criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star wars Battlefront 2 vs. Star wars Battlefront 1

Prev1
idbl_fanatic
177 posts Member
edited December 2017
I hope **this one** is ok, apparently posting in proper format (initials being capitalized) and then once questioned about it being closed, adds to the post that this is Battlefront 2 forum not Battlefront 1


Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy playing Star wars Battlefront 2 less than Star wars Battlefront 1? I mean the graphics are great in 2, but I just enjoy playing the objectives on SWBF more.

Replies

  • The movement in Battlefront 1 is smoother and game play is more fun. However that game was developed to be an easy shooter and family friendly so parents could play with their kids. There was a lot of criticism of that game. Some of it was justified, some was not. The biggest criticism was no single player or campaign. I have many hours in both games and the group of guys I play with think the first game was much more fun. I think EA and Dice overcompensated on this game. In my opinion they took Battlefield and skinned it Star Wars and called it Battlefront II. I believe that the developers could have had a better game if they'd stayed with the mechanics of the first game, updated the graphics engine and added more content. I'm not a fan of the class system, the card system and loot boxes. I liked the progression and weapons in the first game more. However the more I play Battlefront 2 the more I like it. I don't know if it will ever be as fun as Battlefront 1 (2015).
  • Personally, I enjoy the 'feel', customization, and game modes in BF1 much more than BF2. Plays more like the original battlefront games, and most bf2 maps don't touch how fun walker assault was.

    However, I think the starfighter mode in bf2 is brilliant! (still not sure how i feel about no auto roll moves, but thats ok).

    Hopefully in 3 they can combine the 2, make it feel more like the old games, and give us galactic conquest with space maps where you can land your fighter!

  • The class system (and its the individual progression for each class, instead of 1 overall), is definitely a a downgrade. But one thing I really hate is the many heroes on a map, at times there are +4 heroes on a map. It is really exaggerated. And they don't respect their era's, which is a shame too. it was better as a pick-up in BF1.

    But I do think the levels are more sophisticated in BF2: the galactic assault is more varied than the walker assault. Certainly with the new Crait map. And as for the Starfighter battles, I like them better too. They seem bigger and more varied, somehow, with more to discover.

  • I only played Battlefront 2 about an hour this week, while Battlefield 1 was downloading the new DLC. It is inconceivable to me how anyone that could produce such a beautiful game and new DLC's for Battlefield one is associated with Batllefront 2. Inconceivable. No comparison. Battlefront 1 was fun and had great objectives and great choke points and battles. Batllefront 2.....well... simply put....sucks! It is boring... as some said above it is an over reach. It is not smooth, the servers are choppy, the objectives and maps (while stunning) are boring. I have no interest to play in arcade mode or against AI. That is no where nearly as fun as trying to out fox or out shoot another human. So those new game additions do nothing for me. Put the game back! spend development time on new weapons, maps, and characters. The crates, the wait forever to spawn, the objectives, the tiny maps... ridiculous. It angers me every time i load it and more often than not i won't even wait for or let it load. Sooooo disappointed! Still can't believe the same companies can bring something so beautiful, brilliant, and challenging as Battlefield 1 and then crank out this mess!

  • In short, SWBF1 = more fun vs. SWBF2 = more sophisticated...

    EA/DICE should have keep the gameplay mechanics of SWBF1and improve/expand them for SWBF2. Instead, they have developed SWBF2 from scratch and tried to emulate Battlefield 1 with Star Wars elements. This is not the best approach as there is no sense of continuity from the first game to the predecessor. The fact that SWBF1 has still many players online is a true testament of its popularity...
  • ymt190e wrote: »
    In short, SWBF1 = more fun vs. SWBF2 = more sophisticated...

    EA/DICE should have keep the gameplay mechanics of SWBF1and improve/expand them for SWBF2. Instead, they have developed SWBF2 from scratch and tried to emulate Battlefield 1 with Star Wars elements. This is not the best approach as there is no sense of continuity from the first game to the predecessor. The fact that SWBF1 has still many players online is a true testament of its popularity...

