criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The new credits ‘count up’

It’s a (minor) irritant, does anyone actually like it?

Where before you ended a game and saw your credit reward, now you wait a few seconds then wait while it counts upwards. I could be waiting to see the achievements screen or waiting to quit, and this is just an unnecessary hold up.

Replies

• It's like winning the bonus on a slot machine. Wait..slots..gambling.. lol. Couldnt resist!

I've spent almost 200 hours in this game, but I think only 50 hours playing, the rest in menus and cut scenes.
  • stevenomes
    4606 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I noticed this but it doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I think for a moment I got glitched and received 0 credits but then it starts counting them up.
  • I like it the only thing I don’t like is joining an almost over game getting 10+ kills and only being awarded 1 credit because you were there
    for only a few minutes.
  • Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    I don't mind it.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • i don't need it :)
  • A hold up of like a second... really...I don't find it as a big deal, doesn't take long for it to count up
  • lok
    954 posts Member
    I believe its EA`s new program to nullify the afk`ers,if you watch it,it first counts the points you made in game-(afk`ers dont make points in game)..then rewards you based apon your points.
    So therefore the afk`ers would not get any credits at all.
    That is my opinion though.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    A hold up of like a second... really...I don't find it as a big deal, doesn't take long for it to count up

Any second added to the already ridiculous wait times in this game is a second too many. Shave them, don’t add them.
  • @lok not sure what you mean. It still shows 0 for me at first but I don't afk. Also afk get some points from sacrifice when people (rightly) kill them. Afk is a bigger problem in hvv than GA. Not sure why they changed the credit payout screen. I think op point it just why did they do this? Other issues could be fixed but they did some cosmetic change in the post game screen
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I hate it, those extra 5 seconds mean so much when I am trying to just exit or whatever, I mean I don't like wasting time when I am wasting time playing video games.
  • Oreo
    733 posts Member
    I like it
  • OOM19
    2758 posts Member
    It does take a awful long time
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • It’s a (minor) irritant, does anyone actually like it?

Where before you ended a game and saw your credit reward, now you wait a few seconds then wait while it counts upwards. I could be waiting to see the achievements screen or waiting to quit, and this is just an unnecessary hold up.

What’s your rush? You still need to wait another 5 minutes for the next match to begin anyway? Ok ok, maybe not 5 but it certainly feels that long at times.
  • A minor annoyance that definitely got a slight eye roll when I first noticed it.

‘Sweet, now there’s a credit gli...oh, lame’
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    A minor annoyance that definitely got a slight eye roll when I first noticed it.

‘Sweet, now there’s a credit gli...oh, lame’

That was pretty much my exact train of thought.
  • If I tab away from the credits screen before it's finished counting then it reads 0 when I go back, whether or not it rewards me 0 credits I haven't determined but it's likely a UI error
  • Its to give you something "to do" while waiting for the incredibly long load times to get you into the next game... /s