criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Crates need to only contain cards the box is for

I'm honestly getting tired of getting nothing but hero and trooper cards every single time I open up a starfighter crate. If I wanted hero upgrades, I would buy the hero box. My starfighters are the lowest levels out of literally everything in the game simple because I cannot get any cards for them unless I craft them myself. Trooper crates only gives trooper cards, starfighters crates only give base class starfighter cards, and hero crates give any hero cards, ship or otherwise. It's just that simple of an idea, how is it that hard to comprehend?

Replies

• H4YW1R3
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I have the same issue. I actually quit buying Starfighter Crates and playing Starfighter Assault because of this. It's the same for the other crates too, but for some reason the issue seems worse for Starfighter Crates.

I remember after buying my first 11 crates, I netted only 2 actual starfighter star cards. And one of those was a duplicate. All I seem to get out of it are hero cards, hero starfighter cards (which should drop from Hero Crates), and trooper cards. I've netted more starfighter cards from Trooper and Hero Crates than I have from Starfighter Crates. I have almost nothing for my standard starfighters and vehicles.

Micro-transactions for crates are effectively robbery in my eyes. There's no way in hell I'd pay real money for a crate unless crates were changed to yield what I actually paid for, and to yield crafting parts, rather than credits, for duplicates.
  • Ultimo_D
    167 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree. I had the same issue with Starfighter crates also. My first 10 or 15 crates were Starfighter crates but kept getting Millennium Falcon cards and other hero cards. So I decided to only purchase hero crates from then on. Now at least I some control over which cards I have. It's the best way to guarantee yourself at least 35 crafting parts. After a while you'll start to get a bunch of dupes. 200-1000 credits refund. Keep this up and you'll have your favorites upgraded much faster than waiting for a random drop. The credit/crafting part exchange rates sucks, but as a bonus most of your heroes will have lots of cards and upgrades.
  • Mircotransatctions in this case are definitely more of an indicator of "Who's so stupid that they don't deserve this money in the first place?" Because if people think that they're better because of the cards, then they don't deserve really anything they have.
  • bfloo
    14100 posts Member
    Mircotransatctions in this case are definitely more of an indicator of "Who's so **** that they don't deserve this money in the first place?" Because if people think that they're better because of the cards, then they don't deserve really anything they have.

Hero cards and star fighter cards have more of an impact than infantry class cards.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I stopped buying Trooper crates a long time ago and buy Hero crates pretty much exclusively for the crafting parts and the occasional non-duplicate Trooper and Starfighters cards. Works for me, but I think we need crafting parts for duplicates, not credits.
  • Because we sure aren't going to get the cards we actually need out of the crates.