criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

EA needs to add CLAN TAGS, RANKED CLAN PLAYLIST, and COMBAT RECORD to Multiplayer

I've been tweeting at EA about this almost everyday. In just about every shooter game I've played recently you've been able to have clan tags. I rarely look at GTs but I recognize Clan Tags pretty easily. You get use to seeing them and figure out who's decent or not very good. It's also more fun to know you beat down a clan vs a team of randoms. I think it would make others start to team up and possible make their own clan to get competitive juices going. Also let's say there's a really solid player on the opposite team of the clan team. They should know if they are just really getting out played by a bunch of randoms or if it's a clan. Maybe they held their own and wanna join up and see how they do with the clan. In game recruiting is always the easiest.

On top of this I'd like some kind of ranked clan play list for Strike mode. Also bring back Droid Run, that's the classic Domination/Amped Hardpoint style game mode. If the teams are 8, let's say you have to have at least 4 members to enter mode, just an example. Have a leaderboard as well. See your team rise, fall, hold the top spot. That would be fun IMO.

I'd also like to see a combat record of some kind. Kill / Death, Win / Lose, with ratio. Average points per minute. See what guns you have higher score per minute win, how many kills with each gun. Stuff like that. Make it so other players can see it too. I think this would get rid of that rubber band thing some too since a lot of people out there care about their KD.

These are just things I'd like to have.

Replies

• but this is a casual shooter for lone-wolfers... This game is not supposed to support Clans, scrims and so on...
  • Okay I'm totally with you with Clan Tags/Clans at all.

But K/D is *****.
    At galactic assault there are enough guys thinking they need a high K/D without reaching the goals.
    How about something like average points per game? This is much better than K/D.
    "Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -
  • da_9_el wrote: »
    but this is a casual shooter for lone-wolfers... This game is not supposed to support Clans, scrims and so on...

Who says it's for casual players only though? Why not provide something for the more competitive players as well? It shouldn't be hard to add clan tags. If you're getting beat down by a team, wouldn't you like to know if it's a bunch of randoms, or if it's a clan? If you're a solid player wouldn't you like to see if you can join them? I can't imagine it's fun just to go into every match and lose a bunch. Having a clan playlist would also take more of the competitive clans out of regular public matches and make those more enjoyable for those that want to just lonewolf it and play casual like you said.
  • Black0utz wrote: »
    Okay I'm totally with you with Clan Tags/Clans at all.

But K/D is ****.
    At galactic assault there are enough guys thinking they need a high K/D without reaching the goals.
    How about something like average points per game? This is much better than K/D.

I personally don't care about K/D as much as W/L ratio. I know the people I play with and myself have a high K/D but all are willing to die as many times as it takes to get the objective and win the game. We put winning above all else. Average points per game is great cause it's a real measuring stick on what a player contributed for the team to win. I think that's 2nd to winning IMO. Also add what is your avg points per game with each weapon, how many kills, accurate, etc, let's you know what you're more effective with. Also how many games played, how many MVPs, how many times in top 5 would be cool. K/D has always been in shooters and don't think it would be hard to add. I also think it would cut out some of these rubberband guys that aren't playing but stay in lobbies and lose matches just so they can farm credits. Kids really care about K/D and that's who I think is doing that.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The point being Clan tags are ALSO about showing off / abusing people in what should be a fun social gathering in a public game ? Clan tags are fine IF YOU HAVE clan specific modes etc it's easy enough to recognise coordinated groups with the massive advantage of multiple eyes/ears and Mics
  • The point being Clan tags are ALSO about showing off / abusing people in what should be a fun social gathering in a public game ? Clan tags are fine IF YOU HAVE clan specific modes etc it's easy enough to recognise coordinated groups with the massive advantage of multiple eyes/ears and Mics

Clan tags are also a way for 1 clan to identify another clan on the other team and see who's better. Competition is good, that's why all pro sports are popular and money makers. And who said this game is just for fun social gatherings? I didn't read that anywhere on the box when I bought it. I enjoy everyone in my clan that I play with because they're all great people to talk to and everyone gets along. Being someone that fits our group and cool to talk to is actually one of the requirements. I've turned down really good players just because they either don't talk, are annoying, or a ***** on the mic. We enjoy the game just like everyone else. Honestly in the end, what harm does it do?

Clan specific modes, that's another thing I want. Clan names are a lot easier to identify than individual GTs. So once you start to see them over time, you know if the clan is ok, or if you better put your A game on cause it's going to be a grind.
  • da_9_el wrote: »
    but this is a casual shooter for lone-wolfers... This game is not supposed to support Clans, scrims and so on...

That's ***** this game can be very competitive when played with teams. I think you just experienced casual players Lone wolfing.
  • G1Hexatron wrote: »
    The point being Clan tags are ALSO about showing off / abusing people in what should be a fun social gathering in a public game ? Clan tags are fine IF YOU HAVE clan specific modes etc it's easy enough to recognise coordinated groups with the massive advantage of multiple eyes/ears and Mics

Clan tags are also a way for 1 clan to identify another clan on the other team and see who's better. Competition is good, that's why all pro sports are popular and money makers. And who said this game is just for fun social gatherings? I didn't read that anywhere on the box when I bought it. I enjoy everyone in my clan that I play with because they're all great people to talk to and everyone gets along. Being someone that fits our group and cool to talk to is actually one of the requirements. I've turned down really good players just because they either don't talk, are annoying, or a ***** on the mic. We enjoy the game just like everyone else. Honestly in the end, what harm does it do?

Clan specific modes, that's another thing I want. Clan names are a lot easier to identify than individual GTs. So once you start to see them over time, you know if the clan is ok, or if you better put your A game on cause it's going to be a grind.

You are repeating yourself and kind of confirming my point. ...keep clans separate
  • G1Hexatron wrote: »

You are repeating yourself and kind of confirming my point. ...keep clans separate

Who does it harm? Was my last question. You never answered that. We're there in pub matches. What's the difference if we have a clan tag or not?