criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People always jumping in the front

So is this some new trend?

I observed something which was never ever an issue in any other multiplayer game.

But as I see people here are tend to constantly jump before each other while the others are shooting.

It is really frustrating that team mates are jumping in front of me while I'm supressing a point or the enemy with supercharged sentry. Or jump before me even when they see that I equipped a rocket launcher to quickly shoot into the enemy group when peaking around the corner. Causing instakilling myself and in the suicide of the dumb player.

Just a small advise!! If you see a team mate shooting around the corner or supressing a point.....DON'T jump in front of his shots!! Let that player do his job and if he relocates or dies, than your time has come!

Is this really that hard?
It's especially so annoying, because the hitboxes are that huge that people are even blocking your shots, if you are clearly shooting next to them

THX

Replies

• Not even half as annoying as people erecting a shield bubble between you and the enemy - especially when said enemy is a Hero/Villain with Force powers and a Lightsaber.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    I run into this a lot in every fps I play.

I put it down to kill stealing, well, attempting to kill steal as the end result is usually getting both of us killed.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• jumping in front of the enemy have bin in the fps games sins the first CS mate its not new at all.
    but it is annoying.
    EA should stick to SIMS.
  • Oh sometimes it's bad on Hoth too. When people will stand in front of you when you are waiting for the Missile Launchers to lock on to the AT-AT's. I've had a couple of players do this. It's quite annoying. I'm not sure what you could do about this, except making it so that teammates, even if they do get in the way, it bypasses their model and allows you to continue locking on and even shooting through them.

As far as Sentry Guns and Shields, that's a tough one. Sometimes you just have to choose the right spot and hope your teammates don't block you. Sometimes it's annoying, but I think it's just a part of the game that we have to put up with, I don't think most players purposely do it, it's just a heat of the battle kind of thing.
  • I had sooo many suecides with rocket launcher in BF1 because of this. People jumping in front of me.
    And yes it is anoying as hell :s
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.
  • Firecap wrote: »
    jumping in front of the enemy have bin in the fps games sins the first CS mate its not new at all.
    but it is annoying.

Haha well....never played CS .... sorry XD :D
  • OP you don't know the half of it. its like they have anywhere to fight in an open battlefield but i put down my sentry gun and they are like "oh let me just walk in from of that gun to block your shots shall we". It's like "dude, this is a beachhead you can literally shoot from anywhere you don't have to walk right in front of my lane of fire." Sometimes I feel like Darth Helmet with henchmen who can't shoot properly instead of shooting across her nose they shoot up it. Can't link video because of forum rules on language lol
    Not even half as annoying as people erecting a shield bubble between you and the enemy - especially when said enemy is a Hero/Villain with Force powers and a Lightsaber.

ya especially Leia thanks to that annoying milestone where it says to deploy shields to protect 50 players. it doesn't count players that run into them for cover, it only counts for those in the initial deploy of the shield so people will go up to cluster and deploy them.
  • I just noticed this action in battlefront 2015 and now 2017. Jump in way bubble shield group shield. But when you play offline.
  • Platinum_Tyrant88
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not even half as annoying as people erecting a shield bubble between you and the enemy - especially when said enemy is a Hero/Villain with Force powers and a Lightsaber.

My favorite is playing the officer finding a great spot to set my turret down only for another officer to come along and place his shield down around it preventing the turret from shooting outside of the shield. I had an officer do that to me 3 times in 1 game on the Death Star.
  • May be we should start having friendly fire at 2% damage of the weapon. People will stop jumping in front. And in the case you get the notion to start killing team mates, make sure the weapon stops hurting you if you are 50% or less health.
    OR
    Just have a message pop up on your screen that you are taking friendly fire so you can stop being a **** and move out of the way.
    OR
    Both.