    I couldn't agree more.
  • bfloo
    11603 posts Member
    The 1st game had better modes, the 2nd has better mechanics.

    If they took away the class system it would be 40 sentries, 40 Ion turrets, and 40 infantry turrets shooting back and forth at each other all game.
  • I think bf1 is better in everyway, but bf2 has every era so theres that. Yeah the gunplay is better in bf2, but i dont really know how much i enjoy dying to the slightest thing
    Justice for Scipio
  • importing more Battlefront 2015 maps/modes would be good into Battlefront 2
  • d0kRX
    1019 posts Member
    Philman wrote: »
    The movement in Battlefront 1 is smoother and game play is more fun. However that game was developed to be an easy shooter and family friendly so parents could play with their kids. There was a lot of criticism of that game. Some of it was justified, some was not. The biggest criticism was no single player or campaign. I have many hours in both games and the group of guys I play with think the first game was much more fun. I think EA and Dice overcompensated on this game. In my opinion they took Battlefield and skinned it Star Wars and called it Battlefront II. I believe that the developers could have had a better game if they'd stayed with the mechanics of the first game, updated the graphics engine and added more content. I'm not a fan of the class system, the card system and loot boxes. I liked the progression and weapons in the first game more. However the more I play Battlefront 2 the more I like it. I don't know if it will ever be as fun as Battlefront 1 (2015).

    This is exactly what my cousin says about bf 2015. In fact even though it grows on him, he still sticks with the old game and has more fun on it. He said he wasn’t gonna but bf2017 but I bought it for him so we could play together sometimes. I really hope they add cargo to it cuz if they do, he will totally be more willing to play the new game.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1019 posts Member
    importing more Battlefront 2015 maps/modes would be good into Battlefront 2

    Totally agree! +1
    PSN: d0kRX
  • rahbro
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Take Hoth for example in both games. In BF1 I knew where I was going the whole time, I knew where everyone else was going we all got together at the mouth of the cave and shot at each other, then the end of the level was a free for all shooting rebels trying to run up the hill. Hoth on BF2 is run around in a circle because all the snow mounds/cover look alike, randomly find a tauntaun, run around on that in a circle, run up to the bunker door, die because you are too close to it when it blows up, (realistic but flawed because there is no warning its going to explode) then spawn inside and the outdoors it all greyed out and you cant go back outside where its fun, you are stuck in what ends up being a match of strike.

    all that said I played Hoth 2015 at least 500 times and I've played Hoth 2017 about 20. so maybe everything will change once it play the level another 100 times. You could replace Hoth with any of the levels with this theory i guess. the more I play it the more fun it gets though.
  • ymt190e wrote: »
    In short, SWBF1 = more fun vs. SWBF2 = more sophisticated...

    EA/DICE should have keep the gameplay mechanics of SWBF1and improve/expand them for SWBF2. Instead, they have developed SWBF2 from scratch and tried to emulate Battlefield 1 with Star Wars elements. This is not the best approach as there is no sense of continuity from the first game to the predecessor. The fact that SWBF1 has still many players online is a true testament of its popularity...

    Well said.

    I got a massive buzz playing from SWBF 2015 even when I was a noob and getting slaughtered every game, because it was FUN. I’ve yet to get that from the 2nd game so far. I like the game but feel that it doesn’t like me!

    The modes in 2015 were interesting, and the maps innovative and varied in size. Extraction...what a concept and the climactic parts are what gaming is about ...i’d love to see it on the new game.




