criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Deathtroopers Need An Explosive

Love using Deathtroopers as they're great overall, they just need an explosive (preferably a Thermal Imploder) to replace the Sonic Imploder. Got nothing against the Sonic Imploder, it should just be introduced as a star card for one of the main troopers instead.

If Sentinels are another reinforcement that's actually gonna make its way in then I hope we see another form of Deathtrooper welding the E11-D, as well as that gun being an unlockable for Assault.

Wookiees and B2s are perfect, no need for them to change. Glad that Thermal and Sonic Imploders are thrown further now.

Aerials' rocket launcher could do with a slight buff as they're just a bit too weak.

What do y'all think?
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• theSevered
    446 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I've noticed after this last patch that the sonic implodes now cause self damage, making them worse.

Wookies need a nerf though, they're just on a different level then the other enforcers. I usually don't even bother picking them unless my team is losing.
  • Damn, self damage, really? Not good. Fortunately, their damage is weak
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Yeah it doesn't blind you but it takes 1/4 or 1/3 of your health and it actually sounds like you got hit by a melee of all things.
  • Plus that's how they were in SWBF2015 anyways... They just figured they'd change it up. But The sonic Imploder either needs to be way better, but it seems like you're going backwards on that, or give him his Thermal Imploder back.
  • The Sonic Imploder just doesn't balance right in terms of performance against the Wrist Rocket, Thermal Imploder and Incendiary Imploder; it's underwhelming. Like I said, I like the Sonic Imploder as the flash is quite effective but Deathtroopers shouldn't have it
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • dice clearly half **** the reinforcement classes.

1. wookies as enforcers across all good factions, this is the definition of laziness. data miners found signs of unique enforcers, like rebel honor guards. but non of them are in the game. stripped from the base game to be added later to create a false sense of "free dlc"

2. Wookies are completely unique among the enforcers

a) they can combat roll while overloading
    b) their overload actually adds more than fire rate, adds another bolt and changes the bolt pattern to be more deadly.
    c) their DPS makes them reliable hero punishers.

3. some enforcers seem to be lazy variations of already existing units.

a) b2 super droid is obviously the rehash of the rocket droid, they even share the same HP & weaponry,
    b) if we ignore the unique skin death trooper is just a generic trooper with enforcer abilities. his overload just increases fire rate, but greatly reduces his mobility.
  • Yeah Clones, Rebels and Resistance should have 3 different enforcers rather than just Wookiees. Would make it more interesting. I hope it gets updated.

Flametroopers flame should shoot out much farther than what they do as as much as I want to use them I basically find them useless.

Hopefully the Sentinels we get (if they're gonna be introduced) are somewhere around the following:

- ARC Troopers (Republic)
    - Magna Guards or Droid Commandos (CIS)
    - Rebel Honour Guards (Rebels)
    - Emperor's Red Guards or Shadow Troopers (Empire)
    - unknown (Resistance)
    - Snoke's Red Guards - don't know their official name (First Order)
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • kespich
    393 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    flame troopers are a scam, my enforcer class is fully maxed out with hp + grenade aoe + hp on kill, still useless.
    death trooper can be alright at medium range but they don't really deserve 3k credits
    my aerial is also maxed out i can safely say rocket droid > super droid.

reinforcement classes need an overhaul, i hope they will adress them as whole with the introduction of sentinel class.

snoke's red guards are called praetorian guards,
  • kespich wrote: »
    flame troopers are a scam, my enforcer class is fully maxed out with hp + grenade aoe + hp on kill, still useless.
    death trooper can be alright at medium range but they don't really deserve 3k credits

reinforcement classes need an overhaul, i hope they will adress them as whole with the introduction of sentinel class.

I find enforcers to be so much better than aerial as they've got better defence, health, firepower, damage, can last longer, etc. I only use aerial when I'm First Order. But it all depends on a person's play style.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Sonic imploder both concuss’es and blinds but never kills,overload could add explosive damage? Maybe?

I find enforcers to be so much better than aerial as they've got better defence, health, firepower, damage, can last longer, etc. I only use aerial when I'm First Order. But it all depends on a person's play style.

yea

the best aerial right now is the clone one.

that pistol is one of the best weapons in the game, compensates for the low hp.
    droid is also alright because of its hp and twin blaster. 360 with level 4 card

rest is kinda not worth it for 2k credits., i wish we could customize the weapons.
  • Deathtroopers do need something. Their gun isnt that good either compared to wookie ookies!

Dont nerf wookie just bump Deathtroopers a bit.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
    dice clearly half **** the reinforcement classes.

1. wookies as enforcers across all good factions, this is the definition of laziness. data miners found signs of unique enforcers, like rebel honor guards. but non of them are in the game. stripped from the base game to be added later to create a false sense of "free dlc"

2. Wookies are completely unique among the enforcers

a) they can combat roll while overloading
    b) their overload actually adds more than fire rate, adds another bolt and changes the bolt pattern to be more deadly.
    c) their DPS makes them reliable hero punishers.

3. some enforcers seem to be lazy variations of already existing units.

a) b2 super droid is obviously the rehash of the rocket droid, they even share the same HP & weaponry,
    b) if we ignore the unique skin death trooper is just a generic trooper with enforcer abilities. his overload just increases fire rate, but greatly reduces his mobility.

This is my issue with the Reinforcement classes too. However, I have a personal theory that a lot of this stuff that data miners have found was unfinished not due to laziness or to make future DLC, but simply due to the rush to get the game out in time for Christmas. There are many things in the game, including some basics, which show signs of being rushed rather than properly thought out.
  • Rebel honor guards would definitely be a good counterpart to the Deathtrooper guard I can see the Honor guards having the original rapidfire DH–17 from Battlefront2015 keeping the same awesome look as elite Honor-guards but maybe trading out the thermal and getting a buffed hi-x rocket launcher,

If only if only. Rebel honor guards for the rebels, “Republic Clone Commandos that we all love and cherish” for the Republic as enforcers, and Wookie warriors for the resistance.

And maybe also give the republic an edge on Kashyyyk like giving them also wookiee Warriors but substituting wookie warriors out for the clone commandos.

How’s that for uniqueness? Faction unique units for a (used to be epic chosen game)

Clone commandos, B2 supers, CloneWars

Deathtroopers, Honor Guards, Galactic-Civil War

Flametroopers, Wookiee Warriors. Rise of the 1st Order
  • There's all sorts of alternatives. It'll be interesting to see how much the game grows over next year
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."