criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Add Photon Bombs for Bomers like Y-Bombers/Tie-Bombers have (Cards)

Would be nice to have these back, great for anti-vehicle

Also some additional cards for starfighters would be great

Replies

• I figured that would be a good star card to replace the missiles if you want to be more bomber oriented in your playstyle. I really miss those old bombers. I'd like to see more cards for the starfighters that, similarly to your troopers, replace certain abilities.
  • I figured that would be a good star card to replace the missiles if you want to be more bomber oriented in your playstyle. I really miss those old bombers. I'd like to see more cards for the starfighters that, similarly to your troopers, replace certain abilities.

ya thats what i thought to, replace the missiles for the bombs, a good trade off.
  • Alternatively, they could add a star card that allows your torpedoes to lock on to ground targets and increases their blast radius.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Alternatively, they could add a star card that allows your torpedoes to lock on to ground targets and increases their blast radius.

why not just photo bombs, they were cool in other games. thats what they were for. Saying 'photon torpedoes with ground lock on to ground targets and increases their blast radius' would be like me saying add photon bombs with air lock on and faster speed. The bombs were ground focused with would make it look more terrifying to see them being dropped. Bright blue ball of destruction.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Alternatively, they could add a star card that allows your torpedoes to lock on to ground targets and increases their blast radius.

why not just photo bombs, they were cool in other games. thats what they were for. Saying 'photon torpedoes with ground lock on to ground targets and increases their blast radius' would be like me saying add photon bombs with air lock on and faster speed. The bombs were ground focused with would make it look more terrifying to see them being dropped. Bright blue ball of destruction.

That would make the bombers a lot more like the movies, cause in the movies thats about all you see them do. Having this added to the bombers and putting Star fighter assault in the arcade with objectives to bomb would be a win win.
  • That takes me back! really hated that mission haha.

But yea, would love some new stuff for bombers for sure
  • reb1138 wrote: »
    That takes me back! really hated that mission haha.

But yea, would love some new stuff for bombers for sure

lol I remember the Sullust mission was a nightmare lol missile turrets everywhere lol but ya that was amazing to drop bombs as Y-wing or Tie-Bomber.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

That would make the bombers a lot more like the movies, cause in the movies thats about all you see them do. Having this added to the bombers and putting Star fighter assault in the arcade with objectives to bomb would be a win win.

photon bombs are the best, also more skill. with photon torpedoes locking on to ground targets would mean the would track and it would be a simple fire and forget missile. With photon bombers you have to know that arc and also it proves a fair chance for ground vehicles to move. Air on air combat, a photon torpedo you can dodge with ease, but with land they couldn't avoid it, the see lock on and hit making it easily unbalanced as that fast moving missile destroys them with no chance to avoid. But photon bombs, since it has no lock on and is more powerful but drops at a slower rate will make sure to keep the land vehicles on their toes and never stay in one spot, never known if Bomb Voyage lol
  • While actual bombs would be fun to play with along with a 'bomber view' angle while preparing to drop, all I can say is this:

SpawncampingBOMBING Intensifies.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    While actual bombs would be fun to play with along with a 'bomber view' angle while preparing to drop, all I can say is this:

SpawncampingBOMBING Intensifies.

how? You can't stay in their spawn point. And its explosive radius and damage is that of the photo torpedo pretty much, maybe some more area and damage but that is about it.
  • Syncronocity
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Haven't played Imperials on Hoth very often have you? I frequently find the Imperial side getting routinely and mercilessly strafed at spawn if the Rebels maintain air superiority. That and Kashyyk are the two most frequent places where Air has free reign to just spit all over the ground forces. While Starkiller isn't AS bad, it's still a serious mention. Any map with wide open skies and little overhead cover will result in bombers just chilling at max height dropping bombs wherever they know clusters of players will be, provided the other guys in the air can maintain a good camp of the spawn lanes.
    Again, awesome idea, but far too exploitable, and rest assured, air campers WILL be all to happy to just blindly lob bombs around hotspots on maps for lazy kills.

Edit: Good lord I just thought of Takodana's phase 1. One point where you KNOW there will be bodies. Granted there's no bombers in the third era, but if they're introduced with TLJ, that might change.
  • Haven't played Imperials on Hoth very often have you? I frequently find the Imperial side getting routinely and mercilessly strafed at spawn if the Rebels maintain air superiority. That and Kashyyk are the two most frequent places where Air has free reign to just spit all over the ground forces. While Starkiller isn't AS bad, it's still a serious mention. Any map with wide open skies and little overhead cover will result in bombers just chilling at max height dropping bombs wherever they know clusters of players will be, provided the other guys in the air can maintain a good camp of the spawn lanes.
    Again, awesome idea, but far too exploitable, and rest assured, air campers WILL be all to happy to just blindly lob bombs around hotspots on maps for lazy kills.

Edit: Good lord I just thought of Takodana's phase 1. One point where you KNOW there will be bodies. Granted there's no bombers in the third era, but if they're introduced with TLJ, that might change.

I have and thats not true, its the opposite. I hardly get to use the air speeder before they are on me.

You haven't even explained how it's exploitable, by that sense the photon torpedo is exploitable but the same logic.