criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Space above Endor needs to be removed altogether

This map is the literal definition of an effort in futility. The Empire does not have the lives nor the lives gained to make it to even the 2nd phase on more than one occasion. Just the sheer amount of objectives each phase makes any reasonable clear time unobtainable unless the Rebels either have barely a handful of ships or no hands. And even then they'd probably win more often than not.

Replies

• I've seen the Empire win this match once before. Unfortunately I was playing as the Rebels at the time.
  • Remove my favourite Imperial map? :-(

Remember - the Empire is desperate! We've just lost major assets and our Emperor. We need to take out those objectives, even if it costs our lives. Go for it, don't waste time on pesky rebels, and pave the way for our might to bring us ultimate victory. Remember the martyrs of the imperial cause, and abandon all caution. To death and glory!

Um, what I mean is.. It's more difficult than some other attack maps, agreed, but it's very possible to pull through. Teamwork and objectives are the keys. So is flying skills - there's plenty to look out for. And don't fear losing your ship; there's enough tickets to take out the objectives, as long as you deal - some - damage to them before dying. Whatever you do, don't go scorehoarding. Kills are almost useless. You can top of the scores list, and contribute nothing at all to victory. The only kills which matters are those taking out threats to your bombers. You'll likely get victory by a hair's width, but you'll get there. That makes this map the one where, for me, victory feels best, like an achievement, small as it might be.

If only people would protect the bombers, and do objectives, there wouldn't be so many complaints about "impossible" maps.
  • Oh, I focus the objectives every time, even as the heroes. But there's just too much health to burn through total and not enough lives to just blow away going in a straight line at the objective every single time. Not to mention my team that might as well be easy bots with how badly they perform.
  • This was my least favorite map initially, and it felt like a virtually guaranteed win for the Rebels/defense. However, lately it has been playing a lot more balanced. I'm not sure if they tweaked anything, like the ticket counter for the offense, but it now actually feels more or less fair and is a lot of fun.

Still the hardest map to draw on offense, for sure.
  • MovieFan555
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @Darth_Cerebus , is there a particular stage you find your team losing at consistently? You describe it like it's the Corvettes, though I'm not sure if that's literal or how it feels from the frustration.

It used to always be the 'mines' stage for me -- in part because I'm usually an objectives player (I suck at dogfights) and I was terrible at getting the mines. Someone presented a clutch tip to come at them from the back (Rebels) side to get way clearer shots at the mines.

Ever since using that tip, it feels like the success rate on offense has gone way up. Still probably defense-favored, but now actually a fun uphill battle for the Imperials.
  • I love that map and have won as Imps just a small many times as Rebels. I have had difficulty winning as the Resistance in Unknown Regions Space Battle. SA has been my favorite thing about the game, personally and the DS2 map might be my favorite. Everyone is different
  • MovieFan555
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @Darth_Cerebus , is there a particular stage that you find your team losing at consistently? You describe it like it's the Corvettes, though I don't know if that's literal or how it feels from the frustration.

It used to always be the 'mines' section for me, in part because I'm mostly an objectives-type player but was terrible at getting the mines. (Just gave away free deaths while dealing no damage.) Someone presented a clutch tip to come at them from the back (Rebels) side to get way clearer shots at the mines.

Ever since then, I've noticed a much higher success rate on offense. Still probably less than 50/50 (I still view it as a defense-friendly map), but it's now actually a fun uphill battle for the Imperials.
  • MovieFan555
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I love that map and have won as Imps just a small many times as Rebels. I have had difficulty winning as the Resistance in Unknown Regions Space Battle. SA has been my favorite thing about the game, personally and the DS2 map might be my favorite. Everyone is different

@CurbUrSkyrImC4 A-wing is key for winning that map! Suddenly becomes pretty easy to get in there and shoot the turret generators.

Fly at lowest speed and you can literally do circles going in/out of the star destroyer shooting. TIEs rarely chase in there after you.
  • They just need to have a Team Deathmatch version of starfighter assault. Yeah, objectives are fine, but when you either play the objective or go for kills, it really makes the game really meh in comparison to some other modes.
  • @MovieFan555

Thanks for the tip!
    They just need to have a Team Deathmatch version of starfighter assault. Yeah, objectives are fine, but when you either play the objective or go for kills, it really makes the game really meh in comparison to some other modes.

I'd be fine with this, but I enjoy the objectives in SA more than any other mode in this game. I enjoy GA fairly enough and sadly haven't enjoyed Strike very much, but I mostly miss Tug of War objective modes from BF2015 like Suprwmacy and Cargo where the objective for each team is the same and it has a fun sway to it. I easily get tired of only Attack or Defend as a ground trooper, but for some reason I love it in SA. It just feels like it fits best there to me. Personal opinion.

• Well obviously keep the objective mode for there, but add in a deathmatch mode for people who just want to dogfight and not have to rely on the team surviving and doing objectives to prolong a match.
  • Inflatable
    122 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This was my least favorite map initially, and it felt like a virtually guaranteed win for the Rebels/defense. However, lately it has been playing a lot more balanced. I'm not sure if they tweaked anything, like the ticket counter for the offense, but it now actually feels more or less fair and is a lot of fun.

Still the hardest map to draw on offense, for sure.
    These balance issues I think also have to do with many players in the beginning having very little clue what to actually do on certain maps and they do not know the maps very well yet.. This will naturally give the defending teams an edge.. And it will probably balance out a bit better over time when people learn the game and maps better.. But if it doesn't then DICE needs to jump in and adjust things.. Make it easier to capture certain objectives, by maybe changing the layout of the maps, locations of the objectives, amount of objectives or lives and time for the attacking team to pull it off.. I'm pretty sure they will have and analyze all the data from all the matches played and know what's going on and if it needs fixing..
  • Not to mention the milestones glitch where you don't get progress on the attacker/defender starfighter maps despite the game telling you so in the post-match menu
  • I've won several times as the Empire, but I'm not very fond of it. The map is literally a mess. Haha. It is nice that you can lose someone chasing you in the debris, but I wish they made other obstacles that could do the same thing- columns, tunnels/cavities in ships that you can fly through etc.

I'd rather them not get rid of the map altogether though, considering there are hardly any Starfighter maps right now.

My question is why can't we have modes that are actual battles from the movie like the original Battlefront II? Why do we keep getting these missions that are little "side-battles" that aren't in the movie. I get what they're trying to do, but I'd much rather prefer straight up playing the aerial battles we see in the movies.
  • I brought up a different post a while back about maps the community would like to see added outside the DLC seasons