criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefronts biggest flaw

Battlefront is trying to hard to please everyone. In the process, its made regular gamers feel like the game is to simple, and casual gamers feel its to hard. Its online multiplayer focus has destroyed the game. Its obvious you want the casual players, hence the graphics focus and the simple gameplay.

An old and simple solution is to make the maps playable in all of their entirety offline. Allow casual players to experiene the game at their level with ai. Allow the ai harder difficulties for experienced players. Allow more complex mechanics like troop transports, hanger to hanger etc.

Ai would solve the canon and non canon problem to as people could do what they want. We could have much more open and larger scale battles.

Bring balance to the force.

Replies

• Yup. Another problem with it are the maps themselves. They have way too many obstacles to dodge or get hung up on when you are in the heat of battle.
  • Vilpire
    713 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    tufwolfman wrote: »
    Yup. Another problem with it are the maps themselves. They have way too many obstacles to dodge or get hung up on when you are in the heat of battle.

That's actually what I totally like about the maps. They feel like they were populated by civilians/animals until a second ago, when the fight started. Also, the random stuff that lies around everywhere makes for good tactical opportunities and it is great cover.
    The maps feel very much alive, and that is the reason I dislike Crait that much; the first phase of the map is completely empty with a few tunnels that look exactly the same. Now I know that this is just the surface of the planet but it's boring nonetheless.
    What I also really like is the quazillions of little details that bring those maps to life - for example the birds on Naboo. No other FPS can immerse me so much.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban