criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

In case you were having doubts about Iden in HvV...

Set her up right, and she can be really strong. Her main advantage is her TL-50, so the Alternative Methods and Cooled Blaster cards are probably the best for her. Then for fun I have Shock Reach for her droid shock. The only Hero I had any trouble going against was Han, and occasionally Luke. I'm really glad I unlocked her so early, as she's become one of my main Villains

Replies

• I've not really tried her outside of the campaign. Currently she is behind Vader and Leia in my unlock priority. She beats out Chewbacca I guess :) Which abilities from the campaign does she actually get? IT seemed like she could get any ability she wanted through star cards or battlefield pick ups.
  • I have unlocked her but i just feel she is so under-powered to the rest once the enemy hero gets too close. Still feels OD, after campaign, for her to be a Villain. That would be like Finn being a Villain by the same comparison.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I have unlocked her but i just feel she is so under-powered to the rest once the enemy hero gets too close. Still feels OD, after campaign, for her to be a Villain. That would be like Finn being a Villain by the same comparison.

I agree and to that point I think she should be available to both sides. If villains pick her first she just gets greyed out to the other side. and vice versa.
    I have unlocked her but i just feel she is so under-powered to the rest once the enemy hero gets too close. Still feels OD, after campaign, for her to be a Villain. That would be like Finn being a Villain by the same comparison.

I agree and to that point I think she should be available to both sides. If villains pick her first she just gets greyed out to the other side. and vice versa.
    Oh, I love this idea. Just give her the Rebel uniform she wears in the last sections of the campaign when playing light side.

I really wished the story had been new with the start to finish loyal to the Empire. From the hype and teaser trailers I thought it would go across every era. Maybe it woulds start off in the Clone Wars and play as Garrick Versio how he participated in the clone wars and wiping out the Jedi and how he set his mind to be a great Admiral for the Empire with complete dedication and made it clear his daughter would be raised to be completely loyal and And bring order to chaos. Play as her through the Galactic Civil War as the Empire is slowly destroyed and then finding new hope in the First Order with Kylo Ren and trying to hunt down Luke. I mean they even have scenes not in the game where she points a gun to the back of Luke's head and I thought that was going to be sick and instead they just scrapped that and just made her another Finn character that jumped ship in the very beginning.

So to play her as a Villain in MP just feels so off
  • Yes to playing her on both sides in multiplayer.
  • I've not really tried her outside of the campaign. Currently she is behind Vader and Leia in my unlock priority. She beats out Chewbacca I guess :) Which abilities from the campaign does she actually get? IT seemed like she could get any ability she wanted through star cards or battlefield pick ups.

She gets a couple of her campaign abilities. She gets her Droid Shield, Droid Shock, and Pulse Cannon from campaign. She's a really good infantry killer, and can do really well in HvV.

Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

The only part of her I dont like, is her health. She CAN rush in and do a lot of damage, but she doesn't have the health to do it well.

Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

I'm all for this because it means I'd get to play as her more :P
  • Her sniper ability is tough to use for me because of the long charge up. I agree though she's a lot better than people seem to think. I wish she'd have an option to remove that helmet though. Not a fan.

(Old Patch) HvV-Brawler/Support Yoda Teamfight Series
    (Old Patch) Yoda - Block/Unleash video guide

• Saboteur6 wrote: »
    Her sniper ability is tough to use for me because of the long charge up. I agree though she's a lot better than people seem to think. I wish she'd have an option to remove that helmet though. Not a fan.

I'm not a great sniper, so I miss like, half my shots, lol. And same. I like the helmet, but I like her face more
  • I use her in HvV and in GA, she rocks in certain maps. She's more viable than other villains, imo.

Question - is it by design that Iden takes damage while her personal shield is up or is it a glitch? I've had my PS up and take damage a lot, other times not at all.
  • I use her in HvV and in GA, she rocks in certain maps. She's more viable than other villains, imo.

Question - is it by design that Iden takes damage while her personal shield is up or is it a glitch? I've had my PS up and take damage a lot, other times not at all.

I think explosives can go through it, and so can Lightsabers
  • I LOVE playing as Iden in HvV! Always get at least top 3 with her.
  • I LOVE playing as Iden in HvV! Always get at least top 3 with her.

Same here! And a lot of people that I see who play as her start to finish do really well too. And these are people who are anywhere from level 0-3. She's surprisingly good in HvV