criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Kashyyyk is the only map that does Galactic Assault right.

What does Kashyyyk do different from all the other Galactic Assault maps that makes it so much more fun to play? It's simple really...
  • Every unit, vehicle, and starfighter is available in every phase from start to finish.

This is something that has been nagging at me about Galactic Assault since launch. Star Wars: Battlefront II has a greatly expanded sandbox with new vehicles like the AAT and AT-RT, Taun-Tauns, Landspeeders, starfighter classes, and more.

Galactic Assault is the mode I would play to experience most of these things; but on maps like Hoth and Theed cut you off from vehicles as soon as you transition to the second phase. Nothing pains me more than being forced out of my AAT or N-1 Starfighter at the start of the second phase on Naboo.

Actually, scratch that; what's worse than being forced out of your vehicles halfway through a match? Not having vehicles in Galactic Assault at all.

Death Star II is a prime example, as the entire game has you fighting on foot. No vehicles, no starfighters, just close-quarters infantry combat. I might as well be playing Strike or Blast; the only difference is those modes do not have Heroes, but even then there's Heroes Vs. Villains. I would've preferred something more like what they did with Battle Station in the Death Star DLC; having teams start out in starfighters during the first phase, then go to fighting on foot in the second, and then back into space again for the Trench Run. It's a shame that mode couldn't be revamped for Battlefront II and inserted into Galactic Assault.

I hope that all future Galactic Assault maps are more like Kashyyyk. Whether I'm driving an AAT on the ground, strafing the enemy from the air in an ARC-170 or Y-Wing, or even just fighting as a trooper or hero on foot, it's the one map that feels the most authentic to the original games.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

Replies

• I completely agree, Kasshyk is my favorite map.
  • Kashyyyk is the only large map which tries to have a little bit vehicle combat without a small corridor phase at the end.
    We want open large maps with vehicles and Star Wars like battles. I am curious when the devs will finally notice this.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Kashyyyk is my least favorite map for several reasons.

1. The map is very large. Most troop blasters are ineffective at long range, so killing players on Kashyyyk is difficult. Combo this with overpowered vehicles and you'll find yourself dying frequently.
    2. Winning / gaining a reinforcement advantage is almost impossible during phase 1 (with the Galactic Republic). The new update, now gives the CIS 50 reinforcements after phase 1. This means the clones need to shoot ~17 missiles at the MTT's to gain a troop advantage in phase 2. This is very difficult because of my previous reason.
    3. The night-themed Kashyyyk is awful to play. Most of the game, I'm trying to figure out where the enemies are...

• My favorite sniper map.
    I really wish they would add coruscant and space coruscant.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    Kashyyyk is my least favorite map for several reasons.

1. The map is very large. Most troop blasters are ineffective at long range, so killing players on Kashyyyk is difficult. Combo this with overpowered vehicles and you'll find yourself dying frequently.
    2. Winning / gaining a reinforcement advantage is almost impossible during phase 1 (with the Galactic Republic). The new update, now gives the CIS 50 reinforcements after phase 1. This means the clones need to shoot ~17 missiles at the MTT's to gain a troop advantage in phase 2. This is very difficult because of my previous reason.
    3. The night-themed Kashyyyk is awful to play. Most of the game, I'm trying to figure out where the enemies are...

1. If you think this is a problem, you're doing it wrong. I find myself getting a ton of kills with regular blasters by sticking to cover, namely the huts on the right side at the start of the map and the weeds in the middle. I get a lot of kills in this area as the Assault class.

2. I was just defeated during the first phase by a team that managed to take out both MTTs during the first phase despite my team constantly killing them with AATs.

3. Turn up the brightness. It helps.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter