criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rolling Out With Credit Changes

2Next

Replies

• Still absolutely no change in credits or crafting parts in the daily crates. Further I am by no means the best player and am quite pleased with myself if I can claw my way to the #1 position in a HvV match. I did it for the third time ever last night and then was crushed to receive around 295 credits for the match. Come on EA stop screwing us around.
  • RuralDevelopment
    235 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    With the current credit system we've all been seeing so many afk spinning farmer it's a little sad, especially in HvV. I hate that they do it but I understand why they do it. They may get fewer points but still get the same amount of credits as everyone else who actually played.

Lately I've been doing the opposite, which is to drag the game out as long as possible. Avoid the target and live a long healthy credit induced life. Afterall it rewards time anyways.

This system still needs a rework so you can get people playing which in turn means you can balance it out and have a brilliant e-sports calibre game mode.
  • Mackeh
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Still way too low on average.

Now that I'm around level 33 it's literally not rewarding at all to play a substantial galactic assault game, playing the objective, getting kills etc, and doing this all night to literally just about afford one crate. ONE. At level 33, the likelihood of duplicates is very high, and the credit reward for duplicates is pitifully low. If I'm an average player, occasionally having a great round, and play for a decent amount of time in the evening it shouldn't be hard to consider maybe 2 or 3 (or thereabouts) crates being affordable after all that time, especially given the randomness of the contents. I have lots of cards on classes, but can't afford to upgrade them due to low crafting parts .. and I can't get a decent amount in the course of a week because I can't earn enough credits, and the randomness of the crate contents and the insultingly low amount you get from a daily log in crate completely limits you.

A few days ago I had the afternoon off. I played for 9 hours on and off - I could afford 4 crates in that time (2 of which were because I levelled). I got ALL duplicates apart from two, and one of those was a rank 1, the other an upgrade rank 2. I got enough crafting materials to upgrade 2 cards .. TWO .. after 9 hours. If you guys can't see how stupid that is, given the RNG of the system you've put in place, then there's no hope. Taking part in an epic fight, playing the objective, getting kills etc should be rewarded .. but after feeling elated during the combat, the splash-screen at the end of the battle tells me I earnt a measly 290-350 credits. Seriously? And a trooper crate costs 4k. You guys have got this so wrong, it's laughable.

It's fast becoming a demoralising experience logging into SWBF2, especially now the first 30 levels have gone by. That thrill of boxes, upgrades, and progression has almost entirely dried up (which started once I went past level 10 tbh), with no way to feel rewarded after a night of gaming. I dunno .. it's just such a lame experience these days, and has been even after you made these 'changes'. You need to do more, and quick imo.

It needs some serious work done to it, and a reversal of the negative reward system you currently have. Some of these changes are merely balance (in relation to the credits for duplicates, credits reward for each game played, credits reward for daily log-in, and ofc the ever-insulting crafting parts issue). Personally i have faith you can do it .. but my concern is whether you'll do it well, or soon enough, or even think beyond it too.

We'll see, I guess.
  • All I see in this forum is a bunch of people complaining because they actually have to work to unlock things. Sure it takes a while to get credits but thats ok. This forum is just home to little kids that grew up with their parents saying they can have everything and not earn anything. Stop complaining and enjoy this great game.
  • XemnaKH wrote: »
    All I see in this forum is a bunch of people complaining because they actually have to work to unlock things. Sure it takes a while to get credits but thats ok. This forum is just home to little kids that grew up with their parents saying they can have everything and not earn anything. Stop complaining and enjoy this great game.

A typically small-minded response to genuine feedback in the hope to make progression smoother, and in-turn, the game more consistently enjoyable. My comments, at no point, suggested that things shouldn't be worked towards, or that upgrades/rewards should be given away like candy (nice try, but that isn't what was being said), but more that perhaps the progression arc was a little out of balance given the RNG involved in crate rewards. But, as usual, rather than accept constructive feedback, or see it for what it is, some seem more predisposed to try and over-simplify genuine feedback if it doesn't fit their cookie-cutter view, while making wild judgements of others. Pathetic.
  • The bigger story here is credits won in matches are not being added to the credit total completely when I back out to the main menu. Just had this confirmed in EA chat tech support with someone going over my account. Their advice? Reset my router...
  • Mackeh wrote: »
    XemnaKH wrote: »
    All I see in this forum is a bunch of people complaining because they actually have to work to unlock things. Sure it takes a while to get credits but thats ok. This forum is just home to little kids that grew up with their parents saying they can have everything and not earn anything. Stop complaining and enjoy this great game.

A typically small-minded response to genuine feedback in the hope to make progression smoother, and in-turn, the game more consistently enjoyable. My comments, at no point, suggested that things shouldn't be worked towards, or that upgrades/rewards should be given away like candy (nice try, but that isn't what was being said), but more that perhaps the progression arc was a little out of balance given the RNG involved in crate rewards. But, as usual, rather than accept constructive feedback, or see it for what it is, some seem more predisposed to try and over-simplify genuine feedback if it doesn't fit their cookie-cutter view, while making wild judgements of others. Pathetic.

Well if I am playing something and am happy with the system then why would I give feedback on how to fix it. It is a case of people complaining that they have to actually play the game to get stuff and unlock things. People now a days don't like to grind for things which I find really fun doing. So if you don't like it then go play a different game.
  • Mackeh wrote: »
    And a trooper crate costs 4k.

That's the point. Don't buy Trooper crates, it's damn too expensive. Hero lootboxes are nearly twice less expensive, and gives you almost as much crafting parts than the Trooper lootboxes, AND 2 or 3 random star cards

So, unless you have unlocked less than 50% common trooper star cards, it's not worth it.
  • xhy0j4ax59eq.png

The story was quite simple we got rolled by matchmaker with me ending with this crap score on top of my team at the end and all I got for the effort was this... I'd like some explanation. I played actively whole round....
  • Corpii wrote: »
    xhy0j4ax59eq.png

The story was quite simple we got rolled by matchmaker with me ending with this **** score on top of my team at the end and all I got for the effort was this... I'd like some explanation. I played actively whole round....

Yes, exactly. I’m seeing matches now with 0 credits or 100 credits after full matches. On HVV we got 10 kills on targets and I got 101 credits - which is below half the average, especially counting my score being above everyone else. This glitch has been happening for the past few days sporadically. I really want to see an update on this game because there are MANY glitches that need fixed and many balancing tweaks needed ASAP.
  • I am seeing such a minute increase in credits when I play. I should state that I am by no means a very good player in this, and I always seem to somehow lose every gun fight with people, regardless of their cards or how much it looks like i'm hitting them (and don't get me started on the spawn issues). I'm more of a lower middle of the scoreboard player unless it's something like GA where I am always (trying to) play the objective, which is where 99% of my points will come from. I haven't even bothered with unlocking heroes since I will never earn enough BP to even play as them in a match. Even in my good games, I have still yet to ever receive higher than the mid to high 400's for credits. It seems they boosted the earned credits for only the top players and forgot everyone else. It's pretty disappointing. I had such high hopes for this game, and I really want it to succeed, and to succeed in it, but it just really doesn't seem to be catered to the more "when I get a chance to actually play games" casual player. Especially when every match is just frustrating, capped off with the abysmal credits payout at the end.
  • Corpii wrote: »
    xhy0j4ax59eq.png

The story was quite simple we got rolled by matchmaker with me ending with this **** score on top of my team at the end and all I got for the effort was this... I'd like some explanation. I played actively whole round....

had this happen a couple times. I honestly think its a bug
This discussion has been closed.