criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Report starfighter campers

How is this still allowed to be a thing? People just spawn camp both fighters and troopers non-stop the entire match because they have completel dominance in the air and ground troops can do literally nothing to stop them. Not to mention the thousands of guaranteed points they get killing AI ships. 600 points per ship seen a little stupid just for killing brainless AI. The match I just finished has one person just strafing us and literally got 80 kills in the 1st phase alone. Starfighters either need to be banned from Galactic Assault altogether or reworked to give literally no points whatsoever to give people a reason to actually play as a trooper. I've seen Call of Duty games more balanced and fair than this garbage excuse of a feature.

Replies

  • The points have been nerfed so you don't get many points for killing A.I.

    As for strafing, your team have to work together to take down a fighter. If one trooper could easily take down a fighter then no one would get in the air. One good pilot can turn the tide in a failing team.

    And what do you suggest people do when yo spawn in the air? Give you time so you can spend 5 minutes going round in circles till some one else comes along and shoots you down.
  • And what are we supposed to do whenever we can't kill them instantly and they just fly away to regen all the damage we did like it was nothing? What are we supposed to do then, ignore the objective altogether to focus solely on 1 fighter that can take all the damage people can do and just run when it gets close to death? Give me one reason why that logic isn't **** in every way.
  • This isn’t a bannable offense. Quite simply just needs to be fixed.
  • "i dont like CAS so take it out nyahh!"
  • I understand you're frustration but why should you be able to kill a star fighter instantly? There's not even that many good pilots in GA, and if you're team don't get in the air first then it's a team issue. Whichever team gets all their fighters in the air first tend to have air domination unless they're bad pilots.
  • Vish121 wrote: »
    I understand you're frustration but why should you be able to kill a star fighter instantly? There's not even that many good pilots in GA, and if you're team don't get in the air first then it's a team issue. Whichever team gets all their fighters in the air first tend to have air domination unless they're bad pilots.

    all it really takes is three snipers to keep the sky clear anyway, ops complaint is pretty moot especially in a combined arms star wars game
  • It's frustrating that bad pilots want to be able to kill good pilots easily. Good pilots help take out tanks, clear objective points, stave off the defenders from disarming and dog fight opposing star fighters. Now you want to add a way to easily kill fighters from the ground.

    You know how frustrating it was in BF1 where you'd be dogfighting someone and about 5 people would hide in a corner constantly aiming an ion torpedo at you and insta killing you.
  • So bad pilots are what, exactly? You listed literally the only things you can do while in the air. Terribly sorry I'm playing Galactic Assault just so useless Starfighter Assault losers can actually feel like they can actually fly a ship correctly because you have to have perfect coordination with the team to actually have a chance to take one down. Considering how much you're defending it, you must be one of the useless pilots who can't do anything in Starfighter Assault.
  • So bad pilots are what, exactly? You listed literally the only things you can do while in the air. Terribly sorry I'm playing Galactic Assault just so useless Starfighter Assault losers can actually feel like they can actually fly a ship correctly because you have to have perfect coordination with the team to actually have a chance to take one down. Considering how much you're defending it, you must be one of the useless pilots who can't do anything in Starfighter Assault.

    So, when your doing an objective and a teammate pilot does a strafing run killing the guys that are hounding down on that position, you're like damn that pesky pilot! or when on kashyyk and an AAT is just slaughtering the men with the ion disruptor and a Y wing comes in and protos that tank to ****, you're like those damn useless pilots! dont do nuffin!, Dude Galactic assault is combined arms, and no matter what you say, you're not going to remove that element
  • THen offer up something to fix it, ignorant ****! What use are you if all you're going to do is say "This is the game"? Grow a pair and do something useful for once in your life instead of misunderstanding simple points.
  • Or camping at starfighter spawn areas in starfighter assualt is still a thing too
  • THen offer up something to fix it, ignorant ****! What use are you if all you're going to do is say "This is the game"? Grow a pair and do something useful for once in your life instead of misunderstanding simple points.

    Stop being so rude. Most people who play this game have some kind of issue with the balance. Calling people names is just going to get your thread closed.

    I agree with you in the sense that it feels like there's a balance issue when star fighters can pwn everyone and when you try to spawn in one, you're dead the second you get control of your ship. The vehicles do not exist in GA harmoniously with the rest of the gameplay like they do in the battlefield games.

    Take a step back and chill
  • It's a wanted game machanic which is known and critized since the Alpha. Don't abuse the report system.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • this what happens when developers gives in to complaints. Now people are gonna complain about everything.
  • THen offer up something to fix it, ignorant ****! What use are you if all you're going to do is say "This is the game"? Grow a pair and do something useful for once in your life instead of misunderstanding simple points.

    I don't see you offering anything but a crying thread on how much you hate ships, hypocrite.
  • Not trying to start a fight, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would be pretty happy if starfighters were removed from Galactic Assault and/or the entire game.
  • Mereel13 wrote: »
    Not trying to start a fight, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would be pretty happy if starfighters were removed from Galactic Assault and/or the entire game.

    should remove troopers from galactic assault. vehicles only
  • Rismus
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Bomber pilot here, all purple Bomber star cards and killstreaks that break 66+ in a match.

    If 1-2 players on the enemy team are actually focused on shooting down the bomber it's almost impossible to get a decent kill count. A well-flown interceptor is extremely, extremely hard to deal with and I have to pull every trick in the book to get away from a good inty pilot. If I have 2 more pilots trying to take me down it's gg for me - I might as well spawn on the ground, even if I did manage to fight them off I'd be spending the whole match flying in circles in an oversized dogfighter.

    Ion rockets from the ground won't take me out but they do prevent me from continuing my strafing run - same goes for sniper fire, AAT/AT-ST fire, and sometimes supercharged/explosive sentry. Just because you don't blow me out of the sky doesn't mean you didn't do anything - every time you force me to break off you save the lives of 2-4 teammates.

    If you're dealing with a starfighter team that's focused on air superiority that's another story - but there is really no such thing as an aerial spawnkill unless you're dumb enough to try and head-on the dominant team. You can always at least force a turn fight by breaking right or left, using afterburners, your defensive ability, etc. Every minute a bomber spends fighting you is a minute literally everyone on your ground team is safe from its guns - even if you're a bad pilot.

    If you wanna remove starfighters by all means remove heroes and tanks too - as many kills I get as a bomber, I still usually lose the podium by 2 or 3 places to ground heroes and their insane killstreaks. Just because you got killed from the air doesn't mean it didn't take skill, I was wrecked as a pilot for a long time until I learned how to dogfight, maintain situational awareness, spot ground targets, strafe from good angles, and escape enemy fighters.

    TL;DR: Try to learn to play better, or more creatively, before crying OP/nerf/devdelete all starfighter assets from game files.
    [XB1] RECRUITING GA STARFIGHTER PILOTS HERE:
    BLACK SQUADRON RECRUITMENT THREAD
  • I fly starfighters if no one uses them and I want a quick burst of points to play heroes or reinforcements. Occasionally, when snipers start shooting my Fighter/Interceptor, I need to make multiple passes to kill them off slowly. If the other team has a competent pilot, then it's fair game. If the other team has rubbish pilots that struggle to shot me down, I ignore them, thereby denying the enemy team of having a good pilot take the starfighter, and just go on my usual strafing runs taking out infantry and tanks. Sue me.
  • Rismus wrote: »
    Bomber pilot here, all purple Bomber star cards and killstreaks that break 66+ in a match.

    If 1-2 players on the enemy team are actually focused on shooting down the bomber it's almost impossible to get a decent kill count. A well-flown interceptor is extremely, extremely hard to deal with and I have to pull every trick in the book to get away from a good inty pilot. If I have 2 more pilots trying to take me down it's gg for me - I might as well spawn on the ground, even if I did manage to fight them off I'd be spending the whole match flying in circles in an oversized dogfighter.

    Ion rockets from the ground won't take me out but they do prevent me from continuing my strafing run - same goes for sniper fire, AAT/AT-ST fire, and sometimes supercharged/explosive sentry. Just because you don't blow me out of the sky doesn't mean you didn't do anything - every time you force me to break off you save the lives of 2-4 teammates.

