criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I'm to the point I want my money back!

Prev1
Seriously. This is nothing but a broken game with terrible lag that makes the game unplayable; poor execution for in-game progression; and no spirit or excitement that is Star Wars. I think that those of us who pre-ordered the digital copy for consoles, should be given a refund option. I feel ripped-off, and cheated, and lied to from EA and DICE. I've never felt so infuriated and frustrated over a video game's delivery and presentation in all my gaming life that goes back to the 70's.

Replies

• unlikely you could get a refund on digital copy. but anyway the lesson here is never pre-order a game if you are not confident in it. There is always the option to wait until after launch when more information is available to decide to purchase or not. Those who pre-order take a gamble. I liked BF2015 so i preordered this one. the game itself is pretty good. way more fun heroes and i like its multi era. Id give them until the end of the year to see what they come up with for fixes with the progression system. last jedi will be out soon and most expect a content drop with some fixes included. the lag has been bad yes and its a massive problem. DICE need to communicate what they are doing to fix it much faster than they did. I hope you can find fun in the game soon.
  • ivam
    70 posts Member
    Excessive use of hyperbole. Likely not true :) just take a chill pill and play all the other AAA star wars fps.

Lol
  • ivam wrote: »
    Excessive use of hyperbole. Likely not true :) just take a chill pill and play all the other AAA star wars fps.

Lol

Likely not true?! You live in a cave? Take a look at the bug report threads, and issues in this forum. You probably work for EA!
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Seriously. This is nothing but a broken game with terrible lag that makes the game unplayable; poor execution for in-game progression; and no spirit or excitement that is Star Wars. I think that those of us who pre-ordered the digital copy for consoles, should be given a refund option. I feel ripped-off, and cheated, and lied to from EA and DICE. I've never felt so infuriated and frustrated over a video game's delivery and presentation in all my gaming life that goes back to the 70's.

Contact Support.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Seriously. This is nothing but a broken game with terrible lag that makes the game unplayable; poor execution for in-game progression; and no spirit or excitement that is Star Wars. I think that those of us who pre-ordered the digital copy for consoles, should be given a refund option. I feel ripped-off, and cheated, and lied to from EA and DICE. I've never felt so infuriated and frustrated over a video game's delivery and presentation in all my gaming life that goes back to the 70's.

If your last sentence is remotely true you are the luckiest gamer in history if this is he most disappointed you've ever been by a game.
  • If your last sentence is remotely true you are the luckiest gamer in history if this is he most disappointed you've ever been by a game.

Yes, very true. Have I ever been disappointed with other games? Yes, indeed. But 'infuriated and frustrated' like with this game? Never!

• stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    in the end it is a video game. its about entertainment. i dont know if ive ever gotten a refund on a game. if the game really sucks i will trade it back somewhere and cut my losses. This is why you should only buy digital if you are really confident it is a game you will play a lot. if you have questions about the game better to buy the disc version and if it ends up sucking you have an option to trade back somewhere possibly for half price (if you have it a short time). mostly if a game sucks i just move on. no sense in losing my mind over it. i get upset for a bit but i have so many games still in the catalog i have not gotten to or only paritally completed there is always something else to pivot to. And usually life plays a role as well. dont always have a lot of time for gaming so when i do i want to make it count. dont waste your time with bad games.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    This is why you should only buy digital if you are really confident it is a game you will play a lot.

That was the reason I bought the digital version. I was planning on playing it a lot, but it's unplayable because of the lag.
  • id wait a little longer then. the lag is a known issue and i cannot imagine they will let it continue through new content release like Last Jedi. it would totally overshadow the rest of the good content they might have. bf2015 had this too soemtimes but not consistently like this. then again its not happening to everyone. most of my games have been fine the last few days. earlier it was pretty bad on most maps.

Lol

Likely not true?! You live in a cave? Take a look at the bug report threads, and issues in this forum. You probably work for EA!

Ah yes. Words spoken by someone who is obviously in a reasonable state of mind.

/s
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Seriously. This is nothing but a broken game with terrible lag that makes the game unplayable; poor execution for in-game progression; and no spirit or excitement that is Star Wars. I think that those of us who pre-ordered the digital copy for consoles, should be given a refund option. I feel ripped-off, and cheated, and lied to from EA and DICE. I've never felt so infuriated and frustrated over a video game's delivery and presentation in all my gaming life that goes back to the 70's.

