criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Please fix spawn locations on Endor for Galactic Assault

I Go to spawn in as Lando and as I spawn in, wanting to run back because of all the annoy speeder bikes that try to instakill heroes so trying to get up top, I am immediately welcomed by a scout trooper and Darth Vader. This shouldn't happen at a spawn location.

Go to last 45 seconds
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sgt Fergus/video/40455699

Replies

• RedReVenge
    1215 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, speeders shouldn't be able to run over Heroes (I made a post about this last week).

No, the spawns are fine on Endor. You played pretty poorly against Darth Vader. My reasons below:

1. You weren't paying attention to your radar and were punished when Vader ambushed you.
    2. You had zero evasion. After Vader ambushed you, you turned around and shot him. This is a very bad play because Vader was next to you. You won't win that fight... Instead, you should have dodged / ran away from him.
    3. You were slow to react with your shock charge.
    4. Don't pick Lando.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    RedReVenge wrote: »
    Yes, speeders shouldn't be able to run over Heroes (I made a post about this last week).

No, the spawns are fine on Endor. You played pretty poorly against Darth Vader. My reasons below:

1. You weren't paying attention to your radar and were punished when Vader ambushed you.
    2. You had zero evasion. After Vader ambushed you, you turned around and shot him. This is a very bad play because Vader was next to you. You won't win that fight... Instead, you should have dodged / ran away from him.
    4. Don't pick Lando.

1) I was focus on a trooper headed right at me. There shouldn't be enemies right where you spawn.
    2)If I turned away from vader he could just force choke me. If you did that to me I'd do that to you. So don't try to do that fallacy where people are like "well if I was in that situation, I would of grabbed on to a tree branch and swung away like Tarzan because like I totally could of gotten away" Lets be real here, you would not have gotten away. If I was Vader and you were Lando, I'd of killed you in just the same amount of time. or even quicker since you are saying you would of turned your back to the scout trooper who would shoot you in the back while I choked you to death while throwing my light saber at you. So lets not play games here.
    3) I was just dropped into a **** situation so by the time I saw him and was trying to get away but it was too late, sorry I don't have telepathy. It was my first time using Lando and you can't even use it like I tried to when you are getting hit, you are stunned and can't evade, you can just walk so he can just wack you to death. thats what people have been saying about HvV where once you get hit its pretty much game over cause he just has to keep waking you and you can't evade a saber hero/villain.
    4) I should be able to pick any hero I want. there was no telepathy to have known I would have been spawning right next to vader and a scout trooper. that's a terrible argument, in fact all your points are terrible. No enemies should be next to you when you spawn, if that means spawning me way back or putting a soft kill for them so they don't stay in the other teams spawn area then that is what needs to be done. Look at where the objective is! There is no reason the enemy should be this far behind.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    nah. that's just bad play. lack of situational awareness. as soon as u spawn u started running exact opposite side of the rest of your squad. minimap warned u that there are enemies on the side you are running. vader caught you surprised and alone.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    nah. that's just bad play. lack of situational awareness. as soon as u spawn u started running exact opposite side of the rest of your squad. minimap warned u that there are enemies on the side you are running. vader caught you surprised and alone.

I ran opposite side, if you can read, because people love to spawn speeder bikes and ram heroes for free quick troll kills. Please stop defending spawn killing, it tells me who is a noob that justifies this. Look at the objective, look where it is. It's a mile away and these people are at the rebel spawn points. stop defending this. I was running into the soft kill for imperials area and they now that thats why they were spawn killing.

Start thinking like Sully crashing a plane in the Hudson, not the Federal Aviation Administration. You keep playing "well I can stop time, look at all my surroundings and coordinate a battle strategy, thankfully with telepathy and time stopping ability I by freezing this video I can totally tell what I should of done." No, act human, human response, yes I saw the marker, I also saw an enemy in front, If I turned away at a charging even, he could have killing me. So I had to address the threat, but then the second threat was able to attack me while I have to address the first threat. This should not ever happen at a spawn location.

So therefore by conclusion this is spawn killing, anyone that supports spawn killing therefore is trash and has to resort to players just getting in to get kills. No, this is not legit, place soft kills for imperials at this location, said and done. Wow never seen so many noobs on a forum protect spawn killing you guys are just as bad as AAT exploit spawn killing LAAT players. Luckily this is getting patch.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

4. Don't pick Lando.

1) I was focus on a trooper headed right at me. There shouldn't be enemies right where you spawn.
    2)If I turned away from vader he could just force choke me. If you did that to me I'd do that to you. So don't try to do that fallacy where people are like "well if I was in that situation, I would of grabbed on to a tree branch and swung away like Tarzan because like I totally could of gotten away" Lets be real here, you would not have gotten away. If I was Vader and you were Lando, I'd of killed you in just the same amount of time. or even quicker since you are saying you would of turned your back to the scout trooper who would shoot you in the back while I choked you to death while throwing my light saber at you. So lets not play games here.
    3) I was just dropped into a **** situation so by the time I saw him and was trying to get away but it was too late, sorry I don't have telepathy. It was my first time using Lando and you can't even use it like I tried to when you are getting hit, you are stunned and can't evade, you can just walk so he can just wack you to death. thats what people have been saying about HvV where once you get hit its pretty much game over cause he just has to keep waking you and you can't evade a saber hero/villain.
    4) I should be able to pick any hero I want. there was no telepathy to have known I would have been spawning right next to vader and a scout trooper. that's a terrible argument, in fact all your points are terrible. No enemies should be next to you when you spawn, if that means spawning me way back or putting a soft kill for them so they don't stay in the other teams spawn area then that is what needs to be done. Look at where the objective is! There is no reason the enemy should be this far behind.

