criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Roll needs to be nerfed

Prev1345
rolling across the battlefield,,,some of these guys that use roll repeatedly are impossible to hit,,,,,I did not know that all the soldiers in star wars were acrobats ,,its pathetic watching a battle droid roll around ,,They need to put a cool down between rolls like a couple seconds,,,It seems like in every game there will be one guy that has mastered the art of rolling around like a maniac killing everyone in his path,,,it just doesn't fit in the game play could a trooper wearing all that armour and gear really do this , if they want to add a better action let the players lay down instead of always standing prone

Replies

• that and nerf herders
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Always standing prone?
  • Definitely needs a 5 second cooldown between rolls and the hitbox needs to be fixed.
  • It's sort of like on battlefront 2015 when you'd be shooting at an enemy and they'd just fly off with the jet pack before you could kill them, pretty annoying. Solution could be you can only roll 3 seconds after being hit?
  • The roll looks weird but it adds a lot to gameplay.
  • EightMile wrote: »
    that and nerf herders

Don't you dare use that word! That's our word!
  • BenSolo wrote: »
    It's sort of like on battlefront 2015 when you'd be shooting at an enemy and they'd just fly off with the jet pack before you could kill them, pretty annoying. Solution could be you can only roll 3 seconds after being hit?

That's pretty dumb, the point of rolling is evading attacks, so, why the heck you will not be able to roll when being hit?

Very dumb, if you want a nerf (which i don't think it needs, only for Lightsaber Wielders, cause they can't hit anyone while rolling) then make it 3 secs cooldown between each roll
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Definitely needs a 5 second cooldown between rolls and the hitbox needs to be fixed.

And it shouldn't be able to cancel out hero abilities (a select few of which take quite a lot of skill to use) such as Force Freeze or even Palpatine's main lightning attacks which homes in on enemies anyway. It's almost too advantageous at the moment.

I have no contest against outmaneuvering lightsaber strikes.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    BenSolo wrote: »
    It's sort of like on battlefront 2015 when you'd be shooting at an enemy and they'd just fly off with the jet pack before you could kill them, pretty annoying. Solution could be you can only roll 3 seconds after being hit?

That's pretty dumb, the point of rolling is evading attacks, so, why the heck you will not be able to roll when being hit?

Very dumb, if you want a nerf (which i don't think it needs, only for Lightsaber Wielders, cause they can't hit anyone while rolling) then make it 3 secs cooldown between each roll

Okay let's see you do an acrobatic roll after getting hit by a laser blast.. I don't know what the solution is but I just think it's a bit daft when youre shooting someone and they simply just roll out of the way. It just doesn't make it seem very realistic.
  • "Roll needs to be nerfed" hahah, wow, this is just so sad. There's ready a slight cooldown after rolling twice in a row, it's fine as is. Rolling and strafing are great for evading and manoeuvring, learn the ways. Considering you can't shoot when rolling, it's actually an advantage when someone rolls as long as you follow their direction, makes it easier to kill them.

"Roll needs to be nerfed" hahahahaha, that's actually hilarious
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • After first roll, 1 sec cooldown. 10 sec cooldown after second roll, if within 10 seconds of first roll. Rolls more than 10 secs apart are not considered consecutive.
  • A slightly longer cooldown is enough.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • There is a cooldown after 2 rolls. And 10 seconds?! Are you crazy LOL
  • All I get from these threads (aside from roll immuning force powers completely which is a problem) is "I can't aim at rolling enemies... nerf roll" or "I can't figure out how to bait 2 rolls and then cut them in half with my saber... I just want to mash saber and win".
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    All I get from these threads (aside from roll immuning force powers completely which is a problem) is "I can't aim at rolling enemies... nerf roll" or "I can't figure out how to bait 2 rolls and then cut them in half with my saber... I just want to mash saber and win".

yep
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
    All I get from these threads (aside from roll immuning force powers completely which is a problem) is "I can't aim at rolling enemies... nerf roll" or "I can't figure out how to bait 2 rolls and then cut them in half with my saber... I just want to mash saber and win".

