criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

A Key Flaw To This Game

Let me get this out there: I'm terrible at this game. I was terrible at SWBF 1.

But I don't understand why this game has to be like this. I've played for 92 hours so far and in Galatic Conquest, I've yet to play as a hero. I got close once -- at the very end -- after saving my points and getting lucky and then the round ended.

Right now, either the people with the hacks or who are superstars get to play as the heroes and rack up impressive point totals and enjoy the full splendor of your creation. Me, I'm just cannon fodder, round after round.

This is not escapism. If I'm playing a game, I want the chance to play as a hero, to have some fun. I don't want to play a game that repeats my real life as just an untalented drone. Who said the paramount concern with this new game was to reward the best players? That's just flawed, in my humble opinion.

Yes, I know I could play other games or in Arcade. But I'm taking about Galatic Conquest.

In my humble opinion, this just isn't fun. I just wanted to say I've nearly given up on this game.

SWBF 1's random hero pickups were silly, but there was at least some chance that a regular person could get them.

Replies

• RedReVenge
    1215 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    YepDoggy wrote: »
    Let me get this out there: I'm terrible at this game. I was terrible at SWBF 1.

But I don't understand why this game has to be like this. I've played for 92 hours so far and in Galatic Conquest, I've yet to play as a hero. I got close once -- at the very end -- after saving my points and getting lucky and then the round ended.

Right now, either the people with the hacks or who are superstars get to play as the heroes and rack up impressive point totals and enjoy the full splendor of your creation. Me, I'm just cannon fodder, round after round.

This is not escapism. If I'm playing a game, I want the chance to play as a hero, to have some fun. I don't want to play a game that repeats my real life as just an untalented drone. Who said the paramount concern with this new game was to reward the best players? That's just flawed, in my humble opinion.

Yes, I know I could play other games or in Arcade. But I'm taking about Galatic Conquest.

In my humble opinion, this just isn't fun. I just wanted to say I've nearly given up on this game.

SWBF 1's random hero pickups were silly, but there was at least some chance that a regular person could get them.

My suggestion would be to play the objective hard. Getting the Hero on walker maps is very easy if you play the objective (on defense).

Example: On Hoth, focus on the torpedos on the right-side of the map. After the walker is about 1/3 the way there, the Ion Torpedos will get new locations. Go to the Torpedo furthest to the right.ht is very easy to get points. Pick it up and you can literally just shoot it right there. Below I have a video of the strategy that I'm talking about. Go to 2:50 to see.

Once the walkers are 2/3 the way there, the torpedos will get new spawn positions. This time you will want to grab the middle torpedo. Go to 4:48 to see.

Hope this helps!

RR
  • Well, I'm an high average player I guess. I'm most of the time in the top 5 of my team, always Top 10.
    I don't always get heroes, but when I don't, I don't deserve them at all.

In my opinion you have to fight for the things you want and if you want to play a hero, you have to be a better player.
    Like, come on. You don't need to kill other player to earn points. I played as a Rey (8000 Points) without killing/assisting a single time. Only by doing the goals (In this case it was shooting the MTT).

As you said: If you want to play the heroes, play arcade. Or earn them.
    Why do you think you deserve them in the MP, when you haven't done anything for your team than getting killed?
    Thats how MP work...If you are good, you get rewards (heroes).
    "Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -