criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars movies ranked

2Next

Replies

• What would be interesting would be for me to know your ages when you choose your favs.

I’m sure that results of when you were born and when you saw the movies shows the influence in your choices. Not always granted, but in the majority.

Oh, and let’s not forget, it’s not a troll to like one above the other. Some of us may not be able to fathom out why, but it’s still their opinion :smiley:

My list can change sometimes but not by much.

The gaps are how far down the list they are :wink:

Age 47

ESB
    ANH
    ROTJ

-

-

-

-

-

ROTS
    -
    -

TFA

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

AOTC

-
    -
    -

TLJ

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

ROGUE ONE

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

TPM (great music and final fight with Maul)

I’m honestly surprised how far RO is down on your lists.
  • 1. Return of the Jedi
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Rogue1
    5.Phantom Menace
    6.Attack of the Clones
    7. Revenge of the Sith

3051.The Bold & the Beautifull
    3052. The Force Awakens
    3053. The Last Jedi
  • Collectively The Clone Wars Series
    Revenge of the Sith
    Attack of the Clones
    The Last Jedi
    Return Of The Jedi
    Empire Strikes back
    The Force Awakens
    A New Hope
    Star Wars Rebels
    Phantom Menace
    Rogue One
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I saw the original trilogy first when they did the remastered in 1997 or whenever that was. I had no friends in 6th grade after moving to a new city, so watched the trilogy over and over in the basement that summer.

I still remember the beginning part where they did the documentary on remastering the films "in 1977 George Lucas created the star wars trilogy and changed the way we look at movies"
  • 1/ANH
    2/ESB
    3/ROTJ
    4/ROTS
    5/rogue 1
    6/AOTC
    7/TFA
    8/TPM
    9/caravan of courage
    10/battle of endor
    11/TLJ worst did not like
  • The
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    What would be interesting would be for me to know your ages when you choose your favs.

I’m sure that results of when you were born and when you saw the movies shows the influence in your choices. Not always granted, but in the majority.

Oh, and let’s not forget, it’s not a troll to like one above the other. Some of us may not be able to fathom out why, but it’s still their opinion :smiley:

My list can change sometimes but not by much.

The gaps are how far down the list they are :wink:

Age 47

ESB
    ANH
    ROTJ

-

-

-

-

-

ROTS
    -
    -

TFA

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

AOTC

-
    -
    -

TLJ

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

ROGUE ONE

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

TPM (great music and final fight with Maul)

I’m honestly surprised how far RO is down on your lists.

Think it’s because of a few factors.

1, It made the rebellion look nasty and evil. I know they probably did things we wouldn’t like, but I didn’t want to see it. I’m think Cassian shooting the guy at the beginning and the rebel general saying in private to take out Jins dad. All didn’t chime with me.

2, I love Donny, but hated his character.

3, I don’t think anyone was likeable except K2SO.

4, it was a movie I don’t recall anyone ever asking for ever on how the rebel’s stole the Death Star Plans.

I just found it a hard movie to watch.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Everyone has their own opinion about it. I really liked Rogue One because it was not expected. There was no expectstion coming in of what the movie should have in it. Just a star wars side story. Since it was about a specific event they could really focus on the story and didn't have to live up to expectations with what people expect from certain characters or roles. So it didn't taint my opinon like with the others where already established event play into your opinion about the characters. People felt (myself included) they did Luke dirty in TLJ, or that Rey has unexplained force powers, snoke was a wasted supreme villain etc. There were certain expectations based on the other movies. Since this was just a side story none of that played in and I could watch the movie with an open mind.
  • 1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
  • 1. The motion picture
    2. Wrath of Khan
    3. Search for spock
    4. Joking obviously
    5. ANH
    6. ESB
    7. ROTJ
    8. ROGUE
    9. PM
    10. FA
    11. TLJ
    12. ROTS
    13. AOTC
    14. Battlestar Galactica.
  • 1. Revenge Of The Sith

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Return Of The Jedi

4. Rogue One

5. Attack Of The Clones

6. A New Hope

7. The Last Jedi

8. The Phantom Menace

9. The Force Awakens
  • 1.ROTS
    2. TESB
    3. ANH
    4. TPM
    5. ROTJ
    6. AOTC

Glad to see so many agree with ROTS, amazing movie.
  • best Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes back Worst the Farce Awakens and Last of the Whiny little Tatooine Jedi.
  • 1) A New Hope
    2) The Phantom Menace
    3) Attack of the Clones
    4) Rouge One
    5) Revenge of the Sith
    6) Return of the Jedi
    7) The Force Awakens
    8) The Empire Strikes Back
    9) The Last Jedi
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Most of you are missing some movies.

