criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Important message

Prev1
This is one of the best games I've ever played. You guys did an amazing job and took advice from the community. I realise the devs are passionate about this game, and I am too. The issue lately with the reddit riot and all really hurt sales. Anyone who's reading this who's considering buying the game don't listen to any of those haters. More than half of them don't even play the game; which is why they don't realise that this game isn't "pay to win" star cards don't make much of a difference. This game is based off of skill. It's hands down the best star wars game I've played. Unfortunately to the devs, it's too late to add back microtransactions for star cards, the damage has already been done. It's been such a controversial thing that adding them would make uniformed people A: unistall the game or B: not buy it. Devs the only option is to add micro-transactions for cosmetics and such. Thanks for being so passionate about the game guys, I realise you are. :)

Replies

  • Guys stop hurting the game further. :( were not going to get as many dlc.
  • I really want everyone to see this
  • Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.
  • Talyn856
    756 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Don't listen to him.

    The game is a lot of fun when you're in a perfect match. The problem is the "perfect match" is nonexistent at the moment.

    Between lag that would be considered bad on peer to peer servers, AFK rubberbanders (who only exist because the game rewards you for playing badly, or not playing at all), horrible matchmaking, and the worst progression system I've seen in any video game ever, the game is unplayable in its current state. Don't buy it until it's fixed.

    Yes, saying that might hurt the game further. And I'm ok with that. The harder the game bombs, the faster this lesson will be learned. If they don't fix the things that need fixing and EA still winds up breaking even or profiting on this, then there's no incentive to change their evil ways.
    giphy.gif
  • Talyn856
    756 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed)

    Which one?

    The progression system that to this day still gives you a reward almost identical to the reward received by someone who presses W and LMB every now and then? And, with that reward, expects you to buy crates to progress, the contents of which are completely RNG?

    Yeah, very good progression system.



    The only part of the progression system that is any good is the weapon unlock system. Get X kills with Y class, unlock new weapon. Progress in upgrades for that weapon by killing people with it. Literally the only problem with that system is that you can also unlock those weapons in crates, pay to win. Other than unlockable weapons in crates, that system is great. They should've just made the whole game like that, and made microtransactions completely cosmetic. Instant 8 or 9/10 with much better sales.
    giphy.gif
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would encourage people interested in a casual star wars shooter to purchase, but wait until the issue are corrected. There should be an update soon to correspond with last jedi release. Let's see how they respond to afk issues and lag that has been plaguing the game since launch.
  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I would encourage people interested in a casual star wars shooter to purchase, but wait until the issue are corrected. There should be an update soon to correspond with last jedi release. Let's see how they respond to afk issues and lag that has been plaguing the game since launch.

    But then people will be frustrated because they play casual and are stomped by the veterans that play the game for several hours a day, cards or no cards involved (obviously they will blame the cards as there's nothing else to blame and admitting that they get killed because they're playing against better players that are better because they invest more time in the game is a no).
  • Who says that they would use the loot box money to make DLC? That is wishful thinking and nothing more. They could take all the microtransaction money and run. They are not required to put any of it back in the game.

    I do own the game, and I am also glad the reddit thing happened. The game was/is completely tied into the loot box system. Some of these cards give a 40% damage boost, or 40% defence boost. That is a big advantage. That is easily the difference between overheating and the ship getting away vs destroying 2 ships and not overheating at all. I could also use examples in the other modes, but I don't want to make this post a book.

    This game was completely designed to give players who paid an advantage over those who wanted to earn the items ingame. Why else do you think the credit payout is so low. It is getting better, but it is still very far from right.

    I have about 20% of the cards, and now I get nothing but doubles. I need to get about 4 loot boxes to get 1 item that I don't have. The rate at which you get duplicate cards, also shows that the main goal was to get people to spend money.

    I don't blame the people who designed the game. I blame the people who wanted it to work this way. The bosses and bigwigs.
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed)

    Which one?

    The progression system that to this day still gives you a reward almost identical to the reward received by someone who presses W and LMB every now and then? And, with that reward, expects you to buy crates to progress, the contents of which are completely RNG?

    Yeah, very good progression system.



    The only part of the progression system that is any good is the weapon unlock system. Get X kills with Y class, unlock new weapon. Progress in upgrades for that weapon by killing people with it. Literally the only problem with that system is that you can also unlock those weapons in crates, pay to win. Other than unlockable weapons in crates, that system is great. They should've just made the whole game like that, and made microtransactions completely cosmetic. Instant 8 or 9/10 with much better sales.
    It’s a good combination of the ability to support post launch content and having part of the game a completely, even, play based progression.

    AFK is definitely a problem but it’s being worked on and is only on PC.

    In theory it’s really good but minor problems cause it to be less than optimal
  • Sakura_No_Seirei
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017

    AFK is definitely a problem but it’s being worked on and is only on PC.

    Uh, AFK is a problem on all platforms. Why do think it's being referred to as AFK rubberbanding? It's not because PC players are wrapping rubberbands around our mice.

    Yeah, this game could be a great game. But it isn't. There are huge, glaring problems that should have been spotted in testing and weren't, and those problems are killing this game. Every day sees fewer players turning up to play, and even worse, every day is seeing more and more botters and hackers ruining the game. And the response from EA/DICE about just this week's concerns? Deafening silence. There hasn't even been a placeholder statement saying that the problems have been acknowledged and solutions are being worked on, and there's no point saying silence until a solution has been found is how EA/DICE works, because last week we had exactly that kind of placeholder statement regarding the lag issues that still haven't been fixed.

  • The problem nowadays is everyone wants everything instantly. They don't want to have to actually unlock things. I'm fine with the better heroes being locked until you acquire enough credits. I'm fine with the loot crates. Your asking them to change the whole system. You realize you also get crafting parts from crates too, right? And you can choose to do whatever you wish with them. If you don't like the gameplay then you shouldn't have bought the game. There were plenty of gameplay videos out there. The gameplay in this game is amazing. Much better than the disappointment COD. If you don't see that, then you either have a bad taste in games, or are blinded and just going with the herd that those redditers created. Back in the old days you would have to play days to unlock cool characters and such. Ever played super smash bros? The problem is not EA, but the mostly toxic community.
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I would encourage people interested in a casual star wars shooter to purchase, but wait until the issue are corrected. There should be an update soon to correspond with last jedi release. Let's see how they respond to afk issues and lag that has been plaguing the game since launch.

    But then people will be frustrated because they play casual and are stomped by the veterans that play the game for several hours a day, cards or no cards involved (obviously they will blame the cards as there's nothing else to blame and admitting that they get killed because they're playing against better players that are better because they invest more time in the game is a no).

    There's always superior players to you in multiplayer games. Always. No matter what.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This game could be perfect. Per. Fect. And people would still complain. I'm disappointed in the community. Shame.
  • Unfortunately people aren't going to change their minds. This is the community, and I accept that. All I ask is for you all to open your eyes and see their trying their best. They took micro-transactions out, lowered hero prices, and sped up how quick you earn credits. I will reiterate this again: the devs are extremely passionate about this game. If you don't see that, then it's already too late.
  • Hopefully I got to some of you
  • Solomacedaddy
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully I got to some of you

    Nope.

    Maybe I have bad taste in games as you suggest?
  • Solomacedaddy
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This is the community, and I accept that

    Actually you don’t.

    Go back and re read your posts and see how insulting, belittling and generally stating that we don’t know what we’re talking about.

    Also you say the problem is not E.A it’s the community.

    Yep, you’re very accepting.


  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This is the community, and I accept that

    Actually you don’t.

    Go back and re read your posts and see how insulting, belittling and generally stating that we don’t know what we’re talking about.

    Also you say the problem is not E.A it’s the community.

    Yep, you’re very accepting.


    Nothing I said was belittling. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean their belittling you. It's not a bad game. If you think it is, then I think you have a bad taste in games or are blinded by all the hate their getting.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @Solomacedaddy people like you are the belittling ones saying you want to see EA crash and burn.
  • Game is legit. Problems to be fixed, but that's everything in this life. To err is human, to forgive is divine
  • Yes there's a few lagging issues here and there...and those will be fixed. The game hasn't even been out a month. Be patient.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    @Solomacedaddy people like you are the belittling ones saying you want to see EA crash and burn.

    It’s best to not reply to him. He lives for responses and preys on positive comments, posts, and community members. He won’t be here long anyways the way he’s been typing. Go look at his post history. It’s an index of “How to aggressively troll and wait for responses because he’s bored and has nothing better to do than incite emotional responses from happy people”. Basically he’s an emotional terrorist/troll. Ignore him.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • @Solomacedaddy people like you are the belittling ones saying you want to see EA crash and burn.

    It’s best to not reply to him. He lives for responses and preys on positive comments, posts, and community members. He won’t be here long anyways the way he’s been typing. Go look at his post history. It’s an index of “How to aggressively troll and wait for responses because he’s bored and has nothing better to do than incite emotional responses from happy people”. Basically he’s an emotional terrorist/troll. Ignore him.

    Thanks :)
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    @Solomacedaddy people like you are the belittling ones saying you want to see EA crash and burn.

    It’s best to not reply to him. He lives for responses and preys on positive comments, posts, and community members. He won’t be here long anyways the way he’s been typing. Go look at his post history. It’s an index of “How to aggressively troll and wait for responses because he’s bored and has nothing better to do than incite emotional responses from happy people”. Basically he’s an emotional terrorist/troll. Ignore him.

    Thanks :)

    No problem dude. Anytime :smile:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions on the game, simple fact.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    +1
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.
  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    The same could be said about you really, if you don't like what people are saying don't respond, that's your own advice there. But as you said you like to challenge people, what do you expect to achieve? Arguments that's all.. but I guess that's your only goal as there's not really anything else you can achieve. No one will make you change your mind the same way you won't change anyone's mind, every one has their form of willpower specially when it comes to opinions they are like *, every one has one and we all think each others stink. Enjoy your fights.
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    To this I will be responding. Its okay to have arguments and not agree with one another as everyone is free to have their opinion either positive or negative about a subject. However picking "labels" and insults on the other hand, that is a no no and if I or other mods see this those replies will be removed and the offending users punished. If you see an insult, you report that insult/attack or whatever the case is by using the Flag button at the bottom of the post and then we will review the report and act as needed. You can additionally PM me or others about it and we can check it out like that too if needed.

    But insults no matter if you started it or not will not be tolerated so dont do them. Argue with someone if you what but do it in a respectful and constructive manner that follows the rules and is appropriate for the topic (dont derail). The moment stuff such as profanity, insults, flame baiting, name calling and so enter the action, then we enter into the punishment territory and you dont what that.

    So on that matter, discuss the game and the topic and how to improve it or change/adjust it and cut out this thread from thread war few of you have been having or we can go about it in another non pleasant way. If you dont agree with someone and what to argue about it and present your opinion on the table.... okay but be sure its not derailing and be sure you do it in a constructive and respectful manner.

    Now continue on and watch yourself please so I dont have to drop in with replies like this anymore, carry on.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

    Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    The same could be said about you really, if you don't like what people are saying don't respond, that's your own advice there. But as you said you like to challenge people, what do you expect to achieve? Arguments that's all.. but I guess that's your only goal as there's not really anything else you can achieve.

    Why would I not respond if I don’t like someone is Saying?

    You said this last time we discussed when I said the reason I didn’t agree with you was beacause I dont agree with you.

    What does anyone expect to achieve? Do you think a thread titled Important Messge that then goes on to say how great the game is, achieves anything?

    What do you think your responses to me are achieving?

    And btw, you don’t have to look far to find posts that I ask questions.

    Last time we spoke, you were getting very upset and thus, I decided to stop responding to you.

    I don’t want to upset you again, so it’s up to you if you want to continue.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I agree with you man. I am having 0 problems progressing and I have over 60,000 credits from just enjoying the game and having fun.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    The same could be said about you really, if you don't like what people are saying don't respond, that's your own advice there. But as you said you like to challenge people, what do you expect to achieve? Arguments that's all.. but I guess that's your only goal as there's not really anything else you can achieve.

    Why would I not respond if I don’t like someone is Saying?

    You said this last time we discussed when I said the reason I didn’t agree with you was beacause I dont agree with you.

    What does anyone expect to achieve? Do you think a thread titled Important Messge that then goes on to say how great the game is, achieves anything?

    What do you think your responses to me are achieving?

    And btw, you don’t have to look far to find posts that I ask questions.

    Last time we spoke, you were getting very upset and thus, I decided to stop responding to you.

    I don’t want to upset you again, so it’s up to you if you want to continue.

    You can't take a hint can you? Even when mods warn you publicly you continue. No one likes "Your way of talking". Not because you disagree, because you speak passive aggressively, rude, and LITERALLY post in Positive specific areas to tear the mood to the ground. That's literally All you do. Day in and day out. "Oh look a Positive post/comment, I'm OMW!" You constantly say were "Blind Sheep" yet hypocritically try to be a "Sheppard". And what do you know, here we are again, With you in a thread derailing it entirely by picking random positive forum members and focusing on them instead of the topic, AS USUAL.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    To this I will be responding. Its okay to have arguments and not agree with one another as everyone is free to have their opinion either positive or negative about a subject. However picking "labels" and insults on the other hand, that is a no no and if I or other mods see this those replies will be removed and the offending users punished. If you see an insult, you report that insult/attack or whatever the case is by using the Flag button at the bottom of the post and then we will review the report and act as needed. You can additionally PM me or others about it and we can check it out like that too if needed.

    But insults no matter if you started it or not will not be tolerated so dont do them. Argue with someone if you what but do it in a respectful and constructive manner that follows the rules and is appropriate for the topic (dont derail). The moment stuff such as profanity, insults, flame baiting, name calling and so enter the action, then we enter into the punishment territory and you dont what that.

    So on that matter, discuss the game and the topic and how to improve it or change/adjust it and cut out this thread from thread war few of you have been having or we can go about it in another non pleasant way. If you dont agree with someone and what to argue about it and present your opinion on the table.... okay but be sure its not derailing and be sure you do it in a constructive and respectful manner.

    Now continue on and watch yourself please so I dont have to drop in with replies like this anymore, carry on.

    Right, I’ll start tomorrow flagging posts.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    I never said to uninstall. I said you shouldn't have got the game if it didn't look like you'd enjoy it, you had plenty of gameplay clips to watch. I did say most of the community is toxic, and that I was referring to Reddit primarily. A lot of people I know are saying their not going to purchase it because of the negative controversy. Their following the herd blindly.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Important message:

    Someone built a working proto saber!
    New Jurassic World trailer!
    Begun the clone wars, have.
    
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    The same could be said about you really, if you don't like what people are saying don't respond, that's your own advice there. But as you said you like to challenge people, what do you expect to achieve? Arguments that's all.. but I guess that's your only goal as there's not really anything else you can achieve.

    Why would I not respond if I don’t like someone is Saying?

    You said this last time we discussed when I said the reason I didn’t agree with you was beacause I dont agree with you.

    What does anyone expect to achieve? Do you think a thread titled Important Messge that then goes on to say how great the game is, achieves anything?

    What do you think your responses to me are achieving?

    And btw, you don’t have to look far to find posts that I ask questions.

    Last time we spoke, you were getting very upset and thus, I decided to stop responding to you.

    I don’t want to upset you again, so it’s up to you if you want to continue.

    The fact remains that you do the same things you accuse other people of doing and then proceed to call others hypocrites. Whether you want to see that or not it's a different thing. Anyway no point keeping at this. Good night.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I agree with you man. I am having 0 problems progressing and I have over 60,000 credits from just enjoying the game and having fun.

    Good on ya too! Told you the journey would be worth the time :smiley: . Keep kicking butt Wookie!
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • A_Wookie_Roar
    2339 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Game is legit. Problems to be fixed, but that's everything in this life. To err is human, to forgive is divine

    Couldn't of said it better.

    VUsWdAe.gif
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I have to disagree on the progression system. The loot boxes randomize the star cards too much. It would be one thing for the loot boxes to give you a card you don't already have, but they are filled with duplicates after a certain point. The result is a player plays for hours hoping for a new card, but ends up paying thousands of credits for some crafting parts and a few hundred credits refunding cards you already own.

    As an example, I often buy the starship loot boxes. I pay 2400 creds to receive about 40 crafting parts and 200-400 creds refunding cards I already own. That means I pay 2000-2200 creds for 40 crafting parts. On a good night, it takes me about four games of Galactic Assault going to the last objective, which is about 1.5 hours to get another 2000 creds. If you do the math, it takes 680 (or so) crafting parts to get one epic card assuming you get the tier one card from the loot boxes. You can do the math on how long that would take to craft decent cards.

    I have seen that people say the cards don't matter, on which I agree to a limited extent. So then I would just ask, if the cards don't matter, then why include them in the game in the first place? If they don't matter, then why make it such a grind to acquire the ones you want? It's incredibly poor design, which is in stark contrast to the moment to moment gameplay.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    PhDChaos wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I have to disagree on the progression system. The loot boxes randomize the star cards too much. It would be one thing for the loot boxes to give you a card you don't already have, but they are filled with duplicates after a certain point. The result is a player plays for hours hoping for a new card, but ends up paying thousands of credits for some crafting parts and a few hundred credits refunding cards you already own.

    As an example, I often buy the starship loot boxes. I pay 2400 creds to receive about 40 crafting parts and 200-400 creds refunding cards I already own. That means I pay 2000-2200 creds for 40 crafting parts. On a good night, it takes me about four games of Galactic Assault going to the last objective, which is about 1.5 hours to get another 2000 creds. If you do the math, it takes 680 (or so) crafting parts to get one epic card assuming you get the tier one card from the loot boxes. You can do the math on how long that would take to craft decent cards.

    I have seen that people say the cards don't matter, on which I agree to a limited extent. So then I would just ask, if the cards don't matter, then why include them in the game in the first place? If they don't matter, then why make it such a grind to acquire the ones you want? It's incredibly poor design, which is in stark contrast to the moment to moment gameplay.

    I see your point/mindset. From the game’s design though those cards have a Major purpose/Role that maybe you looked over I guess. Don’t mean to sound rude/mean or anything. But the specific reasoning behind them is so that no two players are identical. Take me and you for example. I play assault, and let’s say you do too. I use Bodyguard, Recharge Vanguard, and Acid Launcher. Me and you may have different play styles, but we are guaranteed to have different skill sets/loadouts with the star card system. And I LOVE it! I love being able to play differently, have different abilities to my play style uniqueness, and soon also looking different too with customization. Feels awesome to me. I truly adore it.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Aeternum wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »
    :smile:

    Ahh.

    The hypocrisy is strong in this thread.

    You seem to forget how hypocritical you have been in other threads yourself, short and selective memory eh? You accuse others of belittling someone's opinions when you constantly keep doing the same on threads like this. I have never seen you posting anything that isn't a bunch of trash talk to the game and to the people that enjoy and have a positive opinion on the game. You should just jog on, but you're on your crusade to prey on threads like this and on people that actually enjoy the game. Is your frustration so big that you can't bear the thought that some people are really enjoying the game? Well It's a shame that you aren't and I do understand that some people aren't happy with a lot of the issues the game has, but... why come on these happy threads and do exactly what you accuse others of doing? You're the hypocrite, you should really jog on if you don't like a post and skip it or the forum entirely no?

    You have been accusing people of belittling negative opinions on the game while you constantly belittle positive opinions in the game, simple fact.

    Simple fact?

    Really.

    So this is what passses as a positive thread? We’re blind, we follow the herd, uninstall if you’re not happy? It’s all the toxic communities fault?

    I just pick out things people say and challenge them. If they use labels, I use them back. If they insult, I do too.

    I call them out like I have done many times when they insult, belittle or just spout out nonsense.

    I react to how they have. You don’t like it. Fine.

    What I cannot fathom is if you don’t like my responses, don’t respond. Don’t like what I’m saying, don’t respond.

    If the moderators, who are here, don’t like what I’m saying or think I’m going to far, im sure they will be in touch. So far they haven’t.

    Willpower, some have it, some don’t.

    I like to respond to everyone and don’t tell them to go or get lost because I don’t agree with them.

    Funny how it’s useually the “positive “people who love to try and silence people.

    The same could be said about you really, if you don't like what people are saying don't respond, that's your own advice there. But as you said you like to challenge people, what do you expect to achieve? Arguments that's all.. but I guess that's your only goal as there's not really anything else you can achieve.

    Why would I not respond if I don’t like someone is Saying?

    You said this last time we discussed when I said the reason I didn’t agree with you was beacause I dont agree with you.

    What does anyone expect to achieve? Do you think a thread titled Important Messge that then goes on to say how great the game is, achieves anything?

    What do you think your responses to me are achieving?

    And btw, you don’t have to look far to find posts that I ask questions.

    Last time we spoke, you were getting very upset and thus, I decided to stop responding to you.

    I don’t want to upset you again, so it’s up to you if you want to continue.

    You can't take a hint can you? Even when mods warn you publicly you continue. No one likes "Your way of talking". Not because you disagree, because you speak passive aggressively, rude, and LITERALLY post in Positive specific areas to tear the mood to the ground. That's literally All you do. Day in and day out. "Oh look a Positive post/comment, I'm OMW!" You constantly say were "Blind Sheep" yet hypocritically try to be a "Sheppard". And what do you know, here we are again, With you in a thread derailing it entirely by picking random positive forum members and focusing on them instead of the topic, AS USUAL.

