criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault: Endor

This map needs seriouse rework and ballance!
I'm playing since early acces (+beta) and never saw a single win on deffending side (imperial side)

- And befor anyone is starting to say "git gud", I think I'm not the critical factor in the games since I'm heavily objective based and not kill based (especially that on this map the imperials are loosing tokens, not the rebels, so killing them only isn't making too much sense in a big picture) and I'm usually end up in the end game top 5 of the games. -

The majority of games is lost on the "mine section" if you are barely making trough the mine section, your tem isn't getting enough token to destroy the 4 objectives on the cruiser and than the engines.

In the majority of games it's impossible to destroy the mines because:
- they are in cover from imperial side, and debris are blocking line of side from imperial spawn, but totally visible from rebel side( it makes long distance shoot and kill very possible)
- the mines are too close to rebel spawn. (I tried it, and I flanked the mines and vent behind enemy lines to take out the last mines - closest to enemy spawn - tooke me about 30-40 sec of flying and after shooting the first mine, I got "spawnkilled" by a fresh spawned X-Wing.

Suggestions:
- Give the Imperials more token on every turn (+20/section) or...
- Place the mines in more visible areas. Equally visible from imperial spawn and rebell spawn. or....
- Reduce the number of objectives (objectives which have to be destroyed) from 5 to 3 or max 4.

Every other map is pretty much o.k. (except Naboo) but this one is a free win for Rebels.

Replies

• MovieFan555
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Clutch tip someone once gave, and that I now share with others: consider attacking the mines from the back (Rebels) side. You get way cleaner shots at them and can attack many in one run. Or, if you don't like wrapping around all the way to the back, there are creative ways to enter from the "side" too.

(EDIT: OP might actually already be aware of trying this, since he mentioned flanking. But I'll keep the tip posted in case it helps others.)

Ever since adopting that strat, my win% on Endor is a lot better than before. It's still a hard map as the Imperials, with maybe a 20% win rate, but it's a lot better than the ~0% I got before, when I was probably hurting my team by being super awful against the mines.
  • Maybe you had bad team mates that just want to dogfight? I've won many times on the map. Leave it as is.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Nihil wrote: »
    This map needs seriouse rework and ballance!
    I'm playing since early acces (+beta) and never saw a single win on deffending side (imperial side)

- And befor anyone is starting to say "git gud", I think I'm not the critical factor in the games since I'm heavily objective based and not kill based (especially that on this map the imperials are loosing tokens, not the rebels, so killing them only isn't making too much sense in a big picture) and I'm usually end up in the end game top 5 of the games. -

The majority of games is lost on the "mine section" if you are barely making trough the mine section, your tem isn't getting enough token to destroy the 4 objectives on the cruiser and than the engines.

In the majority of games it's impossible to destroy the mines because:
    - they are in cover from imperial side, and debris are blocking line of side from imperial spawn, but totally visible from rebel side( it makes long distance shoot and kill very possible)
    - the mines are too close to rebel spawn. (I tried it, and I flanked the mines and vent behind enemy lines to take out the last mines - closest to enemy spawn - tooke me about 30-40 sec of flying and after shooting the first mine, I got "spawnkilled" by a fresh spawned X-Wing.

Suggestions:
    - Give the Imperials more token on every turn (+20/section) or...
    - Place the mines in more visible areas. Equally visible from imperial spawn and rebell spawn. or....
    - Reduce the number of objectives (objectives which have to be destroyed) from 5 to 3 or max 4.

Every other map is pretty much o.k. (except Naboo) but this one is a free win for Rebels.

Never had a problem on that map, tend to win as the Imperials a lot
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • I win on both sides with little issue. Just hit the objective hard, then use cover to make shooting you difficult.
  • Cassius
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I did a topic about this map myself. It IS seriously unbalanced. Empire has always longer flight time to the objectives, the shift between phases should be ticketlocked as you easily loose 20 tickets by the time the next objective is available.
    I am happy for people who have the luck of constantly having a superb team playing this map. But this is exactly what you need: a superb team, which has a good balance between objective players and players who def these players.

On every other map you can win with a medicore team. But on Endor everything has to fit perfectly together.
    It also doesn´t help, that this map is appearantly so much disliked, that, when it´s your turn to play empires side, often several players leave.

Edit: my topic
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/92499/death-star-debris-field-heavily-in-favor-for-rebels#latest
  • Endor is the most difficult map to win as an attacker, tied with maybe D'Qar first three phases.
  • I think I played this map ca. 100times (Attacker and defender) and only 1 time i saw the attacker win this Mission. Normally the impierals loss if they try to destroy the rebel battleships first 4 sensor array
  • It took me a while to win, but eventually I made it, interestingly the third phase is probably the easiest of any for the attacker so I guess that's why they try to limit your tickets so that you have a chance of losing in the final stage.

I know I'm often a ticket sponge in that map because it is the hardest map to fly in 1st person mode as the collision detection is really harsh. Also something I noticed in the single player campaign was that Iden was able to bounce off some debris and not blow up, it just knocked some damage off. Yet in multi the slightest clip and you're a gonna. Would be really happy if they could bring this feature into SA.
  • I’ve bounced off stuff plenty of times. It happens when you just glance off things, sometimes it bumps you into something else and you crash. It’ll take a small amount of health off usually.

It just takes 2 decent people using bombers and focusing objectives to win the map.

Kit your bomber out with defensive systems and you’ll be extremely survivable.

Hammer one corvette, stick close to debris with tight gaps and fly slow. Pop defensive jammer when attacked then hug the debris really close. Duck out as another corvette flies by, rinse repeat. The map is about surviving rather than a race to destroy everything. The better you survive, the more points you get.

Always dumb fire missiles at the mines to keep mobile. Take opportunities to kill fighters when they are easy kills (bomber excels at sniping a-wings from a distance. Only takes 4 hits.)
  • if you on ps4 add me. you can just sit there and watch. I'll handle the rest.
  • If your teammates are flying Tie Interceptors on this map, they are, in essence, worthless. It is imperative that 90% of the team focuses on the objectives with either a Bomber or Tie Fighter. Like a previous person posted, use the bomber to pick off an A-Wing or two on your way to the target, but don't get in a sustained fighter vs fighter entanglement. This map demands team play on the imperial side. I think it should stay as is. One thing I'd like to see overall in SA is for the attacking side rewarded with 3 tokens for each flight of AI Bombers/Fighters that successfully launch their ordnance on the objectives.