criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rage Quitting is the new AFK in HvV

I almost find it more frustrating to have an actual human player who probably spent ten minutes waiting in a lobby leave the game after their team loses the first two rounds.

Like, just play the game. You can come back. It's OK.

As much as I like not having regular infantry in this mode, at least in the last game someone's rage quit wouldn't cripple the team for the rest of the game.

Replies

• if its not one thing its another...
  • I almost find it more frustrating to have an actual human player who probably spent ten minutes waiting in a lobby leave the game after their team loses the first two rounds.

As much as I like not having regular infantry in this mode, at least in the last game someone's rage quit wouldn't cripple the team for the rest of the game.

I like a rage quit on my team... Makes HvV actually challenging. But when you have an afkers it's a free kill for them when marked.
  • I almost find it more frustrating to have an actual human player who probably spent ten minutes waiting in a lobby leave the game after their team loses the first two rounds.

I like a rage quit on my team... Makes HvV actually challenging. But when you have an afkers it's a free kill for them when marked.

Agreed, better than a free kill...At the same time there needs to be a penalty for just "leaving"...like cant join any que for X minutes or something. Not sure if you do but you should get no points/credits...
  • I've done that, but I wouldn't call it a rage quit. I'm just not going to sit there and get wrecked when my team doesn't stick together and we're going up against people that are.
  • Sparkynutz wrote: »
    I've done that, but I wouldn't call it a rage quit. I'm just not going to sit there and get wrecked when my team doesn't stick together and we're going up against people that are.

^this^

Also, I will leave any game that has ANY credit spinners! even the opposing team.
    A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
  • I'm level 50 now. Ragequitting is a huge waste if time since my only source of credits is finishing matches now. I even finish matches where I am 1v4 because all of my other teammates left.
  • I'm level 50 now. Ragequitting is a huge waste if time since my only source of credits is finishing matches now. I even finish matches where I am 1v4 because all of my other teammates left.

yee. only hurting yourself by leaving.

I'm the same way, I'll stick it out to the end no matter how bad it is, I can always leave after the match. I don't play the mode much, but it can get pretty frustrating when the teams are lopsided, more so than other modes.

I'm the same way, I'll stick it out to the end no matter how bad it is, I can always leave after the match. I don't play the mode much, but it can get pretty frustrating when the teams are lopsided, more so than other modes.

I agree as well. I'll never rage quit - I don't care how bad my team is getting stomped and if/when my teammates start quitting. As long we still get a credit payout, even with a pathetic performance, I see no point in leaving until after the game is over. If nothing else, I can still attempt to make progress towards hero milestones.
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • I find it frustrating what DICE/EA have done here. People are being almost forced to finish rounds just so they get the credits coming to them.

I've done exactly the same, since I didn't know if you'd get credits for a half finished round. Do you get any?

I wasn't taking the chance so stayed in an awful game where someone had the objective and couldn't be bothered to do anything with it. And since they were playing a special class on Maz's castle, they simply camped up top with another special protecting them and noone was able to kill them.

I suppose the only solution if you are about to rage quit is to have an elastic band and controller nearby. Now there's an idea....
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • Datroublemaker
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I never had done that before. I even dont understand it... You gain xp every match even if its just 4 or 5000. Its wasted lifetime if u quit just because u get wrecked by the other team. Many players dont understand that but i had matches where players quit half match and me and my friend still wrecked the other team as 2 people. I find it funny... 2 or 3 bad rounds not mean that the match is fully decided!
  • I dislike people leaving, for whatever reason unless you're forced to leave. We already have afkers spinning and destroying the mode, we don't need people leaving because they feel that they are getting stomped because of being grouped into bad groups. You leaving is just as bad as these afkers spinning around doing nothing.
  • Agreed that this is annoying, however, being the only one touching the first objective on Jakku and having 8 enemies contesting it all shoot you at the same time, because your the only one available to shoot, is not fun to play at all, and might not be worth the 150 credits you get after getting quickly steamrolled. Not to mention good luck getting consistent kills as the only person on objective to progress your weapons or attachments. Not saying that ragequitting is okay, I can see your frustration. But I also think that if a game or team is making the salt consume you, you should be able to leave the situation like every other problem.
  • So the worst mode in the game is still not worth playing? Gotcha.
  • Sparkynutz wrote: »
    I've done that, but I wouldn't call it a rage quit. I'm just not going to sit there and get wrecked when my team doesn't stick together and we're going up against people that are.