It seems you aren't going to take any advice from an elite player.

Continue to complain :].
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

4. Don't pick Lando.

If someone can kill you in your spawn location, its not being elite. It's called spawn killing.

4. Don't pick Lando.

If someone can kill you in your spawn location, its not being elite. It's called spawn killing.

You weren't spawn killed. You played poorly. There is a difference...

• I heard they're already fixing the speeder issue, I thought they should just make heros auto roll whenever one gets close to them so they'd always dodge out of the way.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I heard they're already fixing the speeder issue, I thought they should just make heros auto roll whenever one gets close to them so they'd always dodge out of the way.

lol idk about that but yes i heard same thing from someone closer to the dev side than me and said this is going to be getting fixed real soon. tired of being hero and ran over on this map so i just dont even bother on phase 2. no point wasting all those credits for free kills for them. I was hoping this time i could of at least made it to *cough* Obiwan "High ground" but clearly the spawn issue is getting worse on endor. right of the bat already getting attacked at spawn because players are getting too familiar with where the rebels spawn.

4. Don't pick Lando.

He didn't "spawn-kill you". You just played poorly...
  • RedReVenge wrote: »

4. Don't pick Lando.

Simple question, did he kill me at my spawn location? Yes. That's spawn killing, just because it wasn't instant doesn't mean it wasn't spawn killing. For Vader to be in my spawn location, that's spawn killing. Next you will say this isn't spawn killing.

• Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017

4. Don't pick Lando.

Is he in my spawn location? Then yes, he is spawn killing. What's next, you going to say this isn't spawn killing and they all just "played poorly"

You illogical beliefs have no bounds. BTW this spot in SWBFEA1 is patched because "spawn killing". Every other map and location is protected by soft kill so the enemy can't be in it. yet this guy is miles away from him objective inside the spawn location for the rebels, that's spawn killing. I can't take Luke and go into phase 3 of the imperials spawn location, why? because there is a soft kill there. Why? To prevent spawn killing. Which is what this needs.

Maybe you can't visualize it. So let me show you the obvious problem where the no go zones are not balanced.

jma9rruc0ezh.jpg

This is how it should be where both spawns are protected by soft kill, not just one side. they need to follow a gradient of where ever the ATAT spawns, the soft kill moves with it and both sides spawn behind their barriers that prevent spawn killing. That's fair gameplay. If that doesn't make sense to you then you can't be helped because thats clear as day what the problem is, is there there is nothing protecting the rebels at their spawn, getting spawn killed by the opposite team in the spawn location or with speeder bikes because there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

hpto6fhk2y0q.jpg

• Same situation on Hoth. If you're attacker and get killed, the X-Wings are able to kill your whole spawning squad the econd you got back into the game. On other maps, too.

Sorry but thats just stupid.
    "Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -
  • Black0utz wrote: »
    Same situation on Hoth. If you're attacker and get killed, the X-Wings are able to kill your whole spawning squad the econd you got back into the game. On other maps, too.

Sorry but thats just ****.

They should design a soft protection like blacklight tango down did for these scenarios where spawn areas are off limits pretty much to get rid of those spawn trappers/spawn killers. Where no ground troopers like enemy specialists, heavies, officers, assaults, aerials, enforcers, heroes, and ground vehicles can't go into the players spawn locations or they will be met with a 10 second warning and if they don't leave before that, they are killed for desertion. And add a protection of 10 seconds to players where they can't be killed in spawn, the only way it goes away is once the 10 seconds are up or they have left the spawn location. This should also apply to Land and Air but for 3 seconds or when they leave spawn location, which for starfighters is about 3 seconds, or when they start firing. This works extremely effectively at stopping spawn killing entirely. Because some players boosting starfighter killed on Kashyyyk and Takodana have been figuring out where the enemy player controlled star fighters spawn and been doing side strafes at their spawn. Funny thing is this really down happen on Star Killer due to the spawn for Ties is in a hangar underground, this is one of the few times the spawn location was done right as its near impossible to attack as you would risk crashing your own star fighter to do so. The thing is BF games never had to worry about this because usually spawns were put in better locations, these are not put into the best situations for these objective gameplays. Somehow SWBF2 doesn't have spawns well planted out in GA. Strike seems fine, haven't had issues with the spawns there. Spawn protection not needed for Blast or HvV as they are TDM gametypes and Starfighter Assault never really happns since your fighter is always moving and so many they don't have the ability to go to spawn and if they do someone shoots them down since their back is turned.