  • I really miss cargo mode. That was my favorite mode in SWBF1 and it was taken out of SWBF2 which was disappointing but in my opinion they really improved blast.
  • I miss the ingame stats like k/d en w/l in BF2.
    Also i like the progression system from BF1 more.
    Also the kill with competitve statistics i miss.
  • Overall More fun in BF1- Maps feel much less flat and less "map like" more on brand with the material. The team on BF 1 had a better understanding of the environments, and the felt more authentic and took me there- like I was in the films. The weapon variety felt more in line with Star Wars, well at least the classics. I dont like all the eras in one game or at least having the same kind of game structure. The designs and function of each era dont really carry across well along eras. For me heavies make more sense in the clone wars era, as we have seen them on the show, but not in the classic era, or sequel era. Heroes crossing eras doesnt fit, and form wierd juxtapositions on forcing balance to others. How can Yoda possibly be balanced with Rey? I mean its hard to make the stretch. In BF2 on galactic assault, i find play styles to vary greatly from map to map or favor one particular class, and instead of learning success match after match, I have to learn to play almost a different game on some maps, and the chokepoint objectives, are boring and not epic at all. I dont feel Star Wars at all while I am running to a console, just for the sake of shutting something down. At least in Walker Assault activating the beacon led to a really dramatic section, and cadence of the ywings coming in, and everyone on the entire map shooting at the walker. It felt Star Wars, if I have fight for a console give us a cinematic payoff fitting of the saga. If I have to defend turrets, if I hold them, have the fighters come in and get blown out of the sky, or if we dont have the bombers come in and wreck it. And yes the heroes are ridiculous, seeing 3 or 4 heroes on each side is so bad, and frustrating in some matches, and cheapens them immensely. I also miss some of the other modes in BF1, I saw a lot passion from the creators in making some of those modes, that doesnt come through on this new one. And total agreement on Starfighter on BF2 though, absolutely perfect. Feels Star Wars. So as many suggested merging bf1 and bf2 starfighter would be welcomed.
  • I think second looks little better at some things look these pictures :smile:

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/95665/here-are-some-photos-without-hud#latest
  • I agree the movement was a lot smoother in swbf 1, but I do like the class system and unique skins for each faction in swbf 2. I do not like the gun mechanics from swbf 2 2017, and the game modes feel so restrictive. I do like Starfighter combat more than the 1st game, but I feel the grown combat could have been improved instead of rebuilt from the ground up. Yes the 1st game was easier for all ages, but now it feels "off" even messing with settings and sensitivity. The aiming is really weird, and I find it a constant wrestle with the controls. Also more often than not my abilities for heroes and soldiers don’t always activate.

    Yes the graphics and animations are a lot nicer and more polished, but the hit boxes are wack. How can someone roll out of the way of lightsaber strikes? It makes no sense.

    For the time being I am going back to swbf 1 2015, while I wait for new content and seasons in swbf 2. I have unlocked every card and gun for the troopers, and have no desire to grind to level up my cards. 3-5 hours to unlock maybe 2 crates that have not worth the time spent. At least in swbf 1 ranking up was always a constant because when you reach a level you unlock a weapon or ability. swbf 2 has no incentive to level up your total level aside from the achievements/trophies.

    I just hope that this new game gets better; like how the first game was very different from when it first came out due to updates, patches and new content. I have faith in DICE but not EA, but I’m not holding my breath.

    Here’s hoping for swbf 3 to pick up the pieces and fix this mess.
  • Pretty graphics are nothing with crap game mechanics and design, sorry. Now a day’s people aren't as impressed with photo-realistic graphics as they were 2 years ago. To quote a YouTuber I frequent, "what matters is the story and the gameplay." And sorry to say, this game is lacking on both.

    I don’t find pleaser in writing these things, but I love star wars, and what EA have done to it, is very sad. I want nothing more than to love this game, but I just can’t.
  • CooloutAC
    1 posts Member
    edited February 9
    I hope **this one** is ok, apparently posting in proper format (initials being capitalized) and then once questioned about it being closed, adds to the post that this is Battlefront 2 forum not Battlefront 1


    Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy playing Star wars Battlefront 2 less than Star wars Battlefront 1? I mean the graphics are great in 2, but I just enjoy playing the objectives on SWBF more.

    ya I feel the same way. I like the bigger maps in battlefront 1, the player movement. BF2 feels like I'm playing doom or something. Most maps are a narrow maze. Most maps in bf1 had both at the same time. But for some reason bf2 makes me feel claustrophobic. BF1 felt bigger. And still only 40 players max? Why?

    Seems to lack the physics and destructible objects bf1 had as well.