That would be true if you're always fighting one enemy. But if you're a good hero player that actually pushes the objective that's never true, and now you have to deal with Rollie McGee kiting the hell out of you whilst his entire team shoots at your ****. Better yet, you go to force stun him and he ROLLS out of it. Yep. Surely a case of git gud. You're probably just a ranged hero/ palp camper and have no idea what the hell pushing on an objective is.
  • Razzzor77 wrote: »
    could a trooper wearing all that armour and gear really do this

Speaking as a member of the 501st Legion myself, and having actually worn the armour: not a hope in hell.

• Axomm wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

That would be true if you're always fighting one enemy. But if you're a good hero player that actually pushes the objective that's never true, and now you have to deal with Rollie McGee kiting the **** out of you whilst his entire team shoots at your ****. Better yet, you go to force stun him and he ROLLS out of it. Yep. Surely a case of git gud. You're probably just a ranged hero/ palp camper and have no idea what the **** pushing on an objective is.

Ya, with my 29 Rey and my 28 Vader I clearly have no clue what i'm talking about with melee heroes.
  • Is this serious?
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Well then you of all people should understand the struggle. I'm not saying you can't 1v1 a trooper. What I'm saying is that the amount of effort to take down 1 unit is insane in comparison to the facility of playing a ranged hero. That's undeniable.

Completly, the force powers immunity (and even more, Palps main attack) needs to be fixed
  • Rossflex
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Comment Removed.

Post edited by T0TALfps on
  • WarfareKiller41
    6041 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rossflex wrote: »
    Comment Removed.

Was that necessary?
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • First of all, combat roll should be a skillfull way to dodge certain attacks and get out of harms way. What it shouldnt do is make you completely invulnerable against lightsaber attacks and force powers. The simple fix would be to remove the invulnerability frames and instead make it so that strikes from sabers doesnt close the distance when somebody rolls. I have seen so many videos of people surviving against a saber user long enough through rolling so that the aggressor gets completely demolished by opposing teammates.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rossflex wrote: »
    Comment Removed.

Was that necessary?
    Why is behavior like this becoming more and more common? I've lost count of the amount of trolls and flame baiters I've seen this week.

The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Axomm wrote: »
    Well then you of all people should understand the struggle. I'm not saying you can't 1v1 a trooper. What I'm saying is that the amount of effort to take down 1 unit is insane in comparison to the facility of playing a ranged hero. That's undeniable.

Well I mean if you are in a situation where one trooper is roll spamming and he has a bunch of teammates backing him up, you should just saber block and dash retreat, break line of sight, then re-engage on your terms; works well for me. Melee heroes get wrecked by rollers in that situation where they over-commit because they want to kill the annoying roller rather than thinking strategically (I did it plenty of times myself and died... and learned from my mistakes).
  • Was that necessary?

Some people were never taught manners.
  • lok
    952 posts Member
    My explosive sentry sais different.
  • It’s an OP joke against force sensitive heroes. Negates all saber damage, confuses the emperor’s basic attack, and most Force abilities are useless against roll.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    "Roll needs to be nerfed" hahah, wow, this is just so sad. There's ready a slight cooldown after rolling twice in a row, it's fine as is. Rolling and strafing are great for evading and manoeuvring, learn the ways. Considering you can't shoot when rolling, it's actually an advantage when someone rolls as long as you follow their direction, makes it easier to kill them.

"Roll needs to be nerfed" hahahahaha, that's actually hilarious

Hahaha. No thanks, what’s with all the nerf calling lately.
    PSN: d0kRX
    It’s an OP joke against force sensitive heroes. Negates all saber damage, confuses the emperor’s basic attack, and most Force abilities are useless against roll.

So true. I both was on the receiving end of the spam as well as performing it, and it is completely ridiculous. If you can roll to avoid a saber or Force ABILITIES, then the Saber needs to one shot. Even then, that won't be enough, since you can't hit targets while rolling.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    BenSolo wrote: »

Clone201 wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Definitely needs a 5 second cooldown between rolls and the hitbox needs to be fixed.

