criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Behind cover kills and crouching

Who's bright idea was it to make you hold B to crouch and double tap the same button to roll? You gotta be stupid.

Secondly, why am I getting shot and killed when I'm quite clearly behind cover? That's a load of rubbish if you ask me. What's the point in going into cover I'm still getting shot.

Replies

• Who's bright idea was it to make you hold B to crouch and double tap the same button to roll? You gotta be ****.

Secondly, why am I getting shot and killed when I'm quite clearly behind cover? That's a load of rubbish if you ask me. What's the point in going into cover I'm still getting shot.

its called rubber band lag, they see you still running for cover when you are already in cover on your screen. i got killed inside a bubble shield because of it
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Who's bright idea was it to make you hold B to crouch and double tap the same button to roll? You gotta be ****.

its called rubber band lag, they see you still running for cover when you are already in cover on your screen. i got killed inside a bubble shield because of it

Interesting, thanks for teaching me something new
  • Yes, it is partly due to lag, but the DICE/Frostbite Engine is notorious for this. What's really baffling is that Battlefield 1 was released in the same state (getting shot/killed behind cover) and it took almost a year for DICE to remedy it. How Battlefront 2 was released without implementing a similar fix is somewhat confounding.
  • richcz3 wrote: »
    Yes, it is partly due to lag, but the DICE/Frostbite Engine is notorious for this. What's really baffling is that Battlefield 1 was released in the same state (getting shot/killed behind cover) and it took almost a year for DICE to remedy it. How Battlefront 2 was released without implementing a similar fix is somewhat confounding.

usually in game design they have been in development for years on a game and so by the time this bug was found this game was already going into beta stage.