criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Starfighter assault needs balancing

While playing as the empire above Endor and as the Republic on Kamino I have yet to win a round on either of the two attacking and defending sides, I feel as though the Ventedor class cruiser needs a buff as do the TIE Fighters, and perhaps a reduction in respawn time to 5 seconds from 10.

Replies

• Please, don't. They're fine, but challenging, enough as they are. On Kamino, indeed, I've mostly seen attackers having problems, not defenders. It all boils down to yourself and your team: Know what to do, take out objectives, and you're on the winning side.

Tie-fighters are fine, too, with a possible exception for the Tie Interceptor: Fast, powerful, manoeuvrable, made of paper. The interceptor can really shine on the Endor map because of it's extreme agility - if (and only if) its pilot has practised some. A slight buff to length of fire might be useful, but no more, or it'll be OP.
  • Idahoan
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kamino attack phase (seperatists) is the only map/side combo that I have trouble with. It is unbalanced in favor of the defenders. I have beat it once, only to notice at the end game that half of the defending team had quit (during the time of super bad rubber-banding lag)

Every other map and phase I win on consistently by paying most of the attention to the objectives and guarding bombers, and only deviating to dogfight when threatened.
  • Please, don't. They're fine, but challenging, enough as they are. On Kamino, indeed, I've mostly seen attackers having problems, not defenders. It all boils down to yourself and your team: Know what to do, take out objectives, and you're on the winning side.

Tie-fighters are fine, too, with a possible exception for the Tie Interceptor: Fast, powerful, manoeuvrable, made of paper. The interceptor can really shine on the Endor map because of it's extreme agility - if (and only if) its pilot has practised some. A slight buff to length of fire might be useful, but no more, or it'll be OP.

I am generally always in the top 3 on my team. Unless I am put into a late game. While playing as the Empire above Endor, I usually spawn in as the TIE Fighter and imidiately go for the Corvetts. At times I feel as though I’m the only one shooting at them...I’m very good with maneuvering the ship and can get away but I see most of my teammates flying into debres, as far as Kamino goes, I feel the Ventedor (if I spelled it wrong, sorry) loses its engines too quickly and teammates don’t go after the Hyena bombers. But for some reason I don’t get to play on Kamino all that much? As much as I’d like to anyway, which is a shame I love the map..anyway, maybe I just have lousy luck with teams.
  • Thing about the Kamino map is that it takes a while to reach the objectives. That gives time for the defenders to meet the attackers, and destroy them before ever getting a shot off. The solution is twofold: First, defend those bombers - PCs and NPCs alike. Second, use the Interceptors against the objectives. Can't stress the second point enough. Droid Interceptors are fast, and packs a massive punch. Fly in fast with Afterburner, pick off targets on the way (making way for your slower bombers), and strafe the objectives with Heavy Lasers and Heat Sink. Leave any defenders you don't kill in your wake; the fighters should finish those off easily. If you're still alive, circle around the objectives, start picking off defenders together with the fighters, and strafe the objective at every opportunity. Now the bombers reach their destination, still alive, you've softened up the target, and they can fire off their missiles and lasers. Objectives go down fast.