And it shouldn't be able to cancel out hero abilities (a select few of which take quite a lot of skill to use) such as Force Freeze or even Palpatine's main lightning attacks which homes in on enemies anyway. It's almost too advantageous at the moment.

I have no contest against outmaneuvering lightsaber strikes.

+1
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Hammer_down99
    782 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hypnoziz wrote: »
    First of all, combat roll should be a skillfull way to dodge certain attacks and get out of harms way. What it shouldnt do is make you completely invulnerable against lightsaber attacks and force powers. The simple fix would be to remove the invulnerability frames and instead make it so that strikes from sabers doesnt close the distance when somebody rolls. I have seen so many videos of people surviving against a saber user long enough through rolling so that the aggressor gets completely demolished by opposing teammates.

It doesn't make any player invulnerable to roll, you need to learn to play the lightsaber characters better. Don't just wildly swing your saber hoping to land it. I laugh when the noobs swing until there stamina is gone, then I kill them.
    good players will kill me even if I combat roll, after a few dodges, if my team isn't there to help I will get killed
  • [

Ya, with my 29 Rey and my 28 Vader I clearly have no clue what i'm talking about with melee heroes.

If rank actually equates real play time with said character and not just pumping crafting parts into the class this would have actual merit. I could have the same rank and never play the class once.

LOL, learn to aim better. I can kill combat rollers, don't aim where they were, aim were they will be!
    Without combat roll in this game, your dead. Combat roll is a must

LOL, learn to aim better. I can kill combat rollers, don't aim where they were, aim were they will be!

Please teach me how to “learn to aim better” with a lightsaber and Force abilities...I’ll wait...
  • [

If rank actually equates real play time with said character and not just pumping crafting parts into the class this would have actual merit. I could have the same rank and never play the class once.

At this point in the game (early game) yes, rank probably has a significant correlation with play time as few people have the crafting parts to pimp out heroes which they don't actually use... I know for myself I unlocked all the heroes, played them a good amount, and then picked the ones I was going to focus my crafting parts on because I was playing them the most.
  • ....and slow down an already slow paced game? Negative; this game is already slow and grindy enough. Run,run,run,shoot , roll . Repeat.

Bring back the Jetpack card.

Please teach me how to “learn to aim better” with a lightsaber and Force abilities...I’ll wait...

UHHH..land your Lightsaber where they will land with there roll, anticipate it and do it. I kill combat rollers all the time and I get killed.It's not guaranteed immunity. You need practice plain and simple

UHHH..land your Lightsaber where they will land with there roll, anticipate it and do it. I kill combat rollers all the time and I get killed.It's not guaranteed immunity. You need practice plain and simple

Rolls breaks tracking and disables sabers closing attacks, so no. If the roller is doing it right (adding momentary sprints during the 2s cd), you won't catch them - and especially if they have non-standard/long/quick dashes like Palpatine's.

Lol? Please tell me you’re trolling. You’re not allowed to swing as low as they’re rolling and they can somehow also roll under your Force abilities. There’s no such thing as having to “practice” to hit someone rolling because they’re granted immunity from force sensitive users. I play HvV half the time. If you don’t want to be touched by a saber user then you combat roll around. You’re even granted temporary immunity after standing upright after coming out of a combat roll. There’s no skill that goes into spamming roll. There’s also no harm in increasing the cooldown between rolls.

This so much
  • I am not able to roll continuously. I can 2 times then it takes a few seconds to roll again.
    How does one roll over and over like shown above....musta been nerfed since then.
  • 7es7 wrote: »

Rolls breaks tracking and disables sabers closing attacks, so no. If the roller is doing it right (adding momentary sprints during the 2s cd), you won't catch them - and especially if they have non-standard/long/quick dashes like Palpatine's.