    I also can't stand the class system for weapons and starcards. Seems like alot of grinding which is uncommon for a dice battlefield type of game. Seems like it will be hard for them to balance each class its so complicated. Feels like they focused more on an arcade singleplayer thats going to be even more exploited in multiplayer then bf1. They should of have kept things more simple.

    The only thing I like about battlefield 2 is the fact vehicles and heroes are earned in the match rather then pickup drops. The graphics are ok, but I think its mostly all overdone HDR that makes everything too dark.

    Tried to join a battlefront 1 40 player match today. noone online but 3 other players in qeue with me.

    Battlefield 1 is still where its at.
  • TheStalker88
    6047 posts Member
    edited February 14
    For me graphics, maps, visible and more true to SW blaster bolts make Battlefront 2015 a more superior product. Classes with only 4 weapons, weak heroes, slow grinding/progression and like others stated, more Doom like maps make BF17 worse more tedious and less appealing.
  • I agree with the folks above about Cargo from BF1 - it was easily my favorite mode. It combined gunplay and strategy in a way that really clicked with me personally. I'd also spend some time in Blast when all I really wanted was to get kills. Towards the end of my BF1 playing days I started to really like Turning Point as well - but then the player base dropped off and I could never seem to find a game to get into.

    I like BF2 well enough, but I'll admit that it gets boring fairly quickly. I usually only play Blast, as the GA mode is almost always a team of two or more people steamrolling the other side (more often than not I'm on the losing end of that). Plus I just cant stand Heroes. I love them in the movies - but that's where I want them to stay. I loved that BF1 had a big game mode for those of us that wanted to play without constantly getting dropped by a hero. I hope something similar comes to BF2.

    All -in-all I suppose that if BF1 was geared more towards the family friendly/noob crowd, then that explains why I liked it better. I'm an admitted casual gamer and otherwise avoid shooters altogether when they arent Star Wars.

    That being said, I LOVED the Campaign mode of BF2 other than it was over too quickly. I like having a story to follow and I like the fact that my gameplay experience was not affected by any other players. Just me and the game.
  • Battlefront 2015 is a lot quicker and you also have the ability to spawn on partners. The fun factor in general is bigger in the first battlefront due to more modes, private matches and the option to choose your loadout. The new game is a bit slower and it takes some time from when you die, to you get back in action. That's why i would say battlefront2 is more noob friendly and gets boring pretty quickly. Me and my team all went back to Battlefront 2015 because of this.
  • Yes I am playing also SWBF2015 sometimes, it is much more fun to play. I like Princess Leia outfit and autofire weapon in BF2015 and usually playing few arcade matches. I tried to play multiplayer also, but didn't find any HvV matches last night, this multiplayer game mode needs bots, it is very empty.
  • HvV is always fun. Wonder if Bespin is still populated?
  • I agree, swbf 1 was better. In swbt 2 only in Jakku can feel playing in a large scale. Naboo and Kashyyyk are awful. Too many useless details. You can't see the enemy. You see only ''ELIMINATED''. Too many letters on the screen. Can't feel playing in the star wars universe. The game could be epic, but it's not.
  • Junus
    171 posts Member
    Archer3 wrote: »
    I agree, swbf 1 was better. In swbt 2 only in Jakku can feel playing in a large scale. Naboo and Kashyyyk are awful. Too many useless details. You can't see the enemy. You see only ''ELIMINATED''. Too many letters on the screen. Can't feel playing in the star wars universe. The game could be epic, but it's not.

    Your points are awful. Naboo is the best map in SWBF2 and Kashyyyk is also awesome.

    You also just mentioned that Jakku is the best map? Get out of here!
  • HvV is always fun. Wonder if Bespin is still populated?

    Very much so on PS4....
  • Philman wrote: »
    The movement in Battlefront 1 is smoother and game play is more fun. However that game was developed to be an easy shooter and family friendly so parents could play with their kids. There was a lot of criticism of that game. Some of it was justified, some was not. The biggest criticism was no single player or campaign. I have many hours in both games and the group of guys I play with think the first game was much more fun. I think EA and Dice overcompensated on this game. In my opinion they took Battlefield and skinned it Star Wars and called it Battlefront II. I believe that the developers could have had a better game if they'd stayed with the mechanics of the first game, updated the graphics engine and added more content. I'm not a fan of the class system, the card system and loot boxes. I liked the progression and weapons in the first game more. However the more I play Battlefront 2 the more I like it. I don't know if it will ever be as fun as Battlefront 1 (2015).

