criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Still waiting for 45k credits back from buying heroes before the 75% price cut

Still waiting for my money back cause i spent a lot of time getting vader and then yall went and cut his price by 75% so i want my 45k credits back.

Replies

• If you were able to buy/unlock all the Heros before they discounted them, then you have no problems earning credits. You shouldn't let something that will NEVER happen bother you.
  • this doesnt make any sense. it's like if you buy something online at a certain price and then a week later they discount that item. do you get to go back to the store and get your money back for the difference? you could always wait to buy heroes or wait for a discount.
  • If the credits got cut back by 75%, you'd be getting back 11,250, not 45k, lol. If I'm not mistaken, not only did the amount if credits it took to get Vader get cut down by 75%, but so did the amount of credits you earn.
    If you were able to buy/unlock all the Heros before they discounted them, then you have no problems earning credits. You shouldn't let something that will NEVER happen bother you.

^also, this
  • RenegadeNC
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    If you were able to buy/unlock all the Heros before they discounted them, then you have no problems earning credits. You shouldn't let something that will NEVER happen bother you.

You can only do challenges once and if he got the majority of those credits from challenges then RIP...
    stevenomes wrote: »
    this doesnt make any sense. it's like if you buy something online at a certain price and then a week later they discount that item. do you get to go back to the store and get your money back for the difference? you could always wait to buy heroes or wait for a discount.

Well to be fair you actually can with most places... If I buy something from let's say walmart online and then the next day they discount it, I can then get a refund for the full price I paid at a local walmart and repurchase the same thing again for the lower price.
  • It was pre launch dont think they should waste time.
  • the point of buying the game early is to be able to play it right away. but the risk is something could change after launch. the game could be broken and unplayable, they could drop the price after a month if it bombs hard, they could come out with a patch that changes certain things in the game. all this is a gamble its part of the risk you take if you pre-order. the solution is to not pre-order if you are worried about something changing early on.
  • You forgot to look for the 'Price March Guarantee'.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Oh...you want credits back because you spent them prior to a game change?

qGhiEIe.gif
  • Good thing I was away on holiday on the week of launch and didn't get to play. When I saw the prices reduced to 15k for Luke and Darth. I thought hot damn, lucky !!
  • Kavian wrote: »
    Still waiting for my money back cause i spent a lot of time getting vader and then yall went and cut his price by 75% so i want my 45k credits back.

It was your choice to buy them...you should know by now that this is EA we're talking about. You shouldn't get rewarded for jumping in mindlessly. It's like going to the store during a sale and saying "I bought this at 3 times the price a month ago, you better refund me!"

I was patient and I got rewarded, you weren't and you pay the consequences
  • I feel for you and your extra credits used, but I doubt they will do anything for the simple reason of precedent. They may put some heroes on sale during future events, or even make them free for a time, and if they gave you your credits back, then if they did a future discount they would have to give everyone credits back.

I'd rather they have the opportunity to discount or give things away for new players than only reward those of us who have been here since the beginning and already earned lots of stuff. I just think that's a better way to help grow the game and player base.
  • Checks in the mail