    If you're dealing with a starfighter team that's focused on air superiority that's another story - but there is really no such thing as an aerial spawnkill unless you're dumb enough to try and head-on the dominant team. You can always at least force a turn fight by breaking right or left, using afterburners, your defensive ability, etc. Every minute a bomber spends fighting you is a minute literally everyone on your ground team is safe from its guns - even if you're a bad pilot.

    If you wanna remove starfighters by all means remove heroes and tanks too - as many kills I get as a bomber, I still usually lose the podium by 2 or 3 places to ground heroes and their insane killstreaks. Just because you got killed from the air doesn't mean it didn't take skill, I was wrecked as a pilot for a long time until I learned how to dogfight, maintain situational awareness, spot ground targets, strafe from good angles, and escape enemy fighters.

    TL;DR: Try to learn to play better, or more creatively, before crying OP/nerf/devdelete all starfighter assets from game files.

    +1
    giphy.gif
  • Mereel13 wrote: »
    Not trying to start a fight, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would be pretty happy if starfighters were removed from Galactic Assault and/or the entire game.

    Why the entire game? I could understand wanting them out of GA if that's what you play and don't like dealing with them, but SA is a mode a ton of people enjoy. Don't like it? Don't play it.
    giphy.gif
  • I think it would be better if you couldn't earn points when playing with starfighter - just like enforcers. My problem with starfighters in GA is that on first phase on Hoth or Starkiller base I die more from starfighters than troopers. When I see starfighter aproaching I run for cover from that side, look how to avoid enemy troops and other fighter shoots me from behinde. There is no real cover on this maps.
    And they should be wrecking havoc with ground troops, shooting around the objectives... But why would I wait a minute or more to spawn and get insta killed in spawn point from above. 10sec to spawn - just enaugh time for starfighter to turn around and kill me again. You are deffensles. And it goes on and on.
    I don't want to go to starfighter, kill other pilot, respawn on purpose to continue playing on ground, so that other player imediately goes back to sf and continue... And I don't mind LAAT or AAT, or AT-ST... I can deal with them just fine from the ground with any class.
    I liked WA and CP in BF1. Never had this problem. You had starfighters, objective play, flying around, or strafing. But they didn't go to spawn points.
    If tgere would be ion torpedoes or some rockets you could pick up and shoot at starfighters. That would be another deal.
    The only way you earn points should be by playing with 4 classes. And than you can be anything you want. You can choose to play as enforcer for as many times your points allow you, or fly, be a hero 2-3 times.
    And not to kill Al and than respawn in air again.
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.
  • DarthDidds
    369 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    My friend is a so-so trooper but an amazing pilot. When we go out in a group, he'll grab a starfighter as soon as he can and helps us from the air. We call him in on strafing runs when we need air support. Once he amasses enough points, he'll grab a hero and charge into the fray. It's a great deal of fun, for him and for us.

    Why can my friend not enjoy the game his way, but you get to enjoy it yours?
  • Personally, I don't like that the only counter to a thing is another of the same thing. I think either adding a new elite class that has anti-air abilities or adding cards to the existing enforcer or aerial classes that could replace some of their abilities with anti-air capabilities would be reasonable additions.
  • Tarrick wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like that the only counter to a thing is another of the same thing. I think either adding a new elite class that has anti-air abilities or adding cards to the existing enforcer or aerial classes that could replace some of their abilities with anti-air capabilities would be reasonable additions.

    only if ships get starcards are that can replace abilities for strictly air to ground assault.
  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This isn't a new thread, I've read all the comments and I won't get into another war with some forum members here like on the previous similar thread.

    OP... I'm not surprised people are bashing on you, just like they bashed on me previously using the same flawed arguments, but no matter how you try to counter argue they just won't get it.

    This is one of those debates where every one has an opinion and every one thinks each other stinks. So I'm with you, vehicles are imbalanced, fighters belong in SA not in GA, taking out a fighter isn't as simple as they make it sound like... AND this isn't a team based game and coordination is a RARE thing. But... "you just need to have two people focused on taking vehicles down for the entire duration of the match"... right, where's my voice comm to coordinate with my team and ask people to spawn as Heavies or use Ion weapons? Even if I had that I would probably just get a "do it yourself nub!!1" reply. I suppose I could always waste 5 seconds typing while I'm getting shot from every side of the map either.