    Always fussing and accusing members on a daily basis.
  • What's the acid launcher like dash? I keep contemplating crafting it. Range? Damage output? Hipfire ability?
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    What's the acid launcher like dash? I keep contemplating crafting it. Range? Damage output? Hipfire ability?

    Dude it's BEAST! I'll give you a scenario I use it for every game for success.

    I push up, scan, clear the room with vanguard, Toss Acid in only exit/entrance, when it ticks, I know someone is there approaching already badly wounded, I scan where I shot the acid, Vanguard if it;s more than one enemy, Rinse repeat. And Since I used Bodyguard, Recharge Vanguard, and Acid Launcher Cards, I can do it over and over instantly after each wave of enemies, even during the fight if needed. 100% worth the crafting parts and time to practice with it. And remember Bodyguard lets you sit inside gas and laugh at nothing hurting you lol. Even your own dioxis.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What's the acid launcher like dash? I keep contemplating crafting it. Range? Damage output? Hipfire ability?

    Dude it's BEAST! I'll give you a scenario I use it for every game for success.

    I push up, scan, clear the room with vanguard, Toss Acid in only exit/entrance, when it ticks, I know someone is there approaching already badly wounded, I scan where I shot the acid, Vanguard if it;s more than one enemy, Rinse repeat. And Since I used Bodyguard, Recharge Vanguard, and Acid Launcher Cards, I can do it over and over instantly after each wave of enemies, even during the fight if needed. 100% worth the crafting parts and time to practice with it. And remember Bodyguard lets you sit inside gas and laugh at nothing hurting you lol. Even your own dioxis.

    Oh okay awesome! Thanks for the info. I was a huge dioxis grenade fan in the first game. This may give me my fix
  • This game is broken, lag and afk players ruin this game.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    Mooncircle wrote: »
    This game is broken, lag and afk players ruin this game.

    Thank you for your input on this topic. May the Force be with you, Always.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What's the acid launcher like dash? I keep contemplating crafting it. Range? Damage output? Hipfire ability?

    Dude it's BEAST! I'll give you a scenario I use it for every game for success.

    I push up, scan, clear the room with vanguard, Toss Acid in only exit/entrance, when it ticks, I know someone is there approaching already badly wounded, I scan where I shot the acid, Vanguard if it;s more than one enemy, Rinse repeat. And Since I used Bodyguard, Recharge Vanguard, and Acid Launcher Cards, I can do it over and over instantly after each wave of enemies, even during the fight if needed. 100% worth the crafting parts and time to practice with it. And remember Bodyguard lets you sit inside gas and laugh at nothing hurting you lol. Even your own dioxis.

    I too was wondering about the Acid Launcher. I might have to check it out.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I agree with you man. I am having 0 problems progressing and I have over 60,000 credits from just enjoying the game and having fun.
    This is an interesting point. It's been a month since the game was release and i've unlocked all hero's with at least level 10 star card. All troops are at least level 25 star card. All star fighters are at least level 10. Looking back that's good progress in a month but i still complain about things tied to progression like low value return for loot boxes, duplicates. It's a shame that the negative experience loot boxes gives affect's your perception of your good progression in a bad way. EA really stuffed up in this area.

  • KrewZi wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Completely agree. The progression system was very good (aside from some minor issues most of which have been fixed) yet that doesn’t matter. People hate it and won’t change there opinion so therefore it’s broken and needs fixing.

    I agree with you man. I am having 0 problems progressing and I have over 60,000 credits from just enjoying the game and having fun.
    This is an interesting point. It's been a month since the game was release and i've unlocked all hero's with at least level 10 star card. All troops are at least level 25 star card. All star fighters are at least level 10. Looking back that's good progress in a month but i still complain about things tied to progression like low value return for loot boxes, duplicates. It's a shame that the negative experience loot boxes gives affect's your perception of your good progression in a bad way. EA really stuffed up in this area.

    That is good progress. I do wish the duplicates awarded something worth more that you can actually call it being something awarded. 200 isn't much. But I open loot boxes just to stack up on crafting parts. Everything else is just an extra for me especially emotes and hero poses :D.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!