criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

What on earth Dice??!?

I stayed on for 3 galactic assault matches where I saw the top 3 of the opposing side not only rack up a ludicrous number of kills compared to the rest of the players on both sides but the server never scrambled them.
I mean one guy had 50 kills and the highest on the opposite team had 12. Sure some of the kills were from vehicles but this defies statistics. These weren't lucky vehicle/hero kills either because it went on for 3 straight matches.

It was so bad by the 3rd match 5 out of the 20 players on the losing team raged quit and didn't bother to stick around to collect credits and this was near the end of a match where the defenders were being steamrolled. And I didn't see a lot of purple cards on the OP players either.

Typically statistical outliers indicate cheaters but even if they were hacking why didn't the server break up team rosters by the 2nd match?

It's never a good sign when you see an opponent at the same time as he sees you but before you can press left-click your dead. This tells me some serious hacks are going on in this game. I have over 80 hours in this game so I can tell a aimbot hack when I see one. Thankfully it doesn't happen a lot.

It's almost 2018 and we still have a AAA FPS with no: player report buttons, avoid player buttons, team balancing based on stats, Autobalance after every match. This is sad.

Logic would have the server match up all the OP/hacking players teamed against each other. Wouldn't be that hard if you went by type and number of kills and use the playerbase statistics to find the outliers.

PS
For those that aren't familiar with probability and statistics, outliers are those values that are way beyond the expected averages of a given dataset. In other words they are abnormal and indicate cheaters or superhuman players with godlike reflexes (really don't exist). In any case they could be ID'd very easily given today's stat collecting capabilities of a typical FPS.

Replies

• Go play galactic starfigter. Ships with no cards and no offensive abilities lead the scoreboards for hours. It happens all the time. It's in the game.
  • There’s a good chance people are partying up and it doesn’t not split those players up.

The matchmaking is quite awful though, if it even exists. I’ve stayed in consecutive matches and seen the teams stay exactly the same for over 4 games.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • neostar wrote: »

It's almost 2018 and we still have a AAA FPS with no: player report buttons, avoid player buttons, team balancing based on stats, Autobalance after every match. This is sad.

I agree with most of this. Autobalance after a round ends - Yes! Autobalance during a round where you yank someone off a winning team, they are likely to quit resulting in more imbalance.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    There’s a good chance people are partying up and it doesn’t not split those players up.

The matchmaking is quite awful though, if it even exists. I’ve stayed in consecutive matches and seen the teams stay exactly the same for over 4 games.

I've noticed the lack of autobalancing too. Hopefully they address this soon.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • There is no team scramble even after both sides have been played. If your team has stomped the enemy and the good guys don't leave, the pubstomping will keep going until they either leave, or good opponent(s) join
  • Dash
    11615 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I’ll give you an example. If you ever see me in a match, chances are if you don’t see my clan tag team members, there’s still 9 more people grouped with me. There are scrambling of teams, just doesn’t affect the groups that large. Party up! Group up and communicate. I do it daily and it’s a ton of fun! But let it be known there IS team scrambling. You just don’t notice it against large groups partied up.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Large groups should be paired against other large groups.
  • Dash
    11615 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »

I understand the thought, but this would divide the game like last game was. The last thing we need is the competitive players in one pocket, and casuals in the other divide. Neither side benefits, especially the casuals. The game will become stale and Hey won’t have motivation to become better and fight harder. This is the truth. No way around it. It’s not about elitism either, it’s about keeping everyone together. There’s a method to the mayhem.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Matchmaking needs improvement.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member

I understand the thought, but this would divide the game like last game was. The last thing we need is the competitive players in one pocket, and casuals in the other divide. Neither side benefits, especially the casuals. The game will become stale and Hey won’t have motivation to become better and fight harder. This is the truth. No way around it. It’s not about elitism either, it’s about keeping everyone together. There’s a method to the mayhem.

Casuals want to play other casuals.

I would think parties would want to play other parties just for a competitive game.

Randoms playing against a group is never a fair fight, especially with no way to coordinate for the randoms.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11615 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Casuals want to play other casuals.

I would think parties would want to play other parties just for a competitive game.

Randoms playing against a group is never a fair fight, especially with no way to coordinate for the randoms.

We can agree to disagree on what the games match making should be like. I respect your opinion.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You can’t balance a game where better players rewarded with even better reinforcements and heroes.

Don’t get me wrong, battle point system is a lot better than tokens. But it has a snowball effect. Better side will get better equipment sooner and will crush other side harder. You can’t fix that.
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Auto-Balance was turned off in the First Patch

Whether Intentionally or Unintentionally
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Also too quick to call on hacking, some players are just really good at aiming accurately and shooting in milliseconds.
  • neostar
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    "Also too quick to call on hacking, some players are just really good at aiming accurately and shooting in milliseconds."

Well do the math, if you know prob and stats you know something ain't right.

I just came back from a strike match (does a better job at team balancing than assault).
    From two teams of 8
    The lead player from each team had 40 plus kills.
    The 2nd place players had 22 and 24 kills each.
    Everyone else trails down in kills in a normal statistical pattern as to be expected.

Those two players having 40 plus kills in a mode that does not have the no skill/kill racking heroes and vehicles should tell you right there that there is an aimbot problem.
    In this match where I had 20 kills, on two occasions with the 3000 pt heavy with 350health I was headshotted in less than a second by an officer class ( I know all about the blurg, i use it). Keep in mind we were both doing the side to side dance of death (why accuracy doesn't tank during the dance is beyond me).

It's clear to me this guy had an aimbot going. It's also easy to tell because sometimes they jump like a bunny all the while making headshots because they know they can thanks to the aimbot.
  • Hanzo wrote: »

Overwatch does this so why can't the devs at Dice?
    I have hundreds of hours in overwatch and I am very impressed with the team balancing when it comes to groups (randoms are a different matter). What I saw every time was that as groups formed up after a steamroll match, they maybe got one more win as a team before they met their match by another group that proceeded to either decimate or make it a struggle.

And no this game would not get stale, it would actually get better if every match was close and enjoyably competitive.
    My most satisfying matches in this game (and in others) is when it's very close at the end. I don't care if I lost as long as the fight was close, fair and satisfying.
  • richcz3 wrote: »
    neostar wrote: »

I agree with most of this. Autobalance after a round ends - Yes! Autobalance during a round where you yank someone off a winning team, they are likely to quit resulting in more imbalance.

Looks like my words aren't making sense to you. Match means all rounds included. I would never expect a team being scrambled in between rounds that would not make sense or be fair.
  • neostar
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I remember after the recent patch went live, I was having a blast playing close fair matches and actually not dying in miliseconds. I would have epic toe to toe blaster fights sometimes ending in both dying. Then just a couple of days later the hacks came back with a vengence. I was then getting killed by instant headshots and wondering why can't Dice just automatch all the hackers together and let them grief each other? Why?

And after a simple search you find this on youtube: