teams between matches would fix this.

What is happening is people get on a good winning team and do not leave the game, after a few matches of losses the losing team keeps getting people quitting and new players coming in. No one stays on the losing teams hence the winning teams get STACKED after a few matches. Since it does not shuffle teams.

It is really bad at non prime time hours like early AM, you can easily join 10 mid game badly losing teams in a row.
  • This is really why they need a robust PvE mode (Arcade). Needs to have all modes and bots, just to give people a way to enjoy the game at a basic level without having to just run the campaign again. Which is honestly appealing to me right now, because the multiplayer just isn't fun...