criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Speeders on Crait

Well, using a speeder on Crait is freaking fun, and looks awesome.
Not taking the fact in consideration that speeders are totally useless and are only good for running over enemy troopers (the weapons are good for nothing) the purpose of the speeder on Crait is also to block the line of sight with the red dust.

Wouldn't be it logical to give battlepoints or score for this action as well?

For example the game would reward you with an x ammount of score if you are building up an 200 m long red dust wall.

Replies

• Sparkynutz
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    They give a decent amount of points if your team can hit the walkers with the ion disruptors.

You constantly leave a dust trail, so that would be OP if you use it for more than 20 seconds. They wouldn't give you BP for that, especially not in a free vehicle.
  • Sparkynutz wrote: »
    They give a decent amount of points if your team can hit the walkers with the ion disruptors.

You constantly leave a dust trail, so that would be OP if you use it for more than 20 seconds. They wouldn't give you BP for that, especially not in a free vehicle.

AH yeah that's why I ment it that you have to build up a straight wall.....not just some random curvy dust wall :)
  • What would the point be though? Defenders have to whittle down the attackers numbers, that dust wall prevents you from easily seeing the enemy. If people started just making runs between the two sides and make it difficult as heck to see anyone, the attackers hit the second phase with 100 reinforcements, guaranteed. It's more beneficial to have them run behind the enemy picking off enemies unlock enough to be on the surface, and doing damage to the walkers and AT-STs.
  • You can really fominate the scoreboard with those things. They are damn near impossible to hit, and the gun is very good if you manage to aim well.
  • When I use one of these speeders, I think of this: vl7wYy3.gif
    qx08b.gif

• You can really fominate the scoreboard with those things. They are **** near impossible to hit, and the gun is very good if you manage to aim well.

A Heavy player who knows what they are doing can farm these the whole phase and finish with 10-15K BP. They are incredibly easy to hit especially with sentry. Even the spread of the normal weapons can hit them at long range. I love farming them. Some drivers make it their mission to gun right for me and just crash into the Walker's chassis lol.

I camp behind the legs which is perfect cover from the snipers.
    -Ion Turret, mostly to feast on oblivious snipers and prevent gophers from flanking me
    -Ion Torpedo is a guaranteed hit
    -Ion Shot mod on the FWMB-10K, does good damage and really punishes people who drag slowly for kills
  • The speed on Craig one shot heroes.... Again......
  • You can really fominate the scoreboard with those things. They are **** near impossible to hit, and the gun is very good if you manage to aim well.

A Heavy player who knows what they are doing can farm these the whole phase and finish with 10-15K BP. They are incredibly easy to hit especially with sentry. Even the spread of the normal weapons can hit them at long range. I love farming them. Some drivers make it their mission to gun right for me and just crash into the Walker's chassis lol.

I camp behind the legs which is perfect cover from the snipers.
    -Ion Turret, mostly to feast on oblivious snipers and prevent gophers from flanking me
    -Ion Torpedo is a guaranteed hit
    -Ion Shot mod on the FWMB-10K, does good damage and really punishes people who drag slowly for kills

Bingo. I always go Heavy/turret/torp and farm them in the first phase. Fun.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    The speed on Craig one shot heroes.... Again......

Why on earth would you be on the surface with a 6-8k hero on Crait? If the speeders don't get you, the heavies and snipers will have a field day with you.
  • rocketpig wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Why on earth would you be on the surface with a 6-8k hero on Crait? If the speeders don't get you, the heavies and snipers will have a field day with you.

Exactly. Some people expect their precious heroes to be invulnerable.

To be fair, I have some game issues with how useless the saber heroes are so much of the time but that's a different argument than just standing out in the open and expecting to survive.

Though it'd be nice if so many maps weren't saber hero hostile. Mainly the open ones where there aren't places to hide like Crait. The first half of Kashyyk is a good example. You either hide in the weeds with a saber hero or you die. Those are pretty much your options.
    rocketpig wrote: »

To be fair, I have some game issues with how useless the saber heroes are so much of the time but that's a different argument than just standing out in the open and expecting to survive.

Though it'd be nice if so many maps weren't saber hero hostile. Mainly the open ones where there aren't places to hide like Crait. The first half of Kashyyk is a good example. You either hide in the weeds with a saber hero or you die. Those are pretty much your options.

Welp, maybe don’t select a saber hero on certain maps or parts of maps.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member

Ambushing while running around the weeds with Yoda or Maul is a lot of fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Welp, maybe don’t select a saber hero on certain maps or parts of maps.

I stopped a long time ago. :D

My point is only that it'd be *nice* to see more functional saber heroes, though I'm not really sure how to make that happen.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, it works somewhat but it requires the other team to actually *be* in the weeds. A couple of times I've just wandered around doing mostly nothing because no one would enter the weeds and I sure as hell wasn't going to leave the weeds.

But I've mostly stopped playing saber heroes in those wide open spaces so it's not really a big deal, just slightly disappointing.
    bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, it works somewhat but it requires the other team to actually *be* in the weeds. A couple of times I've just wandered around doing mostly nothing because no one would enter the weeds and I sure as **** wasn't going to leave the weeds.

But I've mostly stopped playing saber heroes in those wide open spaces so it's not really a big deal, just slightly disappointing.

Lol. Take a nice peaceful stroll and admire the wildlife. Those creepy bogmen creatures always startle me.

The first half of Kashyyyk is a good example where everyone dies unless you hide in the weeds, regardless of whether or not you are a hero. Camp sniper fest full stop.
  • Has anyone else seen that resistance ski-speeder that kinda looks like a helicopter? I saw it during a squad loading screen, but can’t seem to find any info online about it.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Erqwas92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen that resistance ski-speeder that kinda looks like a helicopter? I saw it during a squad loading screen, but can’t seem to find any info online about it.

I have seen this on the spawn screen
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Erqwas92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen that resistance ski-speeder that kinda looks like a helicopter? I saw it during a squad loading screen, but can’t seem to find any info online about it.

It's just a visual bug during loading that makes the back turbine blades look huge. It's just the normal speeder.
    - Matt (Definitely not Kylo Ren)
  • It had a different name though. This happend like two hours after the dlc released. I’m wondering if it’s a developers only feature right now. If you look at the resistance spawn screen, you can see one black square with no option to click.