The game is great.

#gitgud

• Lonnisity wrote: »
    ivam wrote: »

Lol

/s

:D
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    Pandemeck wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Lol

/s

:D

:wink:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• It's always interesting to see these threads. Especially when one of my friends got hit pretty hard from the lag two nights ago. Unfortunately, he's always faced some pretty bad lag regardless of the games we played. Not sure if he upgraded his internet, but him lagging up a storm got him pretty miffed. Meanwhile I'm experiencing minimal latency problems. So it's interesting as to what exactly could be causing it for those experiencing latency and lag issues.

Not a productive comment from me, no, but hey. Just more for me to ponder on I suppose.
  • I can agree with you that the game is broken. Especially the constant lag and freezing ruins the game, i like it but i cant play it with all those problems.
  • It's always interesting to see these threads. Especially when one of my friends got hit pretty hard from the lag two nights ago. Unfortunately, he's always faced some pretty bad lag regardless of the games we played. Not sure if he upgraded his internet, but him lagging up a storm got him pretty miffed. Meanwhile I'm experiencing minimal latency problems. So it's interesting as to what exactly could be causing it for those experiencing latency and lag issues.

Not a productive comment from me, no, but hey. Just more for me to ponder on I suppose.

I didn’t get hit by the lag I kept reading about at launch. Occasionally I’d rubberband but nothing that would bother me. Since this TLJ stuff dropped in rubber banding all over the place.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Thank you for sharing. I know how your friend feels. I have a relative who is having the same issues with the game and she's at the point of getting "miffed" as well.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »

The game is great.

#gitgud

Truth is spoken by redrevenge . #gitgud
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    RedReVenge wrote: »

The game is great.

#gitgud

EA needs to #gitgud at fixing their servers.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Bravo-November7
    450 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »

The game is great.

#gitgud

EA needs to #gitgud at fixing thier servers.

This! :D
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

The game is great.

#gitgud

LOL
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    It's always interesting to see these threads. Especially when one of my friends got hit pretty hard from the lag two nights ago. Unfortunately, he's always faced some pretty bad lag regardless of the games we played. Not sure if he upgraded his internet, but him lagging up a storm got him pretty miffed. Meanwhile I'm experiencing minimal latency problems. So it's interesting as to what exactly could be causing it for those experiencing latency and lag issues.

I didn’t get hit by the lag I kept reading about at launch. Occasionally I’d rubberband but nothing that would bother me. Since this TLJ stuff dropped in rubber banding all over the place.

Yea, same thing with me. Maybe a few minutes of unobtrusive rubberbanding then smooth sailing for the next few matches I play. Then I see others rubberbanding pretty hard.

It's always interesting to see these threads. Especially when one of my friends got hit pretty hard from the lag two nights ago. Unfortunately, he's always faced some pretty bad lag regardless of the games we played. Not sure if he upgraded his internet, but him lagging up a storm got him pretty miffed. Meanwhile I'm experiencing minimal latency problems. So it's interesting as to what exactly could be causing it for those experiencing latency and lag issues.

Thank you for sharing. I know how your friend feels. I have a relative who is having the same issues with the game and she's at the point of getting "miffed" as well.

It's odd. It really is. It's one of the few things I wouldn't wish on an enemy... as lame as that sounds. So the next question is does this happen to you and your friend with other games or this is just an isolated event? If it's isolated, then surely DICE is working hard at it. Remember how long it took to fix Battlefield 4? While I doubt 0 latency is technologically impossible across the board, at least we have a developer that genuinely does care. My best example is Battlefield 4 at launch compared to BF4 now.
  • Scout1998 wrote: »
    I can agree with you that the game is broken. Especially the constant lag and freezing ruins the game, i like it but i cant play it with all those problems.

Glad to hear I'm not an isolated case that feels the same.
  • It's odd. It really is. It's one of the few things I wouldn't wish on an enemy... as lame as that sounds. So the next question is does this happen to you and your friend with other games or this is just an isolated event?

