criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Can bossk really OHK heroes? If so, nerf him.

I was tryign to get the challenge push 5 enemies at once with luke's push ability. I saw a good line up and when I went for it, I died instantly. My health dropped after 1 hit and I died right there. I had full 700HP. The other player using bossk just OHK me. That shouldn't ever happen with a hero.

Replies

• I have been OHK'd as Lando by Kylo Ren's force pull. From full health to nothing straight away.
  • I have been OHK'd as Lando by Kylo Ren's force pull. From full health to nothing straight away.

that sounds like they need to fix this OHK stuff. no hero, regardless of ability, should be able to OHK another hero.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I was tryign to get the challenge push 5 enemies at once with luke's push ability. I saw a good line up and when I went for it, I died instantly. My health dropped after 1 hit and I died right there. I had full 700HP. The other player using bossk just OHK me. That shouldn't ever happen with a hero.

Maybe you died because you ran towards 5 players?

I play Bosk a lot and have never one-shot killed a Hero before.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Nope, caught them completely off guard. I was gonna get that stupid challenge done and then bossk from acrss the map, 1 hit marker and i was dead.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    No Boosk can’t ohk any hero. Capture your footage next time and watch it carefully.
  • timidobserver
    807 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not technically a ohk, but if you can manage to get a 700 health hero to run through upgraded land mines with an upgraded poison cloud over them, it should kill them pretty quickly.
  • QU67
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Played Bossk a lot in HvV, and he cannot one shot a hero with the mines. He'll really damage them if they trigger all of them (especially if you have the card that gives two extra mines and another that increases the arm speed), but it's not a one shot. Poison grenade + mines is a different story, but even then it's generally not a one shot.

From your description, I'm guessing you ran into all the mines while getting shot by some troopers, in which case, you will die. Either that, or the ***** was hacking, or the killcam bugged out. Maybe all of the above. I really don't know, I guess I had to be there.

Also, please don't nerf Bossk. Not yet. Nerf Boba first, let me enjoy the new Bossk hero meta, and then nerf him. I love Bossk.
  • This game is littered with cheesy and OHK weapons and abilities, it's kind of frustrating and annoying sometimes. Some of the stuff really needs to be toned down a bit to improve the overall experience, which is still fun.

Did this happen since the most recent patch?

I'm wondering if there is some new bug at play. Because today in HvV I was Han solo fighting Darth Vader 1v1. We were both at full health and there was nobody else around. The first thing he did was use force choke and I was instantly killed. I didn't go up in the air or anything, I just died. This happened two more times in the same match. It was on PS4 so I don't think it was a hack. Additionally when I died from that it just said "defeated" every time rather than saying it was Vader who killed me.

that move does zero damage in base form....barely any with a star card....Did he just for pull you off a cliff?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    QU67 wrote: »
    Played Bossk a lot in HvV, and he cannot one shot a hero with the mines. He'll really damage them if they trigger all of them (especially if you have the card that gives two extra mines and another that increases the arm speed), but it's not a one shot. Poison grenade + mines is a different story, but even then it's generally not a one shot.

From your description, I'm guessing you ran into all the mines while getting shot by some troopers, in which case, you will die. Either that, or the ***** was hacking, or the killcam bugged out. Maybe all of the above. I really don't know, I guess I had to be there.

Also, please don't nerf Bossk. Not yet. Nerf Boba first, let me enjoy the new Bossk hero meta, and then nerf him. I love Bossk.

It was Bossk's main gun, forgot name. I had my drive full from previous captures i was trying to show of the exploits with the AAT and LAAT that need patching and other ones in the game. But I can give a visual if that helps to explain the scenerio and how no one else not at me. It was phase 2 of Star Killer base where you are on that platform the resistance has to hold. all the enemies where by the stares except a few that were on the side. they had no direct like of sight. someone used that ability where it gives away every enemy's position, i believe was the tracker dart fully advanced. and i was just going to run around the corner and when i did thats when i got shot. i know bossk's gun, if held down for a very long time does increase in damage but im wondering even after the indicator gets full if the damage is actually stopping or still increasing.

Sorry the picture is bad, this was 5 min online photoshop. i dont have my actual version on this pc to do a good one so this looks like a kid's drawing but this is the best i can do at the moment to help you get a visual. The crates underneither the structure blocked their field of view, the only person with a lane of fire was bossk, who was the one who hit me. it was literally the gun sound and my screen reacted to a hit and then dead right afterwards.

b9x4yzxm9edm.png

that move does zero damage in base form....barely any with a star card....Did he just for pull you off a cliff?