Yeah this mode is very much team based. It's no fun playing against a team that stick's together while your team doesn't. Slaughter guaranteed.
  • I find it frustrating what DICE/EA have done here. People are being almost forced to finish rounds just so they get the credits coming to them.

I've done exactly the same, since I didn't know if you'd get credits for a half finished round. Do you get any?

I wasn't taking the chance so stayed in an awful game where someone had the objective and couldn't be bothered to do anything with it. And since they were playing a special class on Maz's castle, they simply camped up top with another special protecting them and noone was able to kill them.

I suppose the only solution if you are about to rage quit is to have an elastic band and controller nearby. Now there's an idea....

But... you're suppose to finish a round if you start one up... not leave in the middle of it I understand somethings you need to leave for but you're not suppose to leave just to leave or because you're team is getting destroyed.
  • sitht0r wrote: »
    So the worst mode in the game is still not worth playing? Gotcha.

Wait a second, I didn't know we were talking about strike. :p
  • Jonny_Chaos
    306 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This is the most infuriating game i've ever played. I can't wait to see my quit stat i think it's a new record. Don't play HvV though, mainly quit GA. Strike and Blast aren't too bad but GA is the worst. If you could relax a bit and enjoy it, it would be a good game.
  • iceman2kx
    125 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I can understand why people rage quit in HvV, it's a very irritating mode to play. I don't personally rage quit, but what I have noticed is the team to lose the initial "clash" at the beginning of the round is usually the team to rage quit.

What happens is the winning team is still grouped together, and the way the spawns work in HvV is you're spawned randomly on the edge of the map somewhere no where near any of your team, so the grouped up team just picks individuals off. It can create a hostile environment for the losing team and that's when you'll see people QQing, "OMG STICK TOGETHER NOOBS." People just rage quit because they assume their team sucks rather than just turning the bad spawns back on the other team. The problem with the spawn points is, you have one teammate at point A, another at B and another at C and the entire enemy team in between!

Another irritating thing is sometimes a group of players in ganging up on say Han Solo, and he's pretty much dead. Then the game selects him as the target. It's pretty much a free point for the team.

Thing is, I've seen some crazy come backs in this mode, and they happen all the time. But not if the QQers rage quit.
  • timidobserver
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    iceman2kx wrote: »
    I can understand why people rage quit in HvV, it's a very irritating mode to play. I don't personally rage quit, but what I have noticed is the team to lose the initial "clash" at the beginning of the round is usually the team to rage quit.

What happens is the winning team is still grouped together, and the way the spawns work in HvV is you're spawned randomly on the edge of the map somewhere no where near any of your team, so the grouped up team just picks individuals off. It can create a hostile environment for the losing team and that's when you'll see people QQing, "OMG STICK TOGETHER NOOBS." People just rage quit because they assume their team sucks rather than just turning the bad spawns back on the other team. The problem with the spawn points is, you have one teammate at point A, another at B and another at C and the entire enemy team in between!

Another irritating thing is sometimes a group of players in ganging up on say Han Solo, and he's pretty much dead. Then the game selects him as the target. It's pretty much a free point for the team.

Thing is, I've seen some crazy come backs in this mode, and they happen all the time. But not if the QQers rage quit.

