criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The expansions will add 16 more multiplayer maps

Alo stormtroopers

GOOD NEWS!

The first expansion coming under Star Wars Battlefront's program of downloadable content will arrive in early 2016, according to an outline of the game's $50 season pass on its newly updated website.

In all, another four playable heroes and villains will be added to the game through the premium DLC. The characters were not specified. The expansions will add 16 more multiplayer maps "featuring new locations," four more game modes, and more than 20 additional pieces of gear, including weapons, vehicles and Star Cards.

Electronic Arts had already announced that four packs would be coming, and Season Pass buyers would get a two-week head start with them. Additionally, Season Pass buyers will get the "exclusive 'shoot first' emote" which sounds vaguely referential to the controversial re-edit of Han Solo's showdown in the Creature Cantina.

The Season Pass does not include the first piece of DLC, the Battle of Jakku, which arrives for free in December. Those who preordered Star Wars Battlefront will get the map on Dec. 1, everyone else gets it Dec. 8.

#MayTheForceBeWithYou

Hera Syndulla <3

Replies

• hopefully they release free weapons on the side too. lack of weapons in a shooter is disappointing.
  • sounds promising,hope we get a death star map thrown in there at some stage.
  • all i want is more trooper skins, and female characters. Hera Syndulla <3 is a MUST!
    Hera Syndulla <3
  • thansk_doge
    178 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Chivas wrote: »
    The expansions will add 16 more multiplayer maps

Let's stop the *****, there isn't going to be 16 more multiplayer maps, in fact, it'll only be four new planets where they make a map for each and then these game modes utilize a portion of that big map.

I'm literally baffled that the supremacy map on Hoth is the same one for Walker Assault plus or minus a few things.

DICE has gotten quite lazy with this game.

• Lol well they need a galatic conquest, then they could redeem themselves
  • So much potential in this game. I've had thoughts of engineers with multiple types of droids to deploy, combative, reparative, heal/defend. Support classes that offer decreased cooling times for troops around them, including ancillary weapons. Medics and snipers supporting the front line, night battles lit up by green and red laser blasts...I mean, that's how 'I' view my Star Wars ecstasy. Space battles and conquest is just gravy. I couldnt care less about more maps and heroes.
  • Sakuya
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Chivas wrote: »
    The expansions will add 16 more multiplayer maps "featuring new locations," four more game modes, and more than 20 additional pieces of gear, including weapons, vehicles and Star Cards.

Alright, here's my little niggling gripe.
    That sounds like a lot if that's for each pack... ...or alternatively, it sounds like very little if it's that much for the whole Pass.
    And if I were a bettor, I'd know which option my money would be on when it comes to AAA game publishing.

Please let me be wrong.
  • PicknFlick wrote: »
    So much potential in this game. I've had thoughts of engineers with multiple types of droids to deploy, combative, reparative, heal/defend. Support classes that offer decreased cooling times for troops around them, including ancillary weapons. Medics and snipers supporting the front line, night battles lit up by green and red laser blasts...I mean, that's how 'I' view my Star Wars ecstasy. Space battles and conquest is just gravy. I couldnt care less about more maps and heroes.

support classes on star wars?
    Hera Syndulla <3
  • Utterly disappointed at the number of maps in the base game. It feels like I bought half a game. Only 4 planets with slightly differing maps? I can only hope most people refuse to buy the outrageous $50 DLC and perhaps then DICE will acknowledge the lack of depth and will provide free map updates and more character customized. All those rebel alien options but only two different stormtrooper armors?
  • I am a female gamer and I would like to see more female skins available. They spent time making female and male basic stormtroopmers (shoulders, waist, and hips are different), but the scout trooper and shadow trooper are male only. The Rebel side has options at high level (Twi'lek and Zabrak). Female players on the Imperial side are stuck with basic skins. I would like to see the DLC address this.
  • CuRsEd_Zx
    353 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Necro'd by ^^^, good job >:(
  • Ban the necrophile please.