criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

space battles need some adjusting?

in the current gameplay all the space ship battles are useless

as nice they are created and good looking but where is the point in 15 seconds fly and respawn
15 seconds fly boom respawn
15 seconds fly boom respawn

it keeps on going and the reason is every ship regardless figther or bomber is defeat in just a few single hits plus auto aim yep even the soo famous X-Wing is down in few hit (forgot even the shield part they used to have shields Tie fighters not have) but in BF2 all ships are same useless

why auto aim? where is the point in flying if everyone can just keep pressing the fire button?

we need to get rid of the auto aim and learn to be ace by self and become a good pilot on experience

and all ships need more health to have more fun and longer battles
this currently feels useless only few seconds fly and any random pilot will defeat u just beeing behind u and there is no way u can change it because auto aim do all the work

not want be offending but really auto aim is space battle fun killer and ships need much more health instead beeing almost one ***** by every random behind

hope someone agrees and maybe we can enjoy space battles a bit more in future if we actualy need to fly not only keep shooting

sorry bad english

Replies

• Problem with increasing maximum health is that all the players that are already really good ace pilots will be unstoppable. I'd prefer to not have auto aim but it's a pretty casual game and without it you'd see people staying alive for too long.
  • SoD
    42 posts Member
    wait there is an auto aim? i guess console players gets aimbots for free.
  • Zvitatzki
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    SoD wrote: »
    wait there is an auto aim? i guess console players gets aimbots for free.

maybe u think u are too good but no there is auto aim sadly and this is fun killing as even evade and manovour helps nothing as any random behind u will destroy u regardless

already not fun how every ship has pretty much the same health and get destroy in only few hits u hardly can turn before u even know someone shooting but even auto aim?

think this is going too far :/

and im playing pc version :)
  • Zvitatzki
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Problem with increasing maximum health is that all the players that are already really good ace pilots will be unstoppable. I'd prefer to not have auto aim but it's a pretty casual game and without it you'd see people staying alive for too long.

the thing is there are plenty space games as example X Rebirth where we do missions without beeing destroyed or respawn

same thing can be here done we have objectives in the space assault mode we destroy mission related spaceships / stations or defend as example in some maps we take out these ai bomber and more its multiplayer but objevtive based like galactic assault mode

a skilled pilot shall be able to survive without 1 death it no issue to any other place as the objectives matter not the kills

besides if one is to good there is always the chance multiple pilots target the same enemy then he most likely will get taken down^^
  • I play on PS4 so It's a bit different. I see PC gameplay and the flying looks buttery smooth if not a bit unrealistic. But like I said, I'd rather not have auto aim but EA wants to cater to the noobs and they know not very many people would have a good time with no auto aim and a controller.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1679 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know what you're talking about. Starfighter Assault is perfect. All maps provide ample cover, and if someone is shooting at you, it's fairly easy to roll out of the way and put yourself out of range of their blasters.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Zvitatzki
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    ah im not complainnning about loosing here more the other side

it is way to easy if auto aim all the way we do not need effort in flying we just chase and press fire while auto aim do the work

fighter battles are meant to be fun and skilled and u learn to be better at flying not how long u keep pressing the mouse button

same how fast all player ships get destroyed regardless if mighty X-Wing just a poor Tie Fighter or even a bomber the Y-Wing class they all get destroyed in the same few hits is missing balance and more and u can do nothing because even like u say "do rolling" the auto aim keep shooting at nice accuracy makes even the rolling no sense

forgive me my english

• hem... i know i'll be flamed away but here it goes: just today i was wishing for auto aim because, at least for me, it's an absolute pain to allign with the white circle playing with my ps4 pad.
    Now you tell me there is auto aim? That's true? Are we talking about battlefront 2 right? Because if there is an auto aim enabled by default i managed to seriously suck with it too and that's depressing...
  • Zvitatzki
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    im not the flamming type each it own oppinion

i just not seem to enjoy the space battles this way it be a non stop respawn simulator

i grown up on all the starwars games by lucas arts i know is old but i did play every like x-wing tie fighter even x-wing alliance (my favorite in its time) there were really fun as we do really fly aim and try not die like every story / singleplayer space game

but here in battlefront 2 we get the kills thrown after us no need giving effort to get kills or try to survive as any way of trying to evade or escape is impossible as the auto instant killing us followed by the mini health every ship has and not forget we even get missiles - - like i say it feels like a respawn simulator^^

how the lets player things too repeating always calling :)

is so unbalanced

none say u are bad i just wish the old pvp in which we actualy need to aim to get better not blind shooting at the target in crosshair
  • Wait... just let me understand... when you people says "auto aim" you mean the white circle? Not some feature, like in battlefront 1, where you could lock onto people and push the fire button and whatch them explode?
    If it's just the white circle it's seems a bit too much to call it "auto aim". i mean.. if i had a mouse where i could make precise adjustments maybe but... with a pad it's absolute murder to allign shots
  • robbocroft wrote: »
    If it's just the white circle it's seems a bit too much to call it "auto aim". i mean.. if i had a mouse where i could make precise adjustments maybe but... with a pad it's absolute murder to allign shots

IN a dogfight it's pretty hard but normally, especially vs. AI controlled ships you have to guess where they "go", position your crosshair accordingly and simply wait for them to have their white circle move into your crosshairs. With some angles the circle is off and you're better served if you shoot a bit further away than the circle indicates.

It took me a bit to get used to the new flight mode but in case you disabled roll -- re-enable it. Wit it it's usually quite easy to get your crosshair where it belongs to once you have invested 15 - 30 minutes in understanding how the new mode works. I used the campaign for this as there is no aracde mode unfortunately.
  • Zvitatzki
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    if the target is only near the white circle all the laser shooting will direct aim at the target to easier hit

we not need to aim manualy by keeping the target inside the crosshair and guess where it moves to hit it just need be near and the laser are like "following the target" which is kinda cheap and make battles too easy plus none can escape eitehr

imagine these flying are like the famous airplanes we used to call "dog fight" we can not call it here because we only need to follow the target not aim :/

im bad in explainning but if do u look at this on the next fly while chasing a enemy fighter maybe will understand easier

*edit*

yea HtFde did explain it much better than me :)

this old favorite "dogfight" experience is missing in the space battles here
    Post edited by Zvitatzki on