criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Oh come. This is ridiculous. 3 duplicates?!?!

This is ridiculous. There are so many hero star cards that I have not unlocked.

Duplicates.jpg

Replies

• VoodooKing wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. There are so many hero star cards that I have not unlocked.

Duplicates.jpg

hey could be worse, i got duplicates and didn't even get the credits
    tenor.gif
  • Nihil
    121 posts Member
    Same.
    Sometimes 4 duplicates and a little scrap.
    Even statistically it should be almost impossible to have so many dups.

They are doing it intentionally to extend the grind.
    Pathetic
  • Jhereg_Faux
    33 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Get use to it. I couldn't tell you how many boxes have given me nothing but dupes and credit/crafting parts, but its been a **** load.
  • I’ve become so irritated at the dupes that I moved on to unlocking heroes I don’t even plan to play.
  • Once you start getting more cards you are going to be getting A LOT of duplicates. It's not like it specifically caters to you and what star cards you need.
  • Once you start getting more cards you are going to be getting A LOT of duplicates. It's not like it specifically caters to you and what star cards you need.

oh for god sake grow up , play the game for fun who cares about cards etc , they should have just given a selection of all the weapons you can mix and match and that's it , the rest of the time they should be putting out new maps for both single and multi player ,also make the heroes and villains unable to play galactic assault and all they can play is heroes vs villains as they are **** over powered against the normal players end of story
  • Johnnt
    7 posts Member
    edited December 11
    I dont understand why everyone complains about this. I get my star cards by crafting them with crafting points and i get those on the crates.

(Mod edit- profanity removed)
    Post edited by XXXO77O4906 on
  • RedReVenge
    404 posts Member
    edited December 10
    Once you get a lot of cards, you should come in with the mentality that your credits will be spent on Hero crates for crafting parts.

I've been at this stage for about 3 weeks now.

2200 credits = 35 OR 50 crafting parts. If you're lucky, you might get an uncommon/rare in your purchases.
  • Tsk, that's probably the Panini card principle behind it - cards do not have equal chances there are common ones and rare ones. So you end up with 100 cards for Bobba before you get one for Luke. A tried system since 1961 when Panini soccer collection cards did exactly that. Not sure if they borrowed the idea from the US or vice versa but that kind of uneven distributed collection has been around for aaaaages. Alas, Panini never gave you a refund and no spare parts to craft a missing card ^^
  • I've had four duplicates more times than I can count. And I have an absolute ton of cards that still need unlocking.

I still can't believe they give you a small amount of credits, instead of crafting parts (well I can, because this is EA, but you know what I mean), and it is equally ridiculous that there is no way to use credits to directly purchase crafting parts, but so far we're stuck with what we're stuck with.
  • You actually want duplicates and crafting parts. That's the only way to game the system in your favor. I receive between 200-1200 credits induplicates every crate, averaging about 600-800 per crate. Meaning I'm spending a lot less for these crates. I am receiving 35-60 crafting parts per crate. So I'm basically paying for crafting parts. The exchange rate sucks, but I still get to choose which cards I want and when to upgrade them instead of relying on the luck of the draw. I'm just playing by the rules laid out in front of me. As a bonus, my heroes are hooked up. Besides, when buying any of the other crates, they cost more and rarely give you cards associated with said crate. Why do Starfighter crates give hero cards (Millennium Falcon upgrades) instead of Starfighter cards? Same goes for the other crates. The system is broken, so make it work for you.