    Philman says it all here
  • rahbro wrote: »
    Take Hoth for example in both games. In BF1 I knew where I was going the whole time, I knew where everyone else was going we all got together at the mouth of the cave and shot at each other, then the end of the level was a free for all shooting rebels trying to run up the hill. Hoth on BF2 is run around in a circle because all the snow mounds/cover look alike, randomly find a tauntaun, run around on that in a circle, run up to the bunker door, die because you are too close to it when it blows up, (realistic but flawed because there is no warning its going to explode) then spawn inside and the outdoors it all greyed out and you cant go back outside where its fun, you are stuck in what ends up being a match of strike.

    all that said I played Hoth 2015 at least 500 times and I've played Hoth 2017 about 20. so maybe everything will change once it play the level another 100 times. You could replace Hoth with any of the levels with this theory i guess. the more I play it the more fun it gets though.

    You’re an ****. That’s...that’s literally all I can say.

    A warning for the door blowing up? Why don’t you pay more attention? It’s so easy to know where to
    go in SWBF2, I honestly don’t know how you fail at even that.
  • Still really struggle to find a game on Bespin in BF1 (XboxOne) apart from on a Sunday. This is my favourite DLC so gutted I cannot get more game time on it.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    309 posts Member
    edited March 20
    A good game doesn't be maked in 2 years.

    BF2 is a bad attempt of Battlefield in Star Wars world. Lack of waepons, accesories and vehicles is obvious. None character customizing. Not alien races.

    BF1 has more and better game modes. For exemple AT-AT assault > Galatic assault.

    To try to do too many things at the same time, so that you cannot give enough time or attention to any of them.
    3 sagas in a only game developed in few years. It's the greatest problem of this game.

    The insipid final cutscenes is an exemple of little development time. The reason to mixing heroes of all sagas at same time is beacuse lack of time to create all them.

    Although the graphics are superior, it's has important lag problems and more charge times than the previous Battlefront.


    The only solution is much more contents and soon.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Butler
    33 posts Member
    I enjoyed both titles, having things I like in one and not the other. I also have to say I agree and disagree with most on here.. I didn't like walker assault and I'm not crazy bout GA but I do like it better by far then walker..

    And as starfighter goes I liked it far better in bf1 as in bf2 I can't get past the terrible map designs and the fact that flying never feels consistent and very glitchy,the production of starfighter in bf2 is just awful sry.

    ..heros and vilians was also better in the first version this one being a better mess then on release but still a big mess.. With that being said I had 800 hrs in the first on not sure how many on this one but I do have a few hundred I'm sure.,and I believe this could be solid title with more game modes customizations, huge changes and balancing for HnV + GA, and as for starfighter it needs trashed and re-done! I'm a blast main, only mode on bf2 that feels solid atm hoping for more in the future! ?
  • blaz3r
    154 posts Member
    I have no interest to play in arcade mode or against AI. That is no where nearly as fun as trying to out fox or out shoot another human. So those new game additions do nothing for me. Put the game back! spend development time on new weapons, maps, and characters.

    I was kind of shocked that the developers spend time on Arcade mode for patch 1.1/1.2. The REPLAY VALUE of arcade against really bad AI is nearly 0. No one can play arcade against AI for a year. In comparison, most people who play BF1 still play the multiplayer with its tournaments hosted on private servers (and only play public when they can't find someone to match against in private match pick-up games or to practice). I.e. it has high replay value.

