criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Grenade spam is ruining the game!!

Damage and aoe need to be reduced and cooldown needs to be increased. Not fun being killed by something out of your control over and over.

Replies

• In general, there's just too much of a reliance on Star Cards over core blaster gunplay. It was like this in Battlefront 2015 too. Grenade spam has been plaguing DICE games too lately. It sucks, but I don't see a solution happening anytime soon.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    In general, there's just too much of a reliance on Star Cards over core blaster gunplay. It was like this in Battlefront 2015 too. Grenade spam has been plaguing DICE games too lately. It sucks, but I don't see a solution happening anytime soon.

I agree about star card reliance.

There NEEDS to be a solution.
  • Maljas
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Officers get access to a Defuser to protect their teammates from nades.

There is also a Star Card for reducing explosion AND toxic damage.

The nades can be annoying, but there are obvious counters.
  • Just played BF1 and was shocked about the grenade spam in that game.

But I agree to many grenades on some maps. Dice has a fetich about grenades...
  • Maljas wrote: »
    Officers get access to a Defuser to protect their teammates from nades.

There is also a Star Card for reducing explosion AND toxic damage.

The nades can be annoying, but there are obvious counters.

Diffuser is only available for one class and for a limited period with a very small radius. Grenade spam is so frequent that it won't always be available to protect you.

Bodyguard also has such a small effect that an assault player can't tank a thermal detonator with a full upgraded card.

We shouldn't have to designate a loadout spot for countering a broken skilless feature.
  • rocketpig
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Maybe it's just me but I don't have a big problem with grenades. Sure, I die from them pretty regularly but that's part of the role of a defending team clogging up a choke point (though rolling away from them works most of the time, only partially damaging you so you lay back and heal).

If I'm going to camp a hallway in expectation that the attacking team will try to breach and reach the objective, then grenades are part of the risk.
  • rocketpig wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I don't have a big problem with grenades. Sure, I die from them pretty regularly but that's part of the role of a defending team clogging up a choke point (though rolling away from them works most of the time, only partially damaging you so you lay back and heal).

If I'm going to camp a hallway in expectation that the attacking team will try to breach and reach the objective, then grenades are part of the risk.

They are way too frequent. The fact you said they kill you frequently is the issue.
  • rocketpig wrote: »

They are way too frequent. The fact you said they kill you frequently is the issue.

Maybe I'd be down with slowing the refresh time a bit, as some players will just sit and lob grenades (the hallways in Theed are a good example). But mostly, grenades don't really bother me that much (I get my share of kills from them along with the deaths).

I'm fine with the damage they cause but grenades should be a one-time use in a single objective, IMO. You try to breach the hallway in Theed with a grenade before storming. They shouldn't refresh quickly enough that you can hang around and lob three grenades into the same hallway.
  • Half of the maps in this game are choke points. Get rid of that and the grenade spam would be less of a problem.

Another solution is to not make them rechargable but rather you only get a set number and once they run out then they're gone.

On a side note it really isn't that hard to not get killed by grenades. If you are in a choke point then you KNOW grenades are coming pretty frequently. You can see and hear them, just pay attention and roll out of the way. It's hilarious how often I get like 3 or 4 kills with a grenade from people just sitting there bunched up together in hallways.
  • It's really only the thermal detonator that I have beef with.

The combination of it's large aoe (buffed by the star card literally every assault uses), high damage (200), and practically no fuse time make it just too good.

Even with legendary rank bodyguard card (20% reduction), thermal detonators still kill anything besides a heavy (200*.8=160). Bodyguard would be more useful if the aoe wasn't so large, and made larger by the star card.

Suggested fix: nerf the increased aoe star card (this will also help loadout diversity), and increase the fuse time to something more reasonable.
  • Half of the maps in this game are choke points. Get rid of that and the grenade spam would be less of a problem.

Another solution is to not make them rechargable but rather you only get a set number and once they run out then they're gone.

On a side note it really isn't that hard to not get killed by grenades. If you are in a choke point then you KNOW grenades are coming pretty frequently. You can see and hear them, just pay attention and roll out of the way. It's hilarious how often I get like 3 or 4 kills with a grenade from people just sitting there bunched up together in hallways.
    Yeah, this is why I don’t have a big problem with grenades. I don’t stand in the hallway, I stand at the end and roll away when I see them coming. Occasionally, you’ll get the clever player who ricochets the grenade off the wall and into the back but good for them. They did it right and got me as a result.

Choke points are awful but not the only issue. Had so much nade spam on endorsed during the forest part. Rolling isn't effective when there are three improved thermal detonators being thrown at a time.
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Thermal grenade is the problematic one, mostly because many bought deluxe edition and have the purple card, that radius increase is a huge boost.

The timer is also pretty quick on it, its hard to avoid completely even if you see it.
  • Thermal grenade is the problematic one, mostly because many bought deluxe edition and have the purple card, that radius increase is a huge boost.

The timer is also pretty quick on it, its hard to avoid completely even if you see it.

Yeah.
  • I agree, Naboo perfect example, when the droids reach the palace main entrance, they just spam grenades all day down the halls, and me and my group just sit there watching the fire works show... literally sat through 5 mins of grenade spamming. might not seem long, but it is...
  • Wait until more people realize they can use he explosive sentry mode to hold down the hallways. A couple of heavy's shooting over the shoulders of heavies using the shield has worked out great for me on more than one occasion. Plus that explosive sentry mode eats up heroes......
  • Not any different then all other games like Battlefield and COD. Just spam those grenades!!! Oh, your grenade timer is up... Then time to spam throw it and pray for an easy kill.

Still haven't figured out why there isn't a longer cool down and dying shouldn't just reset it.

But, I could say the same thing about the Vanguard, the Shield, Rocket Launchers... You get the point.

Trash players every where.

P.S. I hate the new class system. I'd rater beable to pick my items from a list of everything. And, worse yet is why is there no alternative form the L1-R1 (middle). I like assault but hate the vanguard and same for the Heavy's miny gun. They suck!!! Dice really dropped the ball on the forced class system.
  • Jarsh92 wrote: »
    Wait until more people realize they can use he explosive sentry mode to hold down the hallways. A couple of heavy's shooting over the shoulders of heavies using the shield has worked out great for me on more than one occasion. Plus that explosive sentry mode eats up heroes......

Yep. Another issue. Too many high damage things deal splash damage meaning they are easy to use and kill very fast.
  • Not any different then all other games like Battlefield and COD. Just spam those grenades!!! Oh, your grenade timer is up... Then time to spam throw it and pray for an easy kill.

Still haven't figured out why there isn't a longer cool down and dying shouldn't just reset it.

But, I could say the same thing about the Vanguard, the Shield, Rocket Launchers... You get the point.

Trash players every where.

P.S. I hate the new class system. I'd rater beable to pick my items from a list of everything. And, worse yet is why is there no alternative form the L1-R1 (middle). I like assault but hate the vanguard and same for the Heavy's miny gun. They suck!!! Dice really dropped the ball on the forced class system.

I am glad their are classes but agree there should be alternatives for the middle ability.
  • Maybe a new game mode where there's no star cards or reinforcements just people with guns tea bagging away
  • Maybe a new game mode where there's no star cards or reinforcements just people with guns tea bagging away

Move along