criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

The easy solution for stopping AFK farming

BFIIenthusiast
60 posts Member
edited December 2017
Just remove the autospawn. That way each player would have to press confirm in order to respawn. If AFKing, this would mean that one would simply be in the respawn menu until kicked out by idle activity. This goes for all game modes.
Dice would have to change the button layout for switching heroes in HVV, but that is pretty easy compared to other solutions.

Replies

• Or get people kicked if they have no assist or kill before 1 or 2 minutes..
  • McPlebster wrote: »
    Or get people kicked if they have no assist or kill before 1 or 2 minutes..

Could work as well, but a few unlucky snipers migh complain about that

Win win it sounds to me :)
    McPlebster wrote: »

Win win it sounds to me :)

Haha, true!

This wouldn't work, as I can't count how many times I've camped a defender objective and not seen an enemy in the first couple of minutes of a match. It doesn't require bad play, it just requires the other team to completely ignore that specific objective to start the game (which happens all the time on maps like Yavin that start with three objectives).
  • rocketpig wrote: »

This wouldn't work, as I can't count how many times I've camped a defender objective and not seen an enemy in the first couple of minutes of a match. It doesn't require bad play, it just requires the other team to completely ignore that specific objective to start the game (which happens all the time on maps like Yavin that start with three objectives).

Ok, so If you don't get any assist, teampoints, obejctive score or kills after 2 min have gone of the game you get kicked. That would surely work, since most bots that I have come across only seem to stand in uncap shooting at random and walking into walls.
  • I was in a match today where I was the only one playing. 3 guys on my team were spinning in circles. 4 guys on the other team also spinning in circles. Needless to say. I explored the map I was on and scored a mere 60k in points and hot 900 credits.

I definitely think something should be done. Its already the best mode (in my opnion) to score points.

I would suggest having to pick your character before each match. Instead of having one assigned to you if you don’t pick one. Also no auto respawn. When you die you either have to press a button to be put back in. Or you get booted out.

Every time i play HvsV there is always someone boosting.

I understand why they do it. But it does need to stop.
  • What I find funny, is, if we were exploiting here on the forums, they would ban us instantly. No money to be made. They are being trigger shy, this stuff has been happening for 3 weeks now and has ruined the game for me. I am seriously thinking of seeking a refund. I am thinking of only giving them until the new patch drops with new heroes. It's still out of control.

For pete's sake, take away the credits for doing nothing. It can't be very hard.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Just remove the autospawn. That way each player would have to press confirm in order to respawn. If AFKing, this would mean that one would simply be in the respawn menu until kicked out by idle activity. This goes for all game modes.
    Dice would have to change the button layout for switching heroes in HVV, but that is pretty easy compared to other solutions.

Easy script fix, no kills or assists, no points. No kills after 2 games, kick. Done

Make it: "Doesn't earn points for 1-2 mins (exapt autopoints).

I had matches where I haven't killed or assist ANYONE for half the game (MTT destroy) but were 1st place.
    Then they would kick me.... and don't complain about camper...if you had them, shoot them. Thats it.
    "Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -
  • Had a total of 9 players AFK farming on a team just now while playing... Thats almost half the team just doing nothing. Its an incredibly easy fix to a problem which in my opinion is destroying the game!
    Will teach them for having such a ludicrous progression system though!
  • I was in a match today where I was the only one playing. 3 guys on my team were spinning in circles. 4 guys on the other team also spinning in circles. Needless to say. I explored the map I was on and scored a mere 60k in points and hot 900 credits.

I definitely think something should be done. Its already the best mode (in my opnion) to score points.

I would suggest having to pick your character before each match. Instead of having one assigned to you if you don’t pick one. Also no auto respawn. When you die you either have to press a button to be put back in. Or you get booted out.

Every time i play HvsV there is always someone boosting.

I understand why they do it. But it does need to stop.

Mhm, and by having to press a button to spawn in in the beginning of the match, it would be alot more work to do so. If removing the auto spawn altogether the AFKers would have to oversee the whole game, and that makes AFKing pointless. I hope they do something like that
  • BFIIenthusiast
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Black0utz wrote: »

Make it: "Doesn't earn points for 1-2 mins (exapt autopoints).

I had matches where I haven't killed or assist ANYONE for half the game (MTT destroy) but were 1st place.
    Then they would kick me.... and don't complain about camper...if you had them, shoot them. Thats it.

Good point, although you earn objective points while AFKing in GA, so score kicking would not work properly in that game mode. It would possibly be difficult to split autopoints from self erned points. But with something like that in addition to removing auto respawn/spawn, AFKing would be really something few would do. It would be impossible to AFK farmwithout overseeing the game or creating a machine to press the confirm button with. I doubt very many would go to those lenghts