    The game would have been so much better for friends who like to play together if private matches were added, so they can play as one group against another. This would have been my FIRST focus instead of arcade. REPLAY value-added is what I should aim for.
  • All I want in BF1 is to play on Bespin. Always seems to be the only DLC I cannot get a game on. Tried all weekend but no luck.
  • Yeah, the graphics are way better, they actually took time to make it look good. The pay-to-win sucks (duh). The campaign, while a bit rushed, is fun to play through. But I wish they had survival in 2, because onslaught is not quite as fun. I am glad that they added all maps to offline mode, and I also like the custom arcade mode. Plus the whole getting-the-tokens thing in 1 just didn't work, glad they don't have it in 2. Hopefully they will also add more blasters too. I prefer battles in 1, but hero battles are WAAAAAY better in 2. Online multiplayer can be really crappy in 2. More than once I have joined a buggy game in 2, then it exited and said "You have lost connection to EA servers." And I try over and over to connect, I restart the game several times, nothing works. Then I decide to play 1, and multiplayer works perfectly. So I guess 2 is better and worse than 1 in some ways. Best to have both of them.
    Face it, Battlefront 2 sucks. OK then, why do I play it?
    I'm starting to regret ever getting Battlefront. My brothers annoy me by pretending my nerf guns are in-game blasters lol.
    "In my experience there is no such thing as luck."
    "Who's the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    "What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station is not my idea of courage. It's more like, suicide."
    "That's not how the Force works."
    "Listen, Big Deal. You got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. Always."
    "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, farm boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
    "You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
    "Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" "No reward is worth this."
    (While playing on Battlefront's buggy servers):"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunctions, but uh ...everything's perfectly alright now." "What have you done?! I'm backwards!!!"
  • One of my friends said this to me: "EA ruined Battlefront."
    Face it, Battlefront 2 sucks. OK then, why do I play it?
    I'm starting to regret ever getting Battlefront. My brothers annoy me by pretending my nerf guns are in-game blasters lol.
    "In my experience there is no such thing as luck."
    "Who's the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    "What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station is not my idea of courage. It's more like, suicide."
    "That's not how the Force works."
    "Listen, Big Deal. You got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. Always."
    "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, farm boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
    "You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
    "Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" "No reward is worth this."
    (While playing on Battlefront's buggy servers):"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunctions, but uh ...everything's perfectly alright now." "What have you done?! I'm backwards!!!"
  • Beach vs desert oasis - both have sand and water but vastly different with positives and negatives to each.
    Miss extraction, need conquest, miss HvV 2015, hero play is more fun when heroes are vulnerable to troopers, SA is way better, traits were pretty good in 2015, jump pack and dioxis combo in 2015 was the meta, the meta in 2017 is still changing and everyone still hates Jar Jar Binks - mostly everyone.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited April 1
    Battlefront 1 is a far superior multiplayer compared to battlefront 2 in almost every way. Battlefront 2 feels like a 2nd rate generic version made entirely for noobs/casuals. It’s unlimited spam, unlimited stun, unlimited crutches, no gunskill, no good modes, no fun.
  • I love both games.

    No point turning back though, so the best thing they could do is to bring the maps and game modes from SWBF into SWBF2.

    Really miss Walker Assault and Turning Point (especially on that big Jakku map).

    Come on EA, make it happen!
  • I love both games.

    No point turning back though, so the best thing they could do is to bring the maps and game modes from SWBF into SWBF2.

    Really miss Walker Assault and Turning Point (especially on that big Jakku map).

    Come on EA, make it happen!

    Yes. Do it. Right now, EA, five, four, three, two, one, do it, right now.
    Face it, Battlefront 2 sucks. OK then, why do I play it?
    I'm starting to regret ever getting Battlefront. My brothers annoy me by pretending my nerf guns are in-game blasters lol.
    "In my experience there is no such thing as luck."
    "Who's the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    "What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station is not my idea of courage. It's more like, suicide."
    "That's not how the Force works."
    "Listen, Big Deal. You got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. Always."
    "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, farm boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
    "You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
    "Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" "No reward is worth this."
    (While playing on Battlefront's buggy servers):"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunctions, but uh ...everything's perfectly alright now." "What have you done?! I'm backwards!!!"
  • Enforcer_008
    1 posts Member
    edited July 7
    I own Starwars Battlefront 1 and think it's game play is great. Yes, it could use improvements, but overall it is an exciting, fun and great game. I have yet to purchase SWBF 2 because I can see by game play that it is not as good as SWBF 1. SWBF 2 looks choppy and confining. SWBF 2 looks like a slop job when compared to the talent and time that was invested into SWBF 1. I don't understand why EA and Dice did not use common sense and take the SWBF 1 model and improve upon it to make SWBF 2. SWBF 2 needs a major overhaul.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    309 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Battlefront 2 has been launched in beta state. With many bugs and lag errors. 2 years it's little time to developer a Star Wars game with all eras. Even so it had many maps in the begining.

