criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

It’s Blast Sunday!

2Next

Replies

• Mako
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    everyone at EA is off on Sunday i bet, even the community managers. So all they could come up with for the event, is the new title screen for the Blast mode.
  • So, great. Blast Sunday is the map rotation reduced to 3 maps. I'd be somewhat ok with this if it actually affected the competing factions, as in it locked the First Order to the First Order and Resistance to the Resistance and then the wins from each team increases the wins on your faction in general.

BUT that would make sense and give the factions an actual purpose and we wouldn't want that, right?
  • Mako wrote: »
    everyone at EA is off on Sunday i bet, even the community managers. So all they could come up with for the event, is the new title screen for the Blast mode.

A title screen that makes no sense, you can't use heroes in Blast.
  • So, great. Blast Sunday is the map rotation reduced to 3 maps. I'd be somewhat ok with this if it actually affected the competing factions, as in it locked the First Order to the First Order and Resistance to the Resistance and then the wins from each team increases the wins on your faction in general.

BUT that would make sense and give the factions an actual purpose and we wouldn't want that, right?
    +1

The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!

Bahaha, good catch.

like i said " thye are all off" and probably asked their office janitor to add something into the game while he was there on a Sunday cleaning their office.
    Mako wrote: »

like i said " thye are all off" and probably asked their office janitor to add something into the game while he was there on a Sunday cleaning their office.
    They have been off a lot longer than just Sunday. It's been like 10 days since we heard anything.

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • A title screen that makes no sense, you can't use heroes in Blast.
    this !

• Less maps and no rewards. Brilliant EA!
  • All it does is give you a 3 map rotation of Starkiller, Jakku and Takodana... I am even less likely to play blast now because I hate all those maps and playing the same 3 all day would get boring fast anyway. I mean, at least give us a credit boost or something...

Just played Blast... On hoth... this event makes no sense
  • If I just play arcade today, you know, with regular XP, no extra reward and just Starkiller base... does this day becomes "Arcade Sunday" for me? I'm so confused...
  • I hope you're all enjoying your blast Sunday
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Get ready for next Sundays event....BlastER Sunday!! Use a blaster...ANY blaster....just, why not???

Blaster Sunday!
  • I enjoyed playing battlefront today had no lags so far got all multiplayer milestones and crafted the last epic star card on my heavy trooper. If the game runs without lags it is really fun to play! But a challenge would have been nice..
  • Poor EA, they hardly try try so hard to please us, but they always fail so miserably.

giphy.gif

• Somewhere in a ditch someone responsible at Dice is waking up with a serious hangover and going "oh poop, was this the day the thing was supposed to be?"
  • Blackwolfe wrote: »
    Somewhere in a ditch someone responsible at Dice is waking up with a serious hangover and going "oh poop, was this the day the thing was supposed to be?"

"Who put this event on a Sunday? There's no one at the office to start the event..."
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    Blackwolfe wrote: »
    Somewhere in a ditch someone responsible at Dice is waking up with a serious hangover and going "oh poop, was this the day the thing was supposed to be?"

"Who put this event on a Sunday? There's no one at the office to start the event..."

"No worries, bob can handle it, he is at the office. Or no wait, he is right beside me in this ditch, passed out"

• Who is excited?
    image.jpg
    image.png
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • They couldn’t at least have given us double XP or just a few bonus challenges?
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • When does the DLC drop? I need me some Finn
  • Yes, 3 map rotation for me too. Having no extra rewards lookes really stupid.
  • Blackwolfe
    132 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So limited blast playlist (which gets boring real fast) without any incentive whatsoever and zero communication about what blast sunday was really gonna be like.

I wish they had told us beforehand "Hey, you know what, limited amount of blast maps for THE ENTIRE DAY, hope you die of boredom so you can forget all the other questionable things we have done"
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    If they’re running the same playbook as the last game they’ll announce the point of Blast Sunday in about two weeks.
  • Blackwolfe
    132 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    If they’re running the same playbook as the last game they’ll announce the point of Blast Sunday in about two weeks.

You mean.. "We only announced blast sunday and then didn't do **** just so we could get drunk and laugh at all the people getting **** off. I mean hey, we already got enough bad pr. Some more bad pr won't make much difference. Imagine peoples rage when we reintroduce microtransactions without much changes at all"
  • Oh, guys, I get it!
    If you select Blast by clicking main menu button with Rey on Jakku, you'll be in ST-only playlist.
    If you select Blast from normal menu you'll get full playlist.