    Finally it is unfair that on an obvious infantry / ground mode vehicles have such a huge impact, let's see... 9/10 matches the top 3 or 4 players on the podium show up as a vehicle, If I wasn't playing the game I would think this game was some kind of GTA where the point is to drive vehicles.

    Too much power has been given to vehicles and people argue it's easy to counter them when it really isn't that easy. It may be in paper but not anywhere else.

    Also fighters already have their own mode.
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    This isn't a new thread, I've read all the comments and I won't get into another war with some forum members here like on the previous similar thread.

    OP, I'm not surprised people are bashing on you, just like they bashed on me previously using the same flawed arguments, but no matter how you try to counter argue they just won't get it. This is one of those debates where every one has an opinion and every one thinks each other stinks. So I'm with you, vehicles are imbalanced, fighters belong in SA not in GA, taking out a fighter isn't as simple as they make it sound like... AND this isn't a team based game and coordination is a RARE thing. Finally it is unfair that on an obvious infantry / ground mode vehicles have such a huge impact, let's see... 9/10 matches the top 3 or 4 players on the podium show up as a vehicle, If I wasn't playing the game I would think this game was some kind of GTA where the point is to drive vehicles.

    you want an infantry only mode... go play blast or strike. The exact description of Galactic assault is "Battle on a series of large team-oriented, objective-based maps. Join two teams of twenty in conflicts across iconic locations, pilot favorite vehicles, choose from among four trooper classes, call in reinforcements, and be a hero." It was specifically designed to incorporate vehicles, reinforcements, troopers, and heroes. To say they don't belong shows that you fail to see the the point of the mode. The whole idea is to bring those that like heroes, those that like piloting, and those that like gun game together. I like star fighter assault but my friend likes to be on the ground. GA allows us to play together. It's not like every phase/map allows vehicles anyway. People are finding more creative ways to take on vehicles from the ground. As people unlock better cards, itll become easier. when the game released I could've understand how there was no way to counter. But at this point you should put a few points into anti vehicle cards.

    Here's the real reason people bash on those that call the removal of vehicles. People haven't tried (or shown any evidence) of trying to counter vehicles. If you would've said that you brought out the ion smart missile, ion grenade, ion turret, ion shot, maybe built a anti vehicle heavy class with a super charged sentry, tried countering with armored vehicles (they have anti air abilities), another ship to counter there's, and you discovered that ships were still dominating then maybe you'll have a valid argument. Instead its crying and complaining because you don't want to be the one to take on the ships. As for the ship spawn. there is a region where enemy ships cannot enter. The problem I notice is that ships trying to take you on head on instead of going around. The ship already in the air has the advantage if and only if all the abilities are not on cooldown. If they are on cooldown then the spawning ship will have the advantage in a head on fight because they have all their abilities. Best thing to do is make tight turn and attempt to get behind them. And yes it will not happen the first time. I've fought 1v3 in the air achieving only 1 kill before i die. I repeated until i took them all out. Then they would spawn at the same time. I cant see which ship is which but I would try to go after the interceptor as it goes down the fastest before switching to the fighter. If my abilities are on cooldown I return to my spawn to regen and wait for abilities before re engaging enemy fighters. Ship fighting is not as easy as people make it to be. They just think you fly in a straight line and hope you got a higher health pool/ more damage then the other ship flying straight at you.
  • Telling people to go play Blast or Strike is really a flawed argument. Obviously you never thought about enjoying a bigger mode with 40v40 with a bigger map (not just the cropped size maps of 10v10 or 8v8) and still be able to play objectives but without being spawn camped and harassed by a unit for which the game didn't provide you tools to deal with from an infantry point of view. Yeah sure, if players should be able to enjoy and play the way they want, that also applies to people that enjoy playing troopers. But I guess like on every jungle there is always a king, it's pretty clear who the king is in GA. Remind me to disagree with you and come up with some selfish argument the next time I read one of your threads complaining how you got killed by some random thing.
  • And this topic will be ending here now.

    This is not actually not allowed. If you what to give feedback on how to balance this in the future, feel free to do so but topics like this help no one sadly and its not something that is being actioned.

    You can also take them down easily if you focus fire in specific ways, so its not impossible.

    Closed.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

    Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!