    Firstly it failed:

    Lack of game modes
    Lack of skins for normal soldiers.
    Many poor details that prove a development too fast.

    But the big error was haven't a DLCs plan to the future and invest enough money. This game is fantastic but could be incredible, a super success.

    The skins are very important, many games like Fornite make money with the skins. There are a lot of people that would pay.

    With this money you develop more content as maps, weapons, skins, game modes. And all world happy during years.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • bfloo
    11603 posts Member
    I love both games.

    No point turning back though, so the best thing they could do is to bring the maps and game modes from SWBF into SWBF2.

    Really miss Walker Assault and Turning Point (especially on that big Jakku map).

    Come on EA, make it happen!

    I wasn't even a fan of WA but it is far superior to GA.

    Turning Point had potential, just bad rules for taking a sector. The Rebels should have had to take all the control points before moving forward.
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Cargo vs GA? - Cargo and other modes better than BF2 even with getting extraction back - BF1
    Maps? - after dlc's BF1 gets the nod and that is a crying shame
    Small game mode maps? - Extraction is back in BF2 but only on two maps, BF1 wins
    Graphics/sound/etc. - BF2 is much more refined
    The meta - BF1 was jump pack, bacta and your choice - BF2 has each class having it's own with more options - BF2 wins
    Replayability - BF2 due to offline, campaign - even if it is a bit hokey, multiplayer is an argument - BF2 by a nose
    Weapon gadgets, weapons in general, skins, other personal touches - BF2 does some nice things but BF1 had a lot of things right from the get go and the balancing was done much sooner on BF1 - draw
    BF1 - 3 / BF2 - 3 and one tie.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »

    Graphics/sound/etc. - BF2 is much more refined

    The sound isn't better in BF2. Thermal Implosion Grenade sound was much better in the BF1, a bass sound thunderous.
    EMHO the soundtrack was more epic too and better selected..
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • BF1 is better in all ways . . . Except, BF2 has better graphics and has Starfighter Showdown, which I don’t play anyway. I never liked the starfighter modes.
    So basically, BF2 is worse in all way, except it’s prettier to look at.
  • bfloo
    11603 posts Member
    Graphics/ sound The explosions and blasters had better sounds in the last game.

    I'm going to go with the last game for graphics too because it was easier to spot enemies.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Graphics/ sound The explosions and blasters had better sounds in the last game.

    I'm going to go with the last game for graphics too because it was easier to spot enemies.

    Yes it was, thermals seldom even have a sound in bf2, I just die and it says killed by thermal imploder, same with thermal detonator. Blaster fire was far superior in looks and sound than bf2, maps were also better imo, more epic, more immersive, and as you say, enemies were easier to see for some reason, they tend to appear out of thin air on bf2.

    Modes were far superior, this isn’t even a comparison imo, 15 was much more competitive, ttk and speed were better, 15 had a less spam/stun items and lot less crutches. Gunskill actually mattered and was rewarding in bf15 where it’s next to nonexistent in bf2. Everything about bf2 is to cater to the casual gamers and fans of Starwars imo.
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Waffles or pancakes? Both breakfast foods - good enough - but the Battlefront games play totally different. Prefer BF2 but only for a few reasons, kind of like the nostalgia for Noshahr Canals from BF3 or the base jump in Damavand Peak or the phantom game of BF4 and the community map but comparing BF3 to BF4 (while similar) is strawberries to grapes - both fruit and both grow on a vine of a sorts but quite different. More extraction maps please.
Sign In or Register to comment.