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Rogue One
    6. A New Hope
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. Star Wars: The Clone Wars ( Film)
    9. The Holiday Special
    10.Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
    11. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    12. The Last Jedi
    13. The Force Awakens
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • 1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. Rogue One
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. Phantom Menace
  • 1. The Force Awakens (Love Characters Rey & Kylo, Falcon Chase Seen, Hans Death)
    2. Revenge Of The Sith (Yoda vs Palpatine LOVED that and the final plans being put in place by Palpatine, Vader, etc)
    3. The Last Jedi (Disliked VERY MUCH on 1st viewing.. watched too many theories.. LOVED it 2nd + 3rd Viewing)
    4. A New Hope
    5. Rogue One
    6. Empire Strikes Back (LOVED the AT-AT's on Hoth + Cloud City - Middle was kinda dull for me at least)
    7. Return Of The Jedi
    8. Attack Of The Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
  • 1) Return Of The Jedi
    2) The Empire Strikes Back
    3) A New Hope
    4) The Last Jedi
    5) The Force Awakens
    6) Rogue One
    7) Revenge Of The Sith
    8) The Phantom Menace
    9) Attack Of The Clones
  • Piscettios
    5387 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeti1234 wrote: »
    3) Attack of the Clones

Can you put me in touch with your guy? Because man that must be some killer **** your smokin.
    NPA79 wrote: »
    3052. The Force Awakens
    3053. The Last Jedi

Watch out! Hot take coming through.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Rogue One
    6. The Last Jedi
    7. Attack of the Clones
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. The Force Awakens
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • I don't have a list really, I really love the whole series, the PT, the CW, the OT, and the ST. Empire is probably the best of the bunch, and when I was younger I'd definitely have picked it as my favorite, but with time I've grown to appreciate all of the films for different reasons.

The coolest thing about this thread is seeing that basically no two peoples lists are the same :)
  • Let me refine my choices
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Return Of the jedi
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Christmas Special who doesn't love Art Carney and Beatrice Arthur ,Jefferson Starship, and Dihann Carol or Harvey Korman
    6. Battle for Endor who doesnt love Wilford Brimley
    7. Star Wars
    8. Rogue 1
    9. Last of the jedi
    10. Phantom Menace
    11. The Farce Awakens

• The coolest thing about this thread is seeing that basically no two peoples lists are the same :)

I’ve also noticed that.
  • Hrafn_Fel
    778 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    1. Phantom menace
    2. Rogue one
    3. Clone wars
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the clones
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. A new hope
    8. Empire strikes back
    9. Spaceballs
    10. Ewok movie
    11. Force awakens
    12. Not TLJ
  • d100Productions
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    6 > 5 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 2 > RO > 8 > 1
  • 1 Empire
    2 New Hope
    3 The Force Awakens
    4 Return of the Jedi
    5 Revenge of the Sith
    6 The Last Jedi
    7 Attack of the Clones
    8 Phantom Menace
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    1 Empire
    2 New Hope
    3 The Force Awakens
    4 Return of the Jedi
    5 Revenge of the Sith
    6 The Last Jedi
    7 Attack of the Clones
    8 Phantom Menace
    Rogue One?
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Huntsman572
    94 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    1- Return of the Jedi- actually liked this a click better than Empire for its epicness

2- Empire Strikes Back- at the top of every Star Wars fan's list

3- Revenge of the Sith (aside from stutter steps like "noooo" and losing the will to live, the prequels finally hit their stride)

4- Rogue One (not sure why folks don't like this one; nitpicking aside I loved this film)

5- New Hope (blasphemy I know but Harrison Ford hurt his back carrying this movie and you can thank him for the franchise ever getting off the ground)

6- Phantom Menace: ok yea, yea, too much kid stuff and lacking the personality and humor of the originals, turning into a Jedi frowning contest. That said, admit it, you were blown away by the fight choreography from true, trained Jedi. That was like nothing we'd seen before when it came out. We also got memorable characters like Qui Gon and Maul...and Duel of the Fates!

7- The Last Jedi - I don't hate it the way many super fans do. The reveals/twists were disappointments and the failure to properly flesh out characters despite an ample run time that felt like time was squandered on the wrong things. I also have solid disagreements with how Snoke as well as Luke were handled and just about every fight involving lightsabers. Despite this acting was good, and it was still a decent movie. I liked it...I just didn't love it.

8- The Force Awakens (when we said we wanted a movie with Star Wars *feel* we didn't mean to just remake the original damn movie...my least favorite of the originals I might add)

9- Attack of the Clones (written by Tommy Wiseau..."you're tearing me apart Padme!")
  • Rogue 1 is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Makes me wanna goage my eyes out. I understand everyone gets an opinion and all but anyone who puts rogue 1 over empire strikes back dosent deserve an opinion
  • 1-3. A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi
    4-6. The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones & Revenge Of The Sith
    7. Rouge One
    1000. The Force Awakens (utter ****)
    2000. The Last Jedi (just assuming, haven't watched it)
  • I rewatched the prequels just a week ago for the first time in ten years to reassess my opinion on them. Not much changed except I think Revenge of the Sith is much better than I originally gave it credit for. In my defense I only saw it once and when I was steeped in bitter anti-prequel mentality.

