criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please scrape the arrow off my butt

I get why there’s a ‘this guy killed you’ or ‘this guy did damage to your ship’ arrow in SA, but can we get them nerfed a bit?

Like it could flash up orange at the start of the round but then fade, so only the most attentive and determined player is coming for their vengeance.

Same with the target arrow. If I fly up up an absolute evasive masterclass I’ve still got a big red arrow on my butt that says ‘HAHAHA HE’S OVER HERE ROFL’ that means I’m flying in circles until they get bored.

Replies

• Pandemeck
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I have to agree, while I do love to get revenge on a player after a death it really is silly to have a marker over him letting you know where he is and vice versa.
  • Yeah... this is usually how my Hero ship streak ends.... I **** off the entire team and probably every player has the "revenge" thing tagged to me and eventually they are literally all chasing me down until I can't do anything but die.

Its slightly entertaining but at the same time it can get old if you're good at protecting the objective by stomping out the other team.
  • Yeah... this is usually how my Hero ship streak ends.... I **** off the entire team and probably every player has the "revenge" thing tagged to me and eventually they are literally all chasing me down until I can't do anything but die.

Its slightly entertaining but at the same time it can get old if you're good at protecting the objective by stomping out the other team.

Just use Boba lol. When they are all raging and chasing you, drop your Seismic Charge and watch the killfeed. :trollface:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah... this is usually how my Hero ship streak ends.... I **** off the entire team and probably every player has the "revenge" thing tagged to me and eventually they are literally all chasing me down until I can't do anything but die.

Doesn't help there's a challenge related to killing hero ships with the fighter class. I know whenever I see (or get killed) by a hero it becomes my goal to hunt them down with a fighter because it's a situational challenge. That's also a trophy/achievement.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.

Just use Boba lol. When they are all raging and chasing you, drop your Seismic Charge and watch the killfeed. :trollface:

I did that the other day and it was epic. I think I got like a good 5 players at once haha. I didn't even realize I had that many guys chasing me until the kills came up.
  • Agree with both. The regular arrow makes it impossible to shake and revenge is a toxic gameplay element that gets old quick.

Want this thread to get more attention.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Agree with both. The regular arrow makes it impossible to shake and revenge is a toxic gameplay element that gets old quick.

I'm constantly having 1v1 rage battles with 1 player on the other team, where they are constantly targeting only me and I am constantly targeting only them.
  • I 100% agree with this
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    I do like the fact we have the opportunity for revenge kills. Perhaps it should timeout? Also, I do believe it goes away if the player dies.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I do like the fact we have the opportunity for revenge kills. Perhaps it should timeout? Also, I do believe it goes away if the player dies.
    That would be a good comprise. Like he mentioned if it just faded out.

Danxoln wrote: »
    Agree with both. The regular arrow makes it impossible to shake and revenge is a toxic gameplay element that gets old quick.

I'm constantly having 1v1 rage battles with 1 player on the other team, where they are constantly targeting only me and I am constantly targeting only them.
    Wow. I haven’t had it that bad but maybe it’s just I don’t notice it.
  • Danxoln wrote: »

I’ve had loads of these. All sense of the objective goes out of the window because we’re both just saltily blowing each other up over and over.