criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Solution to the Pay to Win problem?!?

MrFurious1000
1231 posts Member
edited December 2017
Have a special lootbox players get when they level up. Cosmetic Lootboxes. These boxes cannot be purchased with in game credits. This will peak peoples interest as we would get cosmetics but we would have to rely on a RNG system to get the ones we want, AND you wouldnt get very many as leveling becomes more difficult at later levels (Maybe get more lootboxes the higher level you are....Example : Level 1-10 gets you 1 costmetic lootbox a level up, Level 11 to 30 gets you 2. 30 to 50 gets you 4 cosmetic lootboxes.

Then allow these Special Cosmetic Lootboxes to be purchased with real money. That way EA will have its income

If cosmetics could only be attained by lootbox RNG would that be a way to satisfy both sides?

EA benefits because people would spend money to purchase cosmetic lootboxes

Players benefit because pay to win is removed (we just have to worry about credit farmers)

So would this type of solution work? Of course adjustments welcome if I missed something that would break this system

Replies

• One critique if you’re open minded.

Unlike other games that award purely cosmetic lootboxes. There is a hard cap to our rank (50). Some players are already hitting that cap. You could award these retroactively, but might cause some issues in of itself. Regardless, the end result would be people complaining that they only way to get a cosmetic they want (because they didn’t get a specific one ranking up) would be $$$.

• good point...All cosmetics would have to be awarded retroactively and also a level 50 cap RE-rank. LIke once you reach 50 you can redo 49-50 xp earnage over and over again forever (your rank would stay at 50 thou). That way you can continue earning cosmetic Loot Boxes
  • There is no pay to win
  • Have a special lootbox players get when they level up. Cosmetic Lootboxes. These boxes cannot be purchased with in game credits. This will peak peoples interest as we would get cosmetics but we would have to rely on a RNG system to get the ones we want, AND you wouldnt get very many as leveling becomes more difficult at later levels (Maybe get more lootboxes the higher level you are....Example : Level 1-10 gets you 1 costmetic lootbox a level up, Level 11 to 30 gets you 2. 30 to 50 gets you 4 cosmetic lootboxes.

Then allow these Special Cosmetic Lootboxes to be purchased with real money. That way EA will have its income

If cosmetics could only be attained by lootbox RNG would that be a way to satisfy both sides?

EA benefits because people would spend money to purchase cosmetic lootboxes

Players benefit because pay to win is removed (we just have to worry about credit farmers)

So would this type of solution work? Of course adjustments welcome if I missed something that would break this system

I'm not sure introducing cosmetic loot boxes NOW will get people who haven't already bought the game to buy it now.
  • ivam wrote: »
    There is no pay to win

Pretty much this.
  • MrFurious1000
    1231 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    ivam wrote: »
    There is no pay to win

I'm so glad you are so clever....lol. They said they are going to bring back the purchasable loot boxes, My suggestion was the OP as to make sure a pay to win doesnt return...I figured people would have common sense to understand this....I guess I was wrong
  • i took it as a star wars quote. when vader says "there is no conflict"