My relative is West coast local with a new PS4 and has no other problems with other multiplayer games. We lag, rubberband, and freeze in all the game modes. A lot of times now, we freeze and jump far ahead on the map within a few seconds at the same time. I also played with another guy in Brazil on the Virginia ping because their Brazil ping he said does not connect well. On the Virginia ping, he say it's better, but the same game issues starting happening on there. So this is an isolated event with just this game.
  • 0Skywalker
    592 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree the game is broken in a lot of ways, at points I too really wish I didn't preorder the deluxe version, but I still have hopes the game will change for the better. I have not given up on it yet, though I'm walking a thin rope on giving up completely on it.
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    I agree the game is broken in a lot of ways, at points I too really wish I didn't preorder the deluxe version, but I still have hopes the game will change for the better. I have not given up on it yet, though I'm walking a thin rope on giving up completely on it.

I'm sorry to hear that. How you feel now was the point I was at a week ago. But now I'm traveling that thin rope.

The game is great.

#gitgud

Awesome.
  • Still having a **** blast on PC having now reached 184 hours of play time. Had minimal lag only for like 3 or 4 days, occasionally still have a lagshyyyk match every now and then, but overall the game is very playable for me.

I feel sorry for you guys, you deserve to have the best experience. I hope they fix this really soon, I know I would be very frustrated myself if the game was unplayable for me.

Lol

My lag is fixed as of over a week ago.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member

Lol

Same.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• What platform? You absolutely can get a refund on a digital copy, at least on Xbox you can. If you contact customer support and don’t take no for an answer, and you’ve exhausted all options for help, they will give you a ‘one time per year’ refund. I did this with Forza 6 two months after release due to horrific online experiences. Contact them online through their website and chat via text.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • If your last sentence is remotely true you are the luckiest gamer in history if this is he most disappointed you've ever been by a game.

Yes, very true. Have I ever been disappointed with other games? Yes, indeed. But 'infuriated and frustrated' like with this game? Never!

It comes with the territory, the first BF took time and so will this.
    It has great potential, but we will see what they do with it.
    For Me personally, the most disappointing game I bought recently was the updated 'DOOM' what a piece of crap
  • Bit OTT I feel ... what's wrong with the single player / offline stuff?

I'm really enjoying the Campaign, no lag problems there.

If a computer game that didn't live up to your expectations is the worst thing you have to contend with today, count yourself lucky!

Digital copy? You're hosed. I took the bait hook line and sinker too. We login daily to get a few crafting parts and points spend a few minutes tinkering around then log back into BF2015 or another game. Take it as a lesson. Always, always always buy the hard copy.

The game is great.

#gitgud

Or speaking out of their Rrse . Lag is very real in this game for many...many mode kills/defeats are just random luck ...perhaps come back to it when it gets reports of improvement?

Lol

Same!
  • i really regret i bought the game because in my first two weeks the game was unplayable.. microtransactions and a gambling system with no way around it to progress.. and some bugs and LIES also
    tVsNOoH.gif
  • Can someone please give him his money back so this thread can die.
  • N00NIAN wrote: »
    Can someone please give him his money back so this thread can die.

this is really unnecessary
    tVsNOoH.gif
  • N00NIAN wrote: »
    Can someone please give him his money back so this thread can die.

this is really unnecessary

I want him to get his money back...I honestly do. I don’t want this dude playing this game lol.
  • Give it another two weeks before you jump ship
  • Get out. Bye, Felicia.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    Get out. Bye, Felicia.

#CallSupportFelicia

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• These threads shouldn't exist, these forums are meant for discussion about the actual game. You can simply search online on how to get a refund.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • OP wants attention is all. "Please feel sorry for me!" He doesn't want a refund, he wants to complain and get other complainers on board.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Xbox One here and have had maybe two matches with consistent lag. Not blaming you, but how's your internet connection?
  • Ill take a refund too.
  • OP wants attention is all. "Please feel sorry for me!" He doesn't want a refund, he wants to complain and get other complainers on board.

Yep.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    OP wants attention is all. "Please feel sorry for me!" He doesn't want a refund, he wants to complain and get other complainers on board.

Yep.

Rekt I’m going to make a post about “I personally am done with McDonald’s because Burger King”. That's gonna be the title. See how that goes. Apparently people think we get karma around here for upvotes lol.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Guess you should have waited for reviews before buying...