criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Buff heroes

Make them more resistant to blaster fire so they don't get shot to half health in between blocking and using an ability..

Seriously, the enemy can just drain your health when your in the middle of an animation to force pull or choke etc.

Replies

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    No. Most heroes are just fine and can dominate if you don't run around like a maniac... the only one who really is awful right now is Kylo as his abilities don't always work, they put him in harms way, and he has no ability to heal or really reduce his damage taken... other than that, heroes are pretty powerful as far as survival goes (i have had 70+ killstreaks with Vader, Leia, and Palpatine). If I take Vader in galactic assault, he will basically never die unless I really screw up, or I purposely sacrifice him to stop a countdown or something like that.
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    OP must be either trolling, truly awful or after the most hilarious forum post 2017 award
  • Octavarius wrote: »
    OP must be either trolling, truly awful or after the most hilarious forum post 2017 award

+1
    A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
  • There are legitimate complaints that people have about heroes. That said, heroes are not as bad as they may initially seem to many players. They just aren't the same as they were in SWBF1, that's all.
  • im not trolling for a reason

1) a rolly boi with a shotgun can 1v1 a jedi master /sith lord
    2) the lag delay when casting an ability allows a moment of vulnerability thus being damaged heavily.

so a reasonable buff of either higher health regen or resistance during the casting animation would be helpful without making them broken.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    No. Most heroes are just fine and can dominate if you don't run around like a maniac... the only one who really is awful right now is Kylo as his abilities don't always work, they put him in harms way, and he has no ability to heal or really reduce his damage taken... other than that, heroes are pretty powerful as far as survival goes (i have had 70+ killstreaks with Vader, Leia, and Palpatine). If I take Vader in galactic assault, he will basically never die unless I really screw up, or I purposely sacrifice him to stop a countdown or something like that.

and yeah if you're any person with skill just dominating incompetent enemies (like ive known you've done) it is super easy to get super high kill streaks. Play against any competent team and see the day/night of difference.

and yeah if you're any person with skill just dominating incompetent enemies (like ive known you've done) it is super easy to get super high kill streaks. Play against any competent team and see the day/night of difference.

Very true
  • 1_Rep_Max
    535 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    MrNolz wrote: »
    Octavarius wrote: »

+1

+2 The heroes are just fine as-is. The amount of times I’ve been on the losing end of a GA match when the opposing team had every available hero at their disposal attacking and/or defending the objective is simply ludicrous.

Additionally, the new BP system that catered to the complainers who couldn’t earn enough points to unlock a hero during a match makes it a near certainty that if your team is lucky enough to eliminate one, guaranteed that same player will immediately come back with the same hero, fresh, undamaged and ready to go.....

Either leave heroes alone OR if they get buffed make them harder to obtain by reinstating the original BP tables that made heroes difficult to obtain in a match.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    MrNolz wrote: »
    Octavarius wrote: »

+1

Either leave heroes alone OR if they get buffed make them harder to obtain by reinstating the original BP tables that made heroes difficult to obtain in a match.

Harder to obtain I would agree with.

GA usually is a hero fest on the last stage. Just stand back and dodge the fireworks !!! ;)

A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
  • also the console vs pc is a huge difference between wrecking and been drestroyed in 2 secs.
  • I mean the only real way to do well with a saber hero is play super passive or have a dash attack and dash in and out. Idk if buff is the right answer but id definatly say a change is due.

I have played nearly 300 hours at this point... I have played completely awful teams with half AFK, as well as very good teams with half the team being from the same clan and i'm sure on voice... My results with heroes were largely the same (lower numbers killstreak-wise against organized teams as I usually had to play objectives more rather than just run around destroying people); the principle difference being that against organized teams, those teams would use multiple heroes to attempt to coordinate to take my hero down... this does not mean that my hero is "weak" and in need of a buff. In my experience, the strong heroes (palpatine, vader, leia, bossk, rey, yoda) consistently played well regardless of my opposition... palpatine in particular was devastating against clans I have played because they tend to move around closer together which lends itself to being mass killed by chain lightning and force lightning spam cleave.