criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Wookiees on Kashyyyk

Levo
238 posts Member
Did anyone else noticed that the wookiees cost only 2000 BP instead 3000 when playing on Kashyyyk? Are there any more reinforcements Discounts on specific Maps?
Xbox GT: Levo18

Replies

• MWB33
    1369 posts Member
    Haven't paid that close attention to it, but it's not a big surprise. It's similar to how the Hero cost is lower for the era-appropriate heroes/villains each map.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Wookiees should be limited to Kashyyyk imo, not sure it is respectful of canon to have them across all 3 era's :p but yeah they are cheaper on Kashyyyk
  • I noticed today that they were 2000 battlepoints on Kashyyyk, figured they just lowered the cost of them on all maps
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • i think for more balance deatmatch wookies and evey other power trooper cost more points
  • threads like these make me question alot about people's intelligence..

Has the thought never occurred to any of you that they cost less because it's part of their era?

Wrong era heroes/reinforcements cost more.
  • Mastahpeece
    1913 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Midice wrote: »
    threads like these make me question alot about people's intelligence..

Has the thought never occurred to any of you that they cost less because it's part of their era?

Wrong era heroes/reinforcements cost more.

All the reinforcements except Wookiees are already accurate to their era
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I love the inclusion of this.

Also, if you didn’t know B2 are also 2000 on Kashyyk to compensate.
  • I hadn't noticed this, but that's awesome. Just one more nicely done little detail that reinforces my belief that this game is really a labor of love for the Developers. The sun on Starkiller base darkening as phases progress, citizens fleeing as matches start, map areas replicated exactly from movie sets, stuff like that. Makes me way more willing to give them some slack on other elements that aren't as accurate.

Which segues nicely into the issue of Wookiees being Canon or not.

I don't mind seeing Wookiees as often as we do on Clone Wars era battles, they were citizens of the Galaxy back then just like everyone else. A possible solution for those who feel it's a problem might be to replace Wookiees with ARC Troopers on some maps, which I had thought was the plan for the ARC Troopers. But recent leaks and rumors have suggested that the ARC Troopers are going to get their own resource, called the Sentinels (which I posted about in a separate thread that no one is responding to - LOL).

But it has seemed a little odd and jarring to see so many Wookiees running around in Galactic Civil War era battles, since the vast majority of Wookiees at that time were imprisoned in labor camps on Kashyyyk and elsewhere, building the Death Star and so on. I've been trying to think of it as just that the small percentage of Wookiees that hadn't been enslaved where extra likely to want to join the Rebellion and fight the Empire, so maybe they were over-represented.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing another Enforcer type for the Rebels, equal to the Wookiees and balanced with them, and have the Wookiees still there but costing maybe 4000.
  • Mastahpeece
    1913 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    That said, I wouldn't mind seeing another Enforcer type for the Rebels, equal to the Wookiees and balanced with them, and have the Wookiees still there but costing maybe 4000.

Gigorans or Bothans would be cool
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png