So at least they are not forcing us to play ST-only maps.
  • I see, still an extremely dissapointing "event".
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    International Starfighters Insult Sunday
    And Galactic Assault Sunday.
    Going to be a gas
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• shredhead wrote: »
    Oh, guys, I get it!
    If you select Blast by clicking main menu button with Rey on Jakku, you'll be in ST-only playlist.

Maybe it's the vodka... what is ST?
  • DigiTac197 wrote: »
    shredhead wrote: »
    Oh, guys, I get it!

Maybe it's the vodka... what is ST?

Sequel trilogy.
  • NoblePyro
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I still can't even "Claim" the completed milestones for my faction! So at the end of every round I play it still keeps saying "Claim Reward" but I can't! ?

Now this...how is this related in helping your faction?
  • is it really an event? they want people to play blast. why not galactic assault sunday? because that means we might get Kashyyyk and have massive rubberbanding and lag in the forefront.
  • NoblePyro wrote: »
    I still can't even "Claim" the completed milestones for my faction! So at the end of every round I play it still keeps saying "Claim Reward" but I can't! ?

This.. I haven't been able to claim any of them
  • shredhead
    204 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    dada_shift wrote: »
    NoblePyro wrote: »

AFAIK you don't need to claim rewards for daily challenges or season challenges. Yes, it is still presented in post-match menu, but it is just a bug. I've got all my TLJ and daily rewards automatically
  • NoblePyro wrote: »

They are automatically added, sometimes you'll catch it when you go back to the main menu. I'm not sure why they decided to do it that way, maybe so if you finish it in the last seconds and don't have time to claim the reward
  • Thanks guy, will try...
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Maybe wins on the appropriate team contribute to your overall team success? If it's the case we'll probably never know because DICE communication.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • shredhead wrote: »

AFAIK you don't need to claim rewards for daily challenges or season challenges. Yes, it is still presented in post-match menu, but it is just a bug. I've got all my TLJ and daily rewards automatically

Yeah..but I had 75 crafting parts when I fired up the ps4 ..finished the challange that was suppose to be 25 crafting parts.
    I'm still at 75
  • So the Blast Sunday was all about getting a map rotation? That's cute. Very underwhelming. If EA/DICE wanted us to play certain modes, I have a terrific idea without any need for this Event Day layout. Give us map selection!
    Let's see what Galactic Assault and Starfighter days gonna look like.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Maybe wins on the appropriate team contribute to your overall team success? If it's the case we'll probably never know because DICE communication.

This is it isn’t it? They’re going to tweet in about five days that they hope we all enjoyed contributing to the community challenge on Blast Sunday. GATDAMMIT DICE
  • Next Sunday will be it's time to uninstall we've abandoned ship
  • Ladies and Gentlemen.... EA !!

EA Ladies and Gentlemen...

EA (Drops mic) Ahh F*** it i'm outta here.
  • RedComet wrote: »
    Next Sunday will be it's time to uninstall we've abandoned ship

Do what you want mate, this forum is populated by the fifty people who’ll play it for the next two years regardless because Star Wars. This is where jaded disappointed people live.
  • Do what you want mate, this forum is populated by the fifty people who’ll play it for the next two years regardless because Star Wars. This is where jaded disappointed people live.

Found a new home, I have. :lol:
  • [quote="Bl
    RedComet wrote: »
    Next Sunday will be it's time to uninstall we've abandoned ship

Do what you want mate, this forum is populated by the fifty people who’ll play it for the next two years regardless because Star Wars. This is where jaded disappointed people live.

Found a new home, I have. :lol:
    Jaded!? My home this is!

giphy.gif

Is there even an actual competition between the factions? Like a real, in-game competition and not just the trash-talk thread on this forum? From the screen I got when I logged in at the start of the season it seemed that picking a faction just determined whether you'd get a Finn or Phasma card at the end. It wouldn't surprise me if they awarded the cards to both factions.

Is there even an actual competition between the factions? Like a real, in-game competition and not just the trash-talk thread on this forum? From the screen I got when I logged in at the start of the season it seemed that picking a faction just determined whether you'd get a Finn or Phasma card at the end. It wouldn't surprise me if they awarded the cards to both factions.

Bingo
    With all that's the screw ups EA end and people venting anger and disappointment
    they'll just give them away
    I won't be surprised