I was in the street in Mos Eisley. It was weird.
  • bfloo
    15659 posts Member
    I've yet to be ohk'd in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I've yet to be ohk'd in this game.

you never used NT-242? lol
  • Not that I've seen. Based on the picture any chance it was Bossk's shot simultaneously with a trooper grenade given a corner was involved?
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    No way Bossk can OHK any hero. There was something else which killed you instantly. Maybe more shots and damage combined with the ping differences+favor the shooter mechanics all in one.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Nihil wrote: »
    No way Bossk can OHK any hero. There was something else which killed you instantly. Maybe more shots and damage combined with the ping differences+favor the shooter mechanics all in one.

dude the kill cam point at bossk and weapon was the RELBY-10
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member

That's ok, because the "killcam" (but I wouldn't call that trash of killfeed a killcam :D ) is always focusing on the player who lande the final killing shot/blow.
    What I'm saying is that you probably had deaths where you wondered, how could you die behind a wall or cover....that's because of the server receive-response time, there is a small delay in every action. Because of this, the game and the server is always favoring the shooter. So if there is 2 ends (you and the other player) and on at leas one end, there is a shot which landed or a kill registered, the game will perform that action. Now because of that, it can be that you didn't even saw or noticed (because it didn't happend on your screen) that also others (besides Bossk) have damaged you...almost simultanously. And that was which drained most of your life. But the final killing shot came from Bossk.

It is very frustrating...that's true.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »

exactly. many times I think jeez I just got OHK, but it's never when it's only one person, there's usually a bunch of people around and it only registers as one person killing you.

maybe it'll lower confusion if they mentioned how many other players did damage to you as well

it just means he registered the kill. doesn't mean you didn't simultaneously got shot by others too
  • Nihil wrote: »

That's ok, because the "killcam" (but I wouldn't call that trash of killfeed a killcam :D ) is always focusing on the player who lande the final killing shot/blow.
    What I'm saying is that you probably had deaths where you wondered, how could you die behind a wall or cover....that's because of the server receive-response time, there is a small delay in every action. Because of this, the game and the server is always favoring the shooter. So if there is 2 ends (you and the other player) and on at leas one end, there is a shot which landed or a kill registered, the game will perform that action. Now because of that, it can be that you didn't even saw or noticed (because it didn't happend on your screen) that also others (besides Bossk) have damaged you...almost simultanously. And that was which drained most of your life. But the final killing shot came from Bossk.

It is very frustrating...that's true.

I didn't die behind a wall, the second i came around the wall. the only enemy in sight was bossk.

it just means he registered the kill. doesn't mean you didn't simultaneously got shot by others too

on others had a lane to fire at me

no others had a lane to fire at me. did you see the picture?
  • Just test it out in VS or Hvv mode...
  • Maybe he used his abilitys? When he goes in his stance (don't know the english word)
    he can shoot grenades with the RELBY-10 and the don't explode immediately.
    So maybe he shoot a few of them and the explode and killed you?
    Would explain why you died from RELBY-10 AND "OHKed"
    "Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -
  • CasualCat
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    RedReVenge wrote: »
    Just test it out in VS or Hvv mode...

I tried this with HvV and as surprisingly hard as it can be to hit an AFK spinner in the head from some distance (had to do it before the saber wielders got there), I did multiple different times with charged shots and they didn't die.

edit: I should add IF this was something Bossk was designed to do and not some one off fluke I'd expect to hear a lot more about it as Bossk gets a lot of play, so there should be lots of heroes experiencing this if it was an actual capability.
  • CasualCat wrote: »

I tried this with HvV and as surprisingly hard as it can be to hit an AFK spinner in the head from some distance (had to do it before the saber wielders got there), I did multiple different times with charged shots and they didn't die.

edit: I should add IF this was something Bossk was designed to do and not some one off fluke I'd expect to hear a lot more about it as Bossk gets a lot of play, so there should be lots of heroes experiencing this if it was an actual capability.

How long was the charge held for, never tested but wanted to see if the reticule animation that shows shot fully charged is just an indication or really does limit. I know with the ion cannon in the first SWBBF1 before patch if you got the powerup and held it down and charged past full, it actually kept going on rare occasions and could OHK the ATST in the previous game if you got lucky in the situation. so curious if maybe BOSSK can over charge the limiter indicator.
  • Far as what you mentioned, I think all the troopers may have hit you with 1 bullet at the same time Bossk got the kill. He can't OHK.

Far as force pull, choke, etc OHK you, yes that can happen if the animation messes up and it feels you are in part of the map you shouldn't be. You instantly die, it's a bug. I have been the victim of this, and the cause of people dying. So I know that's not a hack or anything.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Far as what you mentioned, I think all the troopers may have hit you with 1 bullet at the same time Bossk got the kill. He can't OHK.

Far as force pull, choke, etc OHK you, yes that can happen if the animation messes up and it feels you are in part of the map you shouldn't be. You instantly die, it's a bug. I have been the victim of this, and the cause of people dying. So I know that's not a hack or anything.