1. A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back--impossible for me to split these two. ln 30 years I have literally seen them at least a hundred times each.
    2. Revenge of the Sith--They nailed the tone and I feel they tied up the loose ends as best they could.
    3. Return of the Jedi--I don't mind the ewoks at all. Good resolution.
    4. The Force Awakens--The hatred this movie gets is so ridiculous. I just watched it again. The characters and acting were so good and say what you want about it being safe or the Resistance being rehashed, it's a good movie.
    5. Rogue One--Decent movie but not remarkable.
    6. The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones--Still find these movies to be utter crap with the most gratuitous use of CGI and bad writing in the entire series.

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet. The Last Jedi will be this weekend.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Yeti1234 wrote: »
    3) Attack of the Clones

Can you put me in touch with your guy? Because man that must be some killer **** your smokin.
    NPA79 wrote: »
    3052. The Force Awakens
    3053. The Last Jedi

Watch out! Hot take coming through.

Hot take?Really? I m no conservative fan I liked rogue 1 but the new ones are a nightmare. Even the prequels were better. Weak scenario, weak characters , you see kylos face within the hour , solo gets an unworthy ending and the highlight is the castle.REALLY? You go to another planet and you find a castle? Very creative. They might as well put Disneys Castle.
    Cmon gime a break TOTAL CHEAPNESS!
  • 4, 5, 6, 3, R1, 2, 1, 8, 7
  • A New Hope
    Empire
    Return of the Jedi
    Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi
    Rogue One
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    Phantom Menace
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    1 Empire
    2 New Hope
    3 The Force Awakens
    4 Return of the Jedi
    5 Revenge of the Sith
    6 The Last Jedi
    7 Attack of the Clones
    8 Phantom Menace
    Rogue One?

not an episode so its not on my list.
    I like the movie, but it doesn't fit
  • bfloo
    14095 posts Member
    ESB

ANH

RotS

RotJ

RO

TPM

TLJ

AotC

TFA
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 1. Ep 5
    2. Ep 4
    3. Ep 3
    4. Ep 6
    5. Rogue One
    6. Ep 8
    7. Ep 7
    8. Ep 2
    9. Ep 1
    10. Solo Movie
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • 6. The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones--Still find these movies to be utter **** with the most gratuitous use of CGI and bad writing in the entire series.

There was a lot, I'll grant you that, but let's please be mindful of the fact that it wasn't 100% CGI as some people ignorantly claim it was.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • For me the first two are interchangeable but given how much of an impact it had on me as a kid, particularly the death star battle I'd go:

1. ANH and then 2. ESB.

I love ROTJ but having re-watched TFA again, I know it gets criticised but I really enjoy that movie. I like having a female protagonist (I just think sometimes it makes for a more interesting story, Buffy the Vampire Slayer would not have worked as well if it had been Brian the Vampire Slayer); I think the acting and interplay is excellent; I love a bit of nostalgia and like a lot of other people I do wish they'd gone with something less spherical for the final assault but I could live with that too. (And a big final and hopeful battle mirrors both Ep 1 and Ep 4 so it is consistent, it just could have been a different setting).

So I that means

3. TFA

and for Mark Hamill's performance alone I would put TLJ next.

4. TLJ

Then I can't decide between the next to so equal fifth are:

5. R1 and ROTJ

7. ROTS

8. TPM (beats AOTC for duel of the fates sequence)

9. AOTC

But I enjoy all of them cringy moments and all. I was 7 when ROTJ came out so Star Wars has been part of my life pretty much my entire life and I want more of it so the constant criticism of the new movies gets me down (and they're really good).
  • Look through this if you think the prequels is all CGI.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VONZ3
  • Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Rouge One
    Revenge of The Sith
    Return of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Clone Wars
    The Christmas special
    Then a tie between The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi for last
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Rouge One
    Revenge of The Sith
    Return of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Clone Wars
    The Christmas special

It was Holiday Special not a Christmas special and you can't seriously but that above the new films.
  • ARC211092
    567 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Stalemate wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Rouge One
    Revenge of The Sith
    Return of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Clone Wars
    The Christmas special

It was Holiday Special not a Christmas special and you can't seriously but that above the new films.

I did, and I stand by that decision. This new trilogy doesn't even feel like Star Wars to me. Chewbacca's son was more well written than rey is.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Rouge One
    Revenge of The Sith
    Return of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Clone Wars
    The Christmas special

I did, and I stand by that decision. This new trilogy doesn't even feel like Star Wars to me. Chewbacca's son was more well written than rey is.

Not to mention, these new movies, with the exception of Rouge One, feel rushed, cold, and hollow.