Then how come I can kill a roller with trooper melee lol. Just time your attacks (or in dark souls terms, try to rollcatch)
  • Hammer_down99
    782 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Lol? Please tell me you’re trolling. You’re not allowed to swing as low as they’re rolling and they can somehow also roll under your Force abilities. There’s no such thing as having to “practice” to hit someone rolling because they’re granted immunity from force sensitive users. I play HvV half the time. If you don’t want to be touched by a saber user then you combat roll around. You’re even granted temporary immunity after standing upright after coming out of a combat roll. There’s no skill that goes into spamming roll. There’s also no harm in increasing the cooldown between rolls.

I'm not trolling at all. The game has been out a month and everyone thinks they are experts now. Combat rolls are not an issue to most players.
    So if your playing Han Solo for example, and Darth Vader is coming at you, you're saying people should have no chance of escape?
    Watch someone who doesn't roll get owned in 2 secs. So because you can't kill a combat roller, everyone else should suffer. I would love to play you in a Match, you combat roll and I will be Vader. I will Kill you.
    I'm not going to tell people how to counter a combat roll, the game mechanics are there but obviously you guys haven't learned how to do it.
    you do know that force wielders have a dodge move as well?
    that's all I will say
  • Landeaux2
    2873 posts Member
    edited December 2017

I'm not trolling at all. The game has been out a month and everyone thinks they are experts now. Combat rolls are not an issue to most players.
    So if your playing Han Solo for example, and Darth Vader is coming at you, you're saying people should have no chance of escape?
    Watch someone who doesn't roll get owned in 2 secs. So because you can't kill a combat roller, everyone else should suffer. I would love to play you in a Match, you combat roll and I will be Vader. I will Kill you.

I’m by no means an expert. I’m not here to brag about anything. But my eyes aren’t deceiving me when I see someone continuously combat rolling to escape sabers and Force abilities; I do the same thing because it’s abusable. I’m saying that there needs to be a longer cooldown between rolls. The ability shouldn’t be used to continuously kite a saber user to death. Saber users are supposed to have the advantage at CQC. Don’t render my saber user useless for the sake of being able to abuse combat roll
    Please gloat about how great you are, though!

I'm not going to tell people how to counter a combat roll, the game mechanics are there but obviously you guys haven't learned how to do it.
    you do know that force wielders have a dodge move as well?
    that's all I will say

I actually fought a really good Vader the other day and I could tell he was a really good duelist. (I was Rey btw) instead of mashing the lightsaber swings, he was doing every few swings and blocking, while at the same time dashing to avoid attacks as well as closing the distance or getting behind me. He often try to baiting me to swing as well so he can counterattack and try to roll catch and timed his abilities when I attack and missed. It really shows a difference between a good player and the nerfherders crying about combat rolls

And I can tell u I seen heroes get brutally slaughtered by lightsabers without combat rolls and dashes
  • I’m by no means an expert. I’m not here to brag about anything. But my eyes aren’t deceiving me when I see someone continuously combat rolling to escape sabers and Force abilities; I do the same thing because it’s abusable. I’m saying that there needs to be a longer cooldown between rolls. The ability shouldn’t be used to continuously kite a saber user to death. Saber users are supposed to have the advantage at CQC. Don’t render my saber user useless for the sake of being able to abuse combat roll.
    Please gloat about how great you are, though!
  • 7es7 wrote: »

Then how come I can kill a roller with trooper melee lol. Just time your attacks (or in dark souls terms, try to rollcatch)

I doubt you kill any rollers consistently. Post a match of you roll-catching against rollers - doesn't even have to be jet-trooper; a saber user in HvV will do.

Rollcatching only works when rolls have recovery frames. Dark Souls i-frames are only active during the beginning of the animation, slightly extendable with lighter gear/stats - in other words, they're punishable. Battlefront rolls are completely invincible from start to finish, can be chained, and only have a 2s cd from fatigue (which doesn't matter since you should be doing momentary kites during their locked saber animations to create even more distance). The i-frames even extend to when the character is standing up.

Furthermore, rolls break tracking and disable closing attacks; rolls create more distance than saber attacks' travel - meaning you'll always lag and waste stam with missed swings, unless the roller screws up. Maul is an exception, who does better at compensating through raw footspeed.

• I agree...put like a 2 second or something cooldown on rolling around. It's ridiculous.