I see the most ragequits from lightside teams because they are so vulnerable. 1v1 or group vs group, they are fine, but Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Finn are easy kills if they don't have group support. This usually happens once the dark side gets their group spawning to different sides of the map. On the other hand, Maul, Palpatine, and Boba Fett can use their mobility advantages and the lack of stopping CCs on the light side to easily delay long enough for group support to arrive.
  • @iceman2kx +1 to crazy comebacks. I've pulled games back from 10 - 3 and what not. Just gotta be resilient and patient.
  • The wait time is ridiculous.
  • People don't like playing imbalanced matches when they're on the losing side. I get this, I have quit a couple GA matches because I was on the most useless team ever and the match just wasn't being fun at all. I don't play for the credits either so I couldn't care less if I don't earn any credits after a match. Maybe you guys should be focusing on the real problem here, why do people leave? Because they're outmatched, and that is a problem with the matchmaking in this game, or the lack of. Focus on getting that fixed and take it from there.
  • Agreed that this is annoying, however, being the only one touching the first objective on Jakku and having 8 enemies contesting it all shoot you at the same time, because your the only one available to shoot, is not fun to play at all, and might not be worth the 150 credits you get after getting quickly steamrolled. Not to mention good luck getting consistent kills as the only person on objective to progress your weapons or attachments. Not saying that ragequitting is okay, I can see your frustration. But I also think that if a game or team is making the salt consume you, you should be able to leave the situation like every other problem.

This mate. And focus on getting the matchmaking in this game right.
  • I think the matchmaking can be problematic, but I also think it’s not really possible to solve that on such a small mode. If ONE PLAYER is head and shoulders above the other seven, it makes a real impact.

In GA that’s not the case because it’s so large.

Also rage quitting is much worse in HvV because a team of 20 isn’t going to miss one player much. But to a team of 4 it can be devastating.

That said, I do wish the game shuffled the teams until a bit more in between rounds.
  • I played games where i was the only one shooting the at-at in my team so...this resume the queue of the game
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    People don't like playing imbalanced matches when they're on the losing side. I get this, I have quit a couple GA matches because I was on the most useless team ever and the match just wasn't being fun at all. I don't play for the credits either so I couldn't care less if I don't earn any credits after a match. Maybe you guys should be focusing on the real problem here, why do people leave? Because they're outmatched, and that is a problem with the matchmaking in this game, or the lack of. Focus on getting that fixed and take it from there.

I don’t think it’s so much match making as it is clueless players who think spamming attack and rushing the entire team will award them with a victory. People run around in HvV like they’re gods. Usually end up being slapped around by someone know knows how to play a hero.
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    People don't like playing imbalanced matches when they're on the losing side. I get this, I have quit a couple GA matches because I was on the most useless team ever and the match just wasn't being fun at all. I don't play for the credits either so I couldn't care less if I don't earn any credits after a match. Maybe you guys should be focusing on the real problem here, why do people leave? Because they're outmatched, and that is a problem with the matchmaking in this game, or the lack of. Focus on getting that fixed and take it from there.

I don’t think it’s so much match making as it is clueless players who think spamming attack and rushing the entire team will award them with a victory. People run around in HvV like they’re gods. Usually end up being slapped around by someone know knows how to play a hero.

HvV needs to have a competitive and casual mode. You can't match those with high skill and team work with those who don't know how to play properly but want to run around having fun. This mode is to unforgiving.
  • KrewZi wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »

HvV needs to have a competitive and casual mode. You can't match those with high skill and team work with those who don't know how to play properly but want to run around having fun. This mode is to unforgiving.

In my opinion “casual mode” is arcade. You can run around as a hero and go slaughter AI to your hearts content... yeah you can’t face another hero as of now but why enter a game mode with a purpose and disregard the objective? If you’re not gonna play the objective you might as well go in arcade.
  • With this game everyone on all levels are in the same match. These problems are expected. The only way to get good competition is to have players playing with others on a similar level.
  • cal_DUB
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The more I played and leveled up in this game, the more matchmaking screws me. I played the hell out of this since presale and now I'm at level 50. Almost every game I play is a loosing battle because matchmaking throws in more noobs than I like in my team. It's not fun if you have to play "tryhard" all the time just to win. Sorry for ranting but if you feel like I do, add me Cal_DUBS on ps4, again I played a lot so I'm not bad either. Help me make it fun again!