Wasn't going to assume hacking, just want to make sure this annoyance from the old game is not back Because it happened just like this.

Back in the day Lando and like 1 or 2 other heroes could OHK other Heroes.
  • CasualCat
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    CasualCat wrote: »

How long was the charge held for, never tested but wanted to see if the reticule animation that shows shot fully charged is just an indication or really does limit. I know with the ion cannon in the first SWBBF1 before patch if you got the powerup and held it down and charged past full, it actually kept going on rare occasions and could OHK the ATST in the previous game if you got lucky in the situation. so curious if maybe BOSSK can over charge the limiter indicator.

It was at least fully charged. I didn't try to intentionally go past fully charged, but sometimes did just trying to line up/time the shot.

Tested and captured it in split screen:

Post edited by CasualCat on
  • bfloo
    15659 posts Member
    If there was a legit glitch for Bossk to ohk heroes it would already be abused in every game like the Lando glitch was.

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    edited May 7
    bfloo wrote: »
    If there was a legit glitch for Bossk to ohk heroes it would already be abused in every game like the Lando glitch was.

Turns out i was right but lesser known. it has been an issue for a while and it finally just got patched. Bossk could OHK enemies, just there was a second step that needed to be performed to do the ohk on heroes so this whole time I was right. It has now been patched. Apparently this was always in the game but it is now fixed.
  • Mouthrax
    518 posts Member

It was by those who had worked out the timing, those players that work out all the broken mechanics, glitches and map location exploits to gain an unfair advantage.
  • This has never happened to me, I've never OHK someone as Bossk and I've never been OHK.
    Check these posts out:
  • bfloo
    15659 posts Member
    This has never happened to me, I've never OHK someone as Bossk and I've never been OHK.

Same, but it wouldn't surprise me that there really is an exploit that a few others mentioned.

h846398gb27k.png

• Daijooky
    60 posts Member
    It was Bossk's main gun, forgot name. I had my drive full from previous captures i was trying to show of the exploits with the AAT and LAAT that need patching and other ones in the game. But I can give a visual if that helps to explain the scenerio and how no one else not at me. It was phase 2 of Star Killer base where you are on that platform the resistance has to hold. all the enemies where by the stares except a few that were on the side. they had no direct like of sight. someone used that ability where it gives away every enemy's position, i believe was the tracker dart fully advanced. and i was just going to run around the corner and when i did thats when i got shot. i know bossk's gun, if held down for a very long time does increase in damage but im wondering even after the indicator gets full if the damage is actually stopping or still increasing.
    b9x4yzxm9edm.png
    [/quote]

I play Boskk quite a lot as well, I swear I ohk someone once, but it was while using predator instincts, got them with a headshot. But I have also been seeing chatter about his sniper rifle pulling ohks amd that it's a glitch. As for nerfing him, I'm definitely against that as I've been suggesting that the add a knockdown effect into his mines much like Han's ridiculous definite charge. That thing'll toss you back into the original Battlefront.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Boskk....Does not need a nerf. I mean seriously start thinking here. It's rare that he ohk's. It's just 1 simple bug fix. No need for a stupid nerf.
    Lukily, I have a Solution for you

Take my Nerf Gun and shoot boskk on your tv screen or whatever screen you have. And boom. PROBLEM SOLVED ;)

6ogeawewtrvi.jpg
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    Boskk....Does not need a nerf. I mean seriously start thinking here. It's rare that he ohk's. It's just 1 simple bug fix. No need for a stupid nerf.
    Lukily, I have a Solution for you

Take my Nerf Gun and shoot boskk on your tv screen or whatever screen you have. And boom. PROBLEM SOLVED ;)

6ogeawewtrvi.jpg

I think you are misreading. Bossk OHKing a hero 100% health is a bug that needed to be fixed. They just announced they found out what was causing it, and have patched it. Lando in SWBF1 2015 did something like that and it got patched to. it's not fair to have an ability to kill a full hero player in 1 hit. And Dice agrees clearly from the patch.
  • bfloo
    15659 posts Member
    I've still yet to come across this, at least with Bossk.

Yoda does it to me on occasion though, but only on Endor GA.

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member

Well you won't anymore because it is now patched
  • sounds like you encountered a hacker. bossk cannot one hit kill anyone. Maybe a trooper with a headshot or mine.. but not a hero.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    No Boosk can’t ohk any hero. Capture your footage next time and watch it carefully.

Yes he can, I’ve done and had it happen to me as well.
  • bfloo
    15659 posts Member

Well you won't anymore because it is now patched

Until they break it again next patch, like everything else they 'fixed'

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2246 posts Member
    sounds like you encountered a hacker. bossk cannot one hit kill anyone. Maybe a trooper with a headshot or mine.. but not